The Secret of Pirates' Hill (Hardy Boys, #36)

The Secret of Pirates' Hill (The Hardy Boys #36)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  758 ratings  ·  24 reviews
In a series of hair-raising adventures both on land and undersea the teen-age brother detectives pit their wits against some of the most ruthless criminals they have ever encountered.

It all starts when Frank and Joe are skin diving just for fun and the thrill of exploring the undersea world. Suddenly, deep in the waters that flow near the foot of Pirates' Hill, a mysterio

Published January 1st 1957 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published 1956)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret of Pirates' Hill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret of Pirates' Hill

Alex
One of the best books ever! Read it now!
Michael
Rating is based on target age group of 10-12 year olds.
cody roy
Read this one when I was 18 in 2008. I missed my grandfather who had passed away the same year and this was one of his books. I actually liked it. I wish
I owned the whole series.
Chatti
Not all Hardy Boy books are created equal, due probably to different authors. This one was alright. The action jumps and the author assumes you will fill in the blanks that he leaves out. On the plus side, my 9 year old loves the whole series. I think they're written for boys of that age. Apparently it's good enough to keep them interested and reading.
Amber
I started reading the Hardy Boys books because my 2 older boys have started reading them and I wanted to make sure that the books they are interested in are good books to read. It is nice to have books around that don't have cuss words, and give the reader something to think about or figure out. My boys love them.
Dan
Finished another in the series with my son. I was surprised that the author came up with a new book given the year these series started. I Googled the author and found out that Franklin Dixin is a pen-name and that the series is owned by a publisher.
Sierra Rose
One of my first books when I first started collecting the Hardy Boys. It has wonderful suspense and the appearances of some of my favorite of the brothers friends.
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
I think the Hardy Boy books helped me with learning deductive and inductive skills. I had to work through logic. Who knew? I enjoyed all these books.
Benjamin Plume
Most of these were very good. I remember little about what happened in which book. I think this one introduced me to the term "frogman."
Derek Kimball
Hey! This is the one that started it all for me. I bought it as a peace offering to peacefang. Looks good on any shelf. Even yours?
Emma Mccarthey
It was great. really interesting. action, mystery, and adventure. :)
Stone
It is my favorite mystery series . And every body should read them.
Valkyrie Oracle
My book was published in 1972 and has the 1972 cover.
Bob
Today's vocabulary word is demiculverin.
Caelesta
This review is of the original 25 chapter book.
Marts  (Thinker)
Join the Hardy Boys in an underwater adventure
Sam
It was a pretty interesting book!
Sticks
They are good at scuba diving.
Arun Manickam
Ben
Ben added it
Aug 14, 2014
Brian Barnett
Brian Barnett marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Chris Huntley
Chris Huntley marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
  • The Last Resort (A Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Super Mystery, #5)
  • The Bobbsey Twins and the Mystery at Snow Lodge (Bobbsey Twins, #5)
  • The Mystery of the Sinister Scarecrow (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #29)
  • The Secret of Phantom Lake (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #19)
Franklin W. Dixon is the pen name used by a variety of different authors (Leslie McFarlane, a Canadian author, being the first) who wrote The Hardy Boys novels for the Stratemeyer Syndicate (now owned by Simon & Schuster). This pseudonym was also used for the Ted Scott Flying Stories series.
More about Franklin W. Dixon...
The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1) The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2) The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3) Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66 (The Hardy Boys #1-66) The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)