Start by marking “What Happened at Midnight (Hardy Boys, #10)” as Want to Read:
What Happened at Midnight (Hardy Boys, #10)

What Happened at Midnight (Hardy Boys #10)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  2,166 ratings  ·  56 reviews
When their detective father asks them to play burglar in order to protect a client's valuable invention from thieves, the Hardy boys find themselves involved in a large and dangerous conspiracy.
Published May 1st 1931 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published 1931)

To ask other readers questions about What Happened at Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Happened at Midnight

John Yelverton
A really fun and enjoyable addition to the Hardy Boys mystery book series.
Laura Verret
So maybe the Hardy boys have trespassed a few times – even snuck into crime master’s headquarters on an occasion or two. But this is the first time they’ve ever been asked to break into a house – and by the owner himself!

But Mr. Malcolm Wright, inventor and all around genius, has submitted this extraordinary request. You see, he’s away trying to recover an antique plane and he’s afraid that while he’s gone a gang may try to break in and steal one of his most powerful inventions. It is of paramou
Edward Davies
The criminals in the Hardy Boys are seriously dumb. In this one a criminal assumes that Frank wearing a fake beard and wig is a member of his gang and tells him all sorts of secrets. What an idiot! And the Hardy’s are just as bad – their dad tells them to keep a valuable box on their person at all times, so they hide it in the boot of their car? Seriously? And if the criminals are so afraid of their boss, why do they grass him up at the drop of a hat? Still, if you can suspend your disbelief tha ...more
Julian Barab
Fenton Hardy asks his sons to break into a client's home to take an invention. This is because they had gotten a message from the client saying that burglars are going to take it. When the boys go to get it the burglars show up and they get into a nasty fight. Soon Joe gets kidnapped and Frank has to find him and solve this mystery on why the burglars want this invention. I usually like Hardy Boys books, but this was not my favorite. It may be too young for me. It has been a while since I've rea ...more
Catherine Woodman
The classic boy detectives by Frank Dixon--I read ALL of them in my younger years, one I ran out of Nancy Drew books. The Hardy Boys are brother amateur detectives, aspiring to follow in their famous father's footsteps. Frank Hardy is the elder of the two and has dark hair. Joe Hardy is the younger brother, and has blond hair and blue eyes. The stories are an unaging series, in which Frank and Joe are always 18 and 17 years of age, respectively. In the original series the brothers were a younger ...more
David King
The basic premise of "What Happened at Midnight "which was the 10th Hardy Boy is that the two Hardy Boys, Frank & Joe are initially asked to break into the house of a scientist and retrieve a secret invention and keep it safe from being stolen by a group of smugglers whist he is away. After this, we get taken through stacks of ridiculous adventures that range from Joe being kidnapped to them both parachuting out of a crashing plane.

Overall, I have to admit that I really struggled to make my
Evan_w
Brenda
Fenton Hardy asks his sons to break and enter into a clients home to secure an invention for the client after he gets a message from burglars that they will steal invention the very next night..bad thing is that while they are doing so, the burglars show up..one day early.
From there its a not stop adventure run, which includes Joe being kidnapped, that story plot was so well written, I knew they'd find Joe, but still had me worried along with Frank and his mom.
Jacq
The Hardy Boys adalah novel serial detektif yang dibuat oleh Franklin W. Dixon, terjemahannya diterbitkan Elex Media Komputindo.

Dalam setiap serinya, The Hardy Boys menyajikan kisah menegangkan penuh petualangan berbeda. Bagaimana tidak, sebab tokoh utamanya, yaitu Joe dan Frank adalah dua kakak beradik anak dari seorang detektif. Tak ayal lagi, mereka mendapat ‘imbas’ kasus-kasus menarik. Layaknya detektif handal, mereka memecahkan berbagai kasus dengan cara mereka, walau seringkali membahayaka
Jared Hemauer
Hardy Boys, What Happened at Midnight, by Franklin W. Dixon. This book is a mystery novel. This book was about Frank and Joe Hardy two young detectives who help out there father solve mysteries. In this story Frank and Joe Hardy Find a secret radio that gangs want and also smuggles. I rated this book three out of five stars because it was a good book bu tit was a little slow for me.
Wahyu Nurasman
hohoho.....yang ini seru dan menegangkan....akhirnya mereka pergi juga dari bayport >.<

meski cuman sebentar...hahahaha
David Ballesteros
What happened at Midnight by Franklin W. Dixon is the best book that I ever read. This was when the Hardy's father asks them to get an invention before burglars get it. After that, they find clues that lead them to who the burglars are. Them the Hardys find the, electronic device and diamond, burglars that lead them closer to their leader. The ringleader finds about this and sends a dangerous person after the hardy boys. Eventually, they find the ringleader, Taffy Marr, with police, they have an ...more
Nathan  Wright
Clean and gripping. Not too violent for "tweens".
Claire
This was so good that I didn't want it to end!
Evan Pinson
I read 2 hours and finished the book. I thought it was a great book because it was a real page turner. The story was exciting and action packed.
Truly
Jo diculik!
Frank dan Jo punya pacar....!
Gini nih kalo baca loncat-loncat.
Mungkin bukan hal baru cuman baru nemu di buku yang ini he he he he
Kali ini petualangannya rada beda.
Waduh ternyata mereka juga berhadapan dengan musuh yang punya jaringan luas.
Mereka tidak hanya beraksi di kota tempat tinggal mereka namun juga merambah daerah lain

Buku ini membuktikan bahwa dimana kita tinggal akan mempengaruhi sikap
Setelah sekian puluh tahun tinggal dengan detektif, maka si bibi jadi tahu dan waspada akan
Kristine Pratt
I said it before, I'll say it again - I really want more of these of the old vintage variety. Wow, what they did to 'modernize' and 'shorten' the Hardy Boys down in later years was a crime. I really loved this one, lots of suspense, a lot more danger, and a great mystery. The details of a different era just made it that much better - turning this into a historical mystery of sorts. Good heavens, do yourself a favor and track down the OLD copies of these books!
Kristofer
In which the Boys use slang, dress like they're thirty and wind up washing dishes, 'cause people may take their shit in Bayport, but not in New York.

Also, Mr. Hardy writes dirty letters to Mrs. Hardy.
Crystal
Another great family read with lots of action to keep kids (and grown-up kids) interested.
Oddly enough one of the things I really liked about this book was that money and personal bias were brought up. It was just a small side issue but I really like the way it was worked into the book, most books avoid it completely unless it's part of the main theme.
Morgan Summerfield
I read both the Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys growing up. This one stuck in my memory. I grew up with these books and they contributed to my love of the story--especially mystery. I suspect they also contributed to my desire to write. I recommend the series as a whole for young readers.
Matthew Shedd
Least favorite Hardy Boys book by far!
Walkercs
I think its just as good as the others. It was full of surprises, twist and turns around every page. It also has action and adventure to top it all of its very good. So that why you should read the Hardy Boys
Stephen Baker
I loved Hardy Boys books as a kid. They were my first books over 80 pages long that I ever read ... well ok my dad read most of the first few to me, but they were the books that got me started.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I think the Hardy Boy books helped me with learning deductive and inductive skills. I had to work through logic. Who knew? I enjoyed all these books.
Cherie
I love the Hardy Boys - this one is as cheesy as ever. There is also a mistake on the blurb - it says that Frank is kidnapped but it's actually Joe.
Ruthie Jones
I read the Hardy Boys books (and Nancy Drew) when I was a child. The stories are old fashioned, but that's why I like them so much.
Anne
This wasn't my favorite Hardy boys mystery. Everyone who read it loved this book but it wasn't as exciting as I anticipated.
Jim Sampson
The Hardy Boys once again find themselves on another case. great read and fun at the same time. Read these years ago.
Arven
This is the first book that I'd read cover to cover, and this is the book that awakens my innate desire to read books!
Maddy
This may be morbid but i loved it when Joe got kidnaped it was interesting and loved how they found him
  • The Last Resort (A Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Super Mystery, #5)
  • The Secret of Phantom Lake (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #19)
  • The Mystery of Death Trap Mine (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #24)
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Mystery at Meadowbrook (Bobbsey Twins, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Kidnapped Whale (The Three Investigators, #35)
Franklin W. Dixon is the pen name used by a variety of different authors (Leslie McFarlane, a Canadian author, being the first) who wrote The Hardy Boys novels for the Stratemeyer Syndicate (now owned by Simon & Schuster). This pseudonym was also used for the Ted Scott Flying Stories series.
More about Franklin W. Dixon...

Hardy Boys (1 - 10 of 241 books)
  • The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1)
  • The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2)
  • The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3)
  • The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)
  • Hunting for Hidden Gold (Hardy Boys, #5)
  • The Shore Road Mystery (Hardy Boys, #6)
  • The Secret of the Caves (Hardy Boys, #7)
  • The Mystery of Cabin Island (Hardy Boys, #8)
  • The Great Airport Mystery (Hardy Boys, #9)
  • While the Clock Ticked (Hardy Boys, #11)
The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1) The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2) The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3) Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66 (The Hardy Boys #1-66) The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)