Start by marking “The Secret of Pirates' Hill (Hardy Boys, #36)” as Want to Read:
The Secret of Pirates' Hill (Hardy Boys, #36)

The Secret of Pirates' Hill (Hardy Boys #36)

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  930 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
In a series of hair-raising adventures both on land and undersea the teen-age brother detectives pit their wits against some of the most ruthless criminals they have ever encountered.

It all starts when Frank and Joe are skin diving just for fun and the thrill of exploring the undersea world. Suddenly, deep in the waters that flow near the foot of Pirates' Hill, a mysterio

Published January 1st 1957 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published 1956)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret of Pirates' Hill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret of Pirates' Hill

Alex
Oct 24, 2013 Alex rated it it was amazing
One of the best books ever! Read it now!
Lauren Schultz
The Secret of Pirates Hill is your typical rollicking Hardy Boys adventure novel, with one notable and fantastic addition - a scene where Aunt Gertrude steps in and saves her nephews by repeatedly whacking the villain with an antique cutlass! Prim and disapproving Aunt Gertrude is usually relegated to the Hardy home, where she habitually bakes pies and plies Frank, Joe and their friends with hearty sandwiches for lunch and roasts for dinner. She is always saving a few extra slices of pie or piec ...more
Jaden
Mar 31, 2016 Jaden rated it it was amazing
this is a very good mystery. I really loved Hardy Boys.
Steven Freeman
Feb 02, 2016 Steven Freeman rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Pretty good story.
Michael
Jan 29, 2014 Michael rated it liked it
Rating is based on target age group of 10-12 year olds.
cody roy
Jan 11, 2014 cody roy rated it it was amazing
Read this one when I was 18 in 2008. I missed my grandfather who had passed away the same year and this was one of his books. I actually liked it. I wish
I owned the whole series.
Chatti
Jan 24, 2014 Chatti rated it liked it
Not all Hardy Boy books are created equal, due probably to different authors. This one was alright. The action jumps and the author assumes you will fill in the blanks that he leaves out. On the plus side, my 9 year old loves the whole series. I think they're written for boys of that age. Apparently it's good enough to keep them interested and reading.
Amber
May 26, 2012 Amber rated it liked it
I started reading the Hardy Boys books because my 2 older boys have started reading them and I wanted to make sure that the books they are interested in are good books to read. It is nice to have books around that don't have cuss words, and give the reader something to think about or figure out. My boys love them.
Dan
Feb 27, 2011 Dan rated it really liked it
Finished another in the series with my son. I was surprised that the author came up with a new book given the year these series started. I Googled the author and found out that Franklin Dixin is a pen-name and that the series is owned by a publisher.
Sierra Rose
Aug 19, 2010 Sierra Rose rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hardy-boys
One of my first books when I first started collecting the Hardy Boys. It has wonderful suspense and the appearances of some of my favorite of the brothers friends.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I think the Hardy Boy books helped me with learning deductive and inductive skills. I had to work through logic. Who knew? I enjoyed all these books.
Benjamin Plume
Jul 30, 2011 Benjamin Plume rated it liked it
Most of these were very good. I remember little about what happened in which book. I think this one introduced me to the term "frogman."
Derek Kimball
Sep 14, 2007 Derek Kimball rated it it was ok
Shelves: hardy-boyz
Hey! This is the one that started it all for me. I bought it as a peace offering to peacefang. Looks good on any shelf. Even yours?
Emma Mccarthey
Feb 25, 2011 Emma Mccarthey rated it really liked it
It was great. really interesting. action, mystery, and adventure. :)
Stone
Feb 18, 2013 Stone rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2nd-grade
It is my favorite mystery series . And every body should read them.
Valkyrie Oracle
My book was published in 1972 and has the 1972 cover.
Bob
Sep 06, 2013 Bob rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Today's vocabulary word is demiculverin.
Caelesta
Jun 25, 2011 Caelesta rated it it was amazing
This review is of the original 25 chapter book.
Marts  (Thinker)
Dec 14, 2007 Marts (Thinker) rated it really liked it
Join the Hardy Boys in an underwater adventure
Sam
Aug 06, 2012 Sam rated it it was amazing
It was a pretty interesting book!
Sticks
Oct 05, 2013 Sticks rated it it was amazing
They are good at scuba diving.
Arun Manickam
May 23, 2016
Misty
Misty rated it liked it
May 17, 2016
  • The Last Resort (A Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys: Super Mystery #5)
  • The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #2: Identity Theft
  • The Bobbsey Twins and the Mystery at Snow Lodge (Bobbsey Twins, #5)
  • The Mystery of the Blinking Eye
  • Don't Answer the Phone (Sweet Valley University, #12)
Franklin W. Dixon is the pen name used by a variety of different authors (Leslie McFarlane, a Canadian author, being the first) who wrote The Hardy Boys novels for the Stratemeyer Syndicate (now owned by Simon & Schuster). This pseudonym was also used for the Ted Scott Flying Stories series.
More about Franklin W. Dixon...

Hardy Boys (1 - 10 of 241 books)
  • The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1)
  • The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2)
  • The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3)
  • The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)
  • Hunting for Hidden Gold (Hardy Boys, #5)
  • The Shore Road Mystery (Hardy Boys, #6)
  • The Secret of the Caves (Hardy Boys, #7)
  • The Mystery of Cabin Island (Hardy Boys, #8)
  • The Great Airport Mystery (Hardy Boys, #9)
  • What Happened at Midnight (Hardy Boys, #10)