Start by marking “Llama Llama Mad at Mama” as Want to Read:
Llama Llama Mad at Mama

Llama Llama Mad at Mama (Llama Llama)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  14,112 Ratings  ·  529 Reviews
Summary:
Yucky music, great big feet.

Ladies smelling way too sweet.

Look at knees and stand in line.

Llama Llama starts to whine.

Does any child like to go shopping? Not Llama Llama! But Mama can?t leave Llama at home, so off they go to Shop-O-Rama. Lots of aisles. Long lines. Mama is too busy to notice that Llama Llama is getting m-a-d! And before he knows it, he?s having

Published September 6th 2007 by Viking Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Llama Llama Mad at Mama, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Llama Llama Mad at Mama

Jazmin Palma
So many kids can relate to this book. I would create a chart with the children that compares the book and that the children do when they go shopping with their moms. The children can also describe how they feel when they go shopping with their parents.
Dusty
Jan 01, 2016 Dusty rated it liked it
Shelves: read-with-jayden

My face when my kid wants me to read him this book, which happens pretty much every day.

It's the first day of a new year, and I figure that makes it as good a day as any to start keeping track of the many, many books I read with my son Jayden. Though most of the books on his shelf are 50 pages or less, I have read most of them enough times that they may as well be Gone with the Wind or one of the other of the overlong tomes that I have reviewed.

Anyway, the first book up this year is Llama Llama
Elaine
Sep 15, 2016 Elaine rated it it was amazing
Mama handles him so well!
Nanor & Co.
"This beloved children’s author didn’t want a funeral. She said read to a child instead..."

babyhippoface
Jan 15, 2008 babyhippoface rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: mothers of small children
Little llama llama is back, and this time he's getting impatient with his mother as she shops in the grocery store. The situation progresses until little llama is having a full-blown, pasta-flying, juice-spraying, cart-crashing, Cheezee Puff-tossing fit in the grocery store. Mama llama handles the ugly and potentially embarrassing situation with tremendous grace and patience (oh, that all moms were as calm as Mama llama), reminding little llama of how much he is loved, and leading him to quietly ...more
Aneesa
May 04, 2017 Aneesa rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A recurring theme.
Yiyu Guo
Feb 25, 2017 Yiyu Guo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the Llama Llama series books. They are fun, and the rhyming words are helpful for young readers. Llama always loves his Mama, what happen in this one? For children who are familiar with Llama Llama books, the title will raise their interest immediately, and they can connect their experience with the story.
Katie B.
Personal Response
I, personally, thought the book Llama Llama Mad at Mama was a funny kid book. It gave different circumstances that happens in real life; however, it is with llamas. I read this book to my seven year old neighbor; her name is Bekah and she is in second grade. Bekah thought that this book was hilarious because she was laughing the whole time. Her favorite part was when the little llama was mad at mama and he threw store objects everywhere.

Plot
The plot of Llama Llama mad at Mamaw
Erica
Jan 25, 2017 Erica added it
Shelves: edu-378-spring
Text-to-Self

I could relate to this book. Because when I was younger I used to be mad at my mother when we went to the store. I felt like my mother took forever in the store. But I would have never acted like that Llama did. I think that the book also could be used for teaching as well. This book could teach people goes to have patience especially kids. Because sometimes it is a frustrating thing to go to any store with parents. I know my kids get frustrated when we go to the store. So I do like
The Library Lady
Oct 04, 2007 The Library Lady rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Any child who hates to go shopping with mom, and any mom who hates to take her kids shopping will understand this book all too well. Dewdney knows how to write a good book in rhyme, and her illustrations are fabulous--who knew how expressive a llama's face could be. This one is as good as the original "Llama Llama Red Pajama" and I hope Dewdney has more adventures planned for Mama and Llama Llama!
Tc
Jun 26, 2014 Tc rated it it was amazing
Shelves: animals, feelings
Love this series! These books highlight key vocabulary and rhyme. Perfect for the classroom! This book would be great for discussing personal shopping experiences children have with their own parents and, how they could make it more enjoyable.
Lindsay
Dec 11, 2008 Lindsay rated it it was amazing
This is Ava's FAVE right now. I love to read aloud, and this one is rhythmic and hilarious...love it! Little Llama is PI$$ED...big time! Kids will definitely relate to being forced to shop, but the resolution at the end is so cute, it always ends up in a hugfest here. Highly recommended!
Bailey
Nov 08, 2008 Bailey rated it it was amazing
Perfect Rhymes! Perfect Tale! Anna Dewdney cannot fail!
Roy
Dec 18, 2008 Roy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-children
Those who have tantrum throwing children and the kids doing the tantrum throwing will all find this book to be utterly adorable.
Ellenjsmellen
May 09, 2008 Ellenjsmellen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-lit
Read this at the book store to my kids. Llama LLama Red Pajamas was cute too. Lots of llama drama.
Ashley Marie
Mar 19, 2016 Ashley Marie rated it it was amazing
This is a super cute book I read in a doctor's office.
Penney
Jan 19, 2016 Penney rated it it was amazing
Shelves: munchkins
Fabulous characters, expressive pictures and oh so true situations. I'm stoked there is an entire series about a llama family!
Elizabeth
Feb 24, 2012 Elizabeth rated it liked it
This llama definitely reminds me of myself when I was a kid!
Apr 18, 2008 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books, lol
Very clever llama drama.
Kate Petrocione
Oct 18, 2016 Kate Petrocione rated it it was amazing
Shelves: frigga-s-books
LLAMA LLAMA IS SO CUTE. I CANT GET OVER HIS LITTLE LLAMA BABY FACE CUTENESS.
Spencer Blackmon
Feb 04, 2017 Spencer Blackmon rated it really liked it
"Yucky music, great big feet. Ladies smelling way too sweet. Look at knees and stand in line. Llama Llama starts to whine."
Llama Llama Mad at Mama by Anna Dewdney takes us on a shopping trip through the eyes of child. The poetic storytelling shows how overwhelming and frustrating shopping for things that don't matter to you. Llama Llama reminds us that we have big emotions and its important to recognize them to learn how to cope. The art is expressive and shows the surroundings from the view po
Sophia
Jul 13, 2017 Sophia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-books
What kid hasn't thrown a tantrum at the store? I love the illustrations and the poetic text. Sweet story with a great ending...the mama llama is an expert at positive discipline, I migh add. I should have remembered what she said last weekend when my daughter started screaming during checkout at Target!
Taylor Volker
Jun 22, 2017 Taylor Volker rated it really liked it
This is a great story for those who have young children and understand the joys of taking your children shopping. It gives the perspective of Llama Llama who is the child and how boring it can be for a small child when shopping with parents, but how something small can turn it all around.
White House Public Library
Jul 01, 2017 White House Public Library rated it really liked it
So many children can relate to this book as with all books by Anna Dewdney. In this book Mama goes shopping and Llama Llama has to go with her. Mama handled all of Llama's tantrums so well. It's hard for kids to do "Grown up activities" and when adults realize that the happier we all will be!
Columbus
Feb 12, 2017 Columbus rated it really liked it
First we read "Red Pajama" and then this one. I think the little one liked this even less. Sorry little llama (sad face).

Oops. We had not read this book in fact. It's a better book than "Red Pajama." We had to change the rating from a 3 to a 4. Got ahead of myself.
Julianne Larsen
Jun 18, 2017 Julianne Larsen rated it it was amazing
Love this at Shop-a-rama!
Anna
Mama Llama makes the mistake of promising a bribe and Llama Llama gets impatient and throws a temper tantrum... Mama does a decent job of fixing the situation, though.
Mills Bryant
Mar 02, 2017 Mills Bryant rated it really liked it
Shelves: rdng-350
This book is about Llama Llama and how she got upset at her momma because they went on a shopping trip together, and llama didnt want to go because she didnt like shopping. They then realized that they should try to make shopping more fun for the both of them. I thought this book was okay. It wasnt one of my favorites, but I did think that I could use it in the classroom by telling students that sometimes even if youre doing things that you dont necessarily enjoy that you can be with people you ...more
NebraskaIcebergs
Nov 14, 2014 NebraskaIcebergs rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
It’s Saturday and Llama Llama wants to play. Except Mama Llama has to shop. And she can’t leave her little one behind. Llama Llama Mad at Mama by Anna Dewdney is one of many titles in a series of popular picture books featuring the most unusual character of a llama. Dewdney’s work is known for how it sympathetically address the everyday issues of young children and its incredible use of facial expressions in the illustrations. With Llama Llama Mad at Momma, Dewdney once again delivers.

What I lik
SaraKat
Feb 25, 2017 SaraKat rated it liked it
Shelves: juvenile, poetry
Nice rhymes. Fun to read out loud. Great for kids who get cranky when you shop!
  • Bear Feels Sick
  • How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You?
  • Bears on Chairs
  • Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes
  • Knuffle Bunny Free: An Unexpected Diversion (Knuffle Bunny, #3)
  • When a Dragon Moves In
  • Who Ate All the Cookie Dough?
  • Read to Tiger
  • Love, Splat (Splat the Cat)
  • Pigs Love Potatoes
  • Grumpy Bird
  • The Perfect Nest
  • LMNO Peas
  • Dooby Dooby Moo

Llama Llama (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Llama Llama Red Pajama