Start by marking “The Twisted Claw (Hardy Boys, #18)” as Want to Read:
The Twisted Claw (Hardy Boys, #18)

The Twisted Claw (Hardy Boys #18)

3.77  ·  Rating Details ·  1,919 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews

Book Details: Format: Hardcover Publication Date: 3/1/1939 Pages: 192 Reading Level: Age 8 and Up
Published June 1st 1969 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published January 1st 1939)

To ask other readers questions about The Twisted Claw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Twisted Claw

Duncan
May 01, 2015 Duncan rated it really liked it
What a delightful read. My son and daughter read it to me in stages and we all really enjoyed it. On to the next one !!
John Yelverton
Sep 30, 2011 John Yelverton rated it it was amazing
One of the very first mystery novels that I ever read, and purely because the cover of the book looked so awesome!
Edward Davies
Another silly Hardy Boys mystery where breaking the law by stowing away in ships is overlooked because the boys find some hollow logs. Madness!
David Ballesteros
Jun 03, 2015 David Ballesteros rated it it was amazing
The Twisted Claw by Frank Dixon was a heavy fighting and traveling adventure story. The Hardy brothers get suspicious about a heist for smuggling museum items. The bros decide to "join" the heist to inspect what's happening. Soon they get trapped in a boat for days because everyone found out they were spying. Eventually the brothers met a secret helper on the boat to help them escape. When they escaped the ended up on an abandoned island with Indians. The hardy's found a hermit who told the hard ...more
Carson
Nov 18, 2013 Carson rated it really liked it
The Twisted Claw
Franklin W. Dixon
Mystery

The Twisted claw is about Frank and Joe Hardy. There dad called them home one day and said they had a crime to solve. Joe and frank first had to check out the Black Parrot which was a ship. The Hardy's thought that it would have the stollen artifacts from the museum but they did not find any clues. Frank and joe dressed up in as ship mates but they got captured half way through the voyage. Another event was when all three of the Hardy's and Chet went t
Jack Tracy
Mar 17, 2015 Jack Tracy rated it really liked it
The Twisted Claw by Franklin W. Dixon is another example of a classic Hardy Boys mystery. When a New York museum is robbed the curator requests the Hardy Boys to figure out who did it. The Boys get into some major trouble on two ships that are up to no good. Will the Hardy Boys solve the mystery of the Twisted Claw? Read to find out.
Ashley Tetzlaff
Feb 15, 2014 Ashley Tetzlaff rated it it was amazing
Fredrick Danysh
Mar 25, 2015 Fredrick Danysh rated it liked it
Shelves: children-ya
Museums are being ripped off. Pirate collections that are rare are being stolen and being smuggled outside the country. The Hardy boys seek to find out who is responsible and stop them. This is a good read for readers in their early teens.
Joseph Tan
Jan 04, 2015 Joseph Tan rated it liked it
I'm not a big fan of The Hardy Boys, but I still like it. The first time I looked at this book, I doubted to read it. I suddenly gave up and started reading it. I became a little interested in the topic and after the end, I was like: "Not bad..."
Laura Verret
May 15, 2015 Laura Verret rated it really liked it
Fenton Hardy has asked his sons, Frank and Joe, to keep an eye on the Black Parrot, a ship of dubious associations harbored in Bayport Harbor. He can offer no further information, but it isn’t long before Frank and Joe begin to dig up clues on their own – and deduce that the Black Parrot is controlled by a man obsessed with resurrecting an ancient, deadly dynasty!

Can the Hardys stop this man before he wreaks more havoc in his bizarre quest to reclaim his family’s property from museums?

Conclusion
Kristofer
Sep 13, 2015 Kristofer rated it liked it
In which the Hardy's get captured (three times) and visit Miami (three times), a shark gets shot (one time), the Hardy's are dicks to Chet (the whole time) and Chet doesn't get to do anything (ever).
Angie Rhodes
Nov 08, 2015 Angie Rhodes rated it it was amazing
Great fun. memories of watching the tv show, in the early 80s, Oh how I wanted to solve mysteries, with the Hardy boys!
Jerry
Sep 20, 2016 Jerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just like the others in the series, this one dishes up plenty of old-school fun.
Chad Malone
Jan 19, 2016 Chad Malone rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites in the series excellent book of kids/young adult mystery books
Hannah Rodes
Mar 01, 2015 Hannah Rodes rated it it was amazing
I haven't read many hardy boys but this was one of my favorite one's
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 Catherine Woodman rated it liked it
The classic boy detectives by Frank Dixon--I read ALL of them in my younger years, one I ran out of Nancy Drew books. The Hardy Boys are brother amateur detectives, aspiring to follow in their famous father's footsteps.
The two boys live in the fictional city of Bayport (on Barmet Bay) with their famous father, Fenton Hardy, a private detective formerly with the New York Police Department, their mother Laura Hardy (erroneously called Mildred in The Flying Express), and their Aunt Gertrude, a char
Kayci Schmidt
Aug 22, 2016 Kayci Schmidt rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Why does everyone always pick on Chet? Poor guy.
Adam Ganong
Feb 12, 2016 Adam Ganong rated it it was amazing
First book I ever read
Jeffrey
Jul 28, 2015 Jeffrey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad though dated. I'll read more
Kasey Ross
Great book
Clark
Jul 25, 2011 Clark rated it it was ok
Shelves: hardy-boys
I read the pre-1969 edition--the original edition. Pretty weak plot to begin with--their breakthroughs on the case are mostly random accidents, including Frank buying a book at random from a used book shop that turns out to be the solution to the mystery. Also very implausible storyline, so perhaps a good thing the original got the work-over. Not the best Hardy Boys book.
Aidan K
Jun 25, 2013 Aidan K rated it it was amazing
I've been reading the Hardy Boys series. So far I like the series. The book is good, but my favorite Hardy Boys book is The House on the Cliff. I would recommend it.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I think the Hardy Boy books helped me with learning deductive and inductive skills. I had to work through logic. Who knew? I enjoyed all these books.
Ruthie Jones
Jul 25, 2010 Ruthie Jones rated it it was amazing
I read the Hardy Boys books (and Nancy Drew) when I was a child. The stories are old fashioned, but that's why I like them so much.
Ian
Jul 25, 2011 Ian rated it liked it
Just completed reading with my sons. Good mystery involving a pirate stealing treasure from several museums.
Ron
Aug 24, 2013 Ron rated it it was amazing
Excellent series for young readers - highly recommended.
I read these books when I was 10 - 15 years of age.
Sharon
Jan 09, 2010 Sharon rated it liked it
Shelves: childhood, mystery, boys
How could I fail to have a vivid memory of a Hardy Boys' pirate adventure?! And yet...
Valkyrie Oracle
My book has the same cover as shown in this listing but was published in 1997.
Jim Sampson
Sep 22, 2011 Jim Sampson rated it really liked it
Fun and enjoyable reads...thats what alll the hardy boys books are.
Marts  (Thinker)
Check out some pirate treasure here with Frank and Joe.
Goodreads Librari...: Add Variant Cover for 0006909922 (Same ISBN) 4 67 Mar 12, 2015 09:26PM
  • Shock Waves (A Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Super Mystery #3)
  • The Mystery of the Green Ghost (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #4)
Franklin W. Dixon is the pen name used by a variety of different authors (Leslie McFarlane, a Canadian author, being the first) who wrote The Hardy Boys novels for the Stratemeyer Syndicate (now owned by Simon & Schuster). This pseudonym was also used for the Ted Scott Flying Stories series.
More about Franklin W. Dixon...

Hardy Boys (1 - 10 of 190 books)
  • The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1)
  • The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2)
  • The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3)
  • The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)
  • Hunting for Hidden Gold (Hardy Boys, #5)
  • The Shore Road Mystery (Hardy Boys, #6)
  • The Secret of the Caves (Hardy Boys, #7)
  • The Mystery of Cabin Island (Hardy Boys, #8)
  • The Great Airport Mystery (Hardy Boys, #9)
  • What Happened at Midnight (Hardy Boys, #10)