What Happened at Midnight (Hardy Boys, #10)

What Happened at Midnight (The Hardy Boys #10)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  1,714 ratings  ·  44 reviews
When their detective father asks them to play burglar in order to protect a client's valuable invention from thieves, the Hardy boys find themselves involved in a large and dangerous conspiracy.
Published May 1st 1931 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published 1931)

John Yelverton
A really fun and enjoyable addition to the Hardy Boys mystery book series.
Catherine Woodman
The classic boy detectives by Frank Dixon--I read ALL of them in my younger years, one I ran out of Nancy Drew books. The Hardy Boys are brother amateur detectives, aspiring to follow in their famous father's footsteps. Frank Hardy is the elder of the two and has dark hair. Joe Hardy is the younger brother, and has blond hair and blue eyes. The stories are an unaging series, in which Frank and Joe are always 18 and 17 years of age, respectively. In the original series the brothers were a younger...more
David King
The basic premise of "What Happened at Midnight "which was the 10th Hardy Boy is that the two Hardy Boys, Frank & Joe are initially asked to break into the house of a scientist and retrieve a secret invention and keep it safe from being stolen by a group of smugglers whist he is away. After this, we get taken through stacks of ridiculous adventures that range from Joe being kidnapped to them both parachuting out of a crashing plane.

Overall, I have to admit that I really struggled to make my...more
Evan_w
Wahyu Nurasman
hohoho.....yang ini seru dan menegangkan....akhirnya mereka pergi juga dari bayport >.<

meski cuman sebentar...hahahaha
Truly
Jo diculik!
Frank dan Jo punya pacar....!
Gini nih kalo baca loncat-loncat.
Mungkin bukan hal baru cuman baru nemu di buku yang ini he he he he
Kali ini petualangannya rada beda.
Waduh ternyata mereka juga berhadapan dengan musuh yang punya jaringan luas.
Mereka tidak hanya beraksi di kota tempat tinggal mereka namun juga merambah daerah lain

Buku ini membuktikan bahwa dimana kita tinggal akan mempengaruhi sikap
Setelah sekian puluh tahun tinggal dengan detektif, maka si bibi jadi tahu dan waspada akan...more
Kristine Pratt
I said it before, I'll say it again - I really want more of these of the old vintage variety. Wow, what they did to 'modernize' and 'shorten' the Hardy Boys down in later years was a crime. I really loved this one, lots of suspense, a lot more danger, and a great mystery. The details of a different era just made it that much better - turning this into a historical mystery of sorts. Good heavens, do yourself a favor and track down the OLD copies of these books!
Crystal
Another great family read with lots of action to keep kids (and grown-up kids) interested.
Oddly enough one of the things I really liked about this book was that money and personal bias were brought up. It was just a small side issue but I really like the way it was worked into the book, most books avoid it completely unless it's part of the main theme.
Morgan Summerfield
I read both the Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys growing up. This one stuck in my memory. I grew up with these books and they contributed to my love of the story--especially mystery. I suspect they also contributed to my desire to write. I recommend the series as a whole for young readers.
Walkercs
I think its just as good as the others. It was full of surprises, twist and turns around every page. It also has action and adventure to top it all of its very good. So that why you should read the Hardy Boys
Stephen Baker
I loved Hardy Boys books as a kid. They were my first books over 80 pages long that I ever read ... well ok my dad read most of the first few to me, but they were the books that got me started.
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
I think the Hardy Boy books helped me with learning deductive and inductive skills. I had to work through logic. Who knew? I enjoyed all these books.
Cherie
I love the Hardy Boys - this one is as cheesy as ever. There is also a mistake on the blurb - it says that Frank is kidnapped but it's actually Joe.
Ruthie Jones
I read the Hardy Boys books (and Nancy Drew) when I was a child. The stories are old fashioned, but that's why I like them so much.
Anne
This wasn't my favorite Hardy boys mystery. Everyone who read it loved this book but it wasn't as exciting as I anticipated.
Jim Sampson
The Hardy Boys once again find themselves on another case. great read and fun at the same time. Read these years ago.
Arven Camince Pinuela
This is the first book that I'd read cover to cover, and this is the book that awakens my innate desire to read books!
Maddy
This may be morbid but i loved it when Joe got kidnaped it was interesting and loved how they found him
Sharon
I don't specifically remember many of the Hardy Boys books, Ijust know that I loved to read them as a kid.
Ron
Excellent series for young readers - highly recommended.
I read these books when I was 10 - 15 years of age.
Mary
It was about the hardy boys preserving a special invention.
I love how the hardys work as a team.
girl writing
Good mystery in the series, great cover and a title that doesn't start with 'secret/mystery of...'.
Hamada Cena
I really enjoy reading it and I'll make sure to read more novels of such wonderful series. :)
Jake Oliver
The story was amazing and breathtaking.. full of adventures and also its nice to read..
Caryn

Great book! Has alot of action with airplanes, cars, boats, and kidnappings!
Benjamin Plume
It's so easy to get the plots of these confused after all this time.
Marts  (Thinker)
The Hardy Boys solve a mystery while assisting their detective father
Snorkle
This book was okay - I liked Nancy Drew better though..
Valkyrie Oracle
My book with same cover and ISBN was published in 1995.
Gavin
I got a little scared when he got tooken away.
  • The Last Resort (A Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Super Mystery, #5)
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Mystery at Meadowbrook (Bobbsey Twins, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Moaning Cave (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #10)
  • The Mystery of the Kidnapped Whale (The Three Investigators, #35)
Franklin W. Dixon is the pen name used by a variety of different authors (Leslie McFarlane, a Canadian author, being the first) who wrote The Hardy Boys novels for the Stratemeyer Syndicate (now owned by Simon & Schuster). This pseudonym was also used for the Ted Scott Flying Stories series.
More about Franklin W. Dixon...
The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1) The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2) The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3) Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66 (The Hardy Boys #1-66) The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)