Start by marking “Love Me If You Dare (Bachelor Blogs, #2)” as Want to Read:
Love Me If You Dare (Bachelor Blogs, #2)

Love Me If You Dare (Bachelor Blogs #2)

3.86  ·  Rating Details ·  2,655 Ratings  ·  104 Reviews
The perfect catch is about to fall for the one woman he's always resisted...

When hostage negotiator Rafe Mancuso takes a bullet to save Sara Rios, his former partner, his actions make him a bona fide hero—and New York City's newest most eligible bachelor. Then Rafe admits that Sara is much more than just another woman he's rescued. Suddenly, a firestorm of gossip turns him
Mass Market Paperback, 361 pages
Published August 31st 2010 by HQN (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Love Me If You Dare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Me If You Dare

jenjn79
Aug 21, 2010 jenjn79 rated it it was ok
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
Rating: 2.5 / 5

I was hoping that I'd like this book more than I did the first one...and for a while in the beginning I thought I was going to enjoy, but then it slipped down to just average. It just didn't hit the right spots for me.

Series Note:
Second book in Phillips' "Bachelor Blogs" series. Possibly a standalone, but the setup is introduced in book 1.

Summary:
Sara Rios and Rafe Mancuso were once partners on the police force who had a lot of unspoken chemistry between them, but Rafe transferred
Barb
Mar 22, 2013 Barb rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
When hostage negotiator Rafe Mancuso takes a bullet to save Sara Rios, his former partner, his actions make him a bona fide hero--and New York City's newest most eligible bachelor. Then Rafe admits that Sara is much more than just another woman he's rescued. Suddenly, a firestorm of gossip turns him into exactly what he doesn't want to be: the Bachelor Blog's newest hot topic. His only solution is to leave town and get himself out of the spotlight...and sexy, jaded Sara out of his mind.
NYPD offi
Sara
Aug 25, 2010 Sara rated it really liked it
This is the second installment of the Bachelor Blog series. At first I thought I was going to like the first book better. However, towards the end of the book, my opinion changed. I think that Sara and Rafe had a bit more chemistry as a couple than Coop and Lexie.

Either way I'm a Carly Phillips fan thanks to both books.
Stephany
Jun 01, 2011 Stephany rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2011
I used to read a lot of Carly Phillips books and I'm not sure if my tastes have just evolved because I did not enjoy her writing with this novel (or the other one in this series). Very cheesy, awkward dialogue, and not the most exciting plot.

Also, I found the male characters in both the books in this series kind of BLAH. She kept talking about how "sexy" they were but I just didn't FEEL it. The female characters were much more well-rounded and the males made me wanting more.
Nicole
Jun 30, 2010 Nicole rated it really liked it
Publisher: HQN
Publish Date: 8/31/10
How I got this book: NetGalley

Love Me If You Dare is the second installment of the Bachelor Blogs Series by Carly Phillips, and starts right where we left off. Rafe and Sara used to be partners together and were asked to help with security at a high profile auction. When Sara gets taken hostage and Rafe saves her life, he finds himself the next feature one the Bachelor Blog. While Rafe has always wanted more from Sara, he holds no illusions that she is looking
Kathy
Sep 14, 2013 Kathy rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, humor
Jody
Jun 29, 2010 Jody rated it it was ok
Picking up right where the previous book left off is the second installment of The Bachelor Blogs series where former partners in the NYPD Rafe Mancuso and Sara Rios are thrown together again after a hostage situation's aftereffects put both of them in danger. The last time these two saw each other, Rafe had asked for a transfer because of his intense feelings for Sara while being engaged to another and Sara was struggling with feelings of loss his transfer caused. Rafe is now a hero after being ...more
Kristi
Sep 13, 2010 Kristi rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, suspense
My 2 Beans?
As you can see this one only received 2 cups, meaning it was okay. Why? Well, it was disappointing that Ms. Philips usual wit and charm was mostly missing in this story. Philips has become synonymous with romantic comedy to many readers, and when that attribute is missing it leaves the reader wanting.

There is a good amount of suspense, some action, and a touch of romance (it is Harlequin). Yet at the end it didn't match up to the original Bachelor's Blog book, Kiss Me if You Can.
Sara
Aug 30, 2010 Sara rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2010 Laura rated it liked it

2nd in the Bachelor Blogs series

POV: 3rd person: Sara, Rafe, Pirro, Nick
Sensuality: Hot
Mystery/Suspense: Average

Sara Rios is a cop from a family of cops. None of them have been able to make a marriage work, so she has decided to keep it simple and keep her relationships short and sweet. No emotional ties.
Rafe Mancuso is Sara's ex-partner. He is exactly the opposite of her and believe in love & marriage. He doesn't want short-term. He also believes in fidelity and that is why he tran
Siham
Dec 04, 2014 Siham rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
I don't know if I just wasn't in the mood or what, but so many things about this book annoyed me. The storyline wasn't that bad, and it definitely isn't the worst book I've ever read, but there were a lot of things that I didn't enjoy.
In no particular order, here's a list of things that bugged me:

1. Angel annoyed the crap out of me. (view spoiler)
2. Aunt Vi and her dramatics. Why cou
Seduced By Books
Sep 29, 2010 Seduced By Books rated it really liked it
A sequel to Kiss Me If you Can - also reviewed by us - Carly Phillips gives us the fresh love story with a mysterious plot. This book was fun, sexy, steamy, and interesting. While it's out of my normal fave genre, I like to bring in some new blood once and awhile :).

We met Sara in the first book, she's a strong female cop, from a family of cops. Her character had great development in Kiss Me if You Can, so I rolled into this one and learned how gorgeous she could be. Rafe is her former partner
Sarah Eiseman
Jan 09, 2011 Sarah Eiseman rated it liked it
This was the second book in her two-parter that started with Kiss Me If You Can. In true Phillips’ style, this book was action-packed, had some drama, then gave you some steam to keep you interested. Well-written and fun to read, this book would be a great beach read or a book when you need to have a brain veg-a-thon.

Sara Rios and Rafe Mancuso have been partners for a long time. Long enough to start to have some feelings for each other, and long enough for Rafe to split up from his fiance. These
Digne
Dec 18, 2013 Digne rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
This goes in the category of did not finish. I read about 1/3 of it.

Long story short I started with the first book in the series Kiss Me If You Can but quickly found that it was not for me. But I couldn't get to the library and I was out of audiobooks (believe me I would have quit both these books sooner if I was reading the print editions) so I decided to give this book a try. While it's certainly better than "Kiss Me If You Can" it is still unreadable.

I believe light fiction, mixed in with mo
Michelle
Jan 29, 2015 Michelle rated it liked it
Rafe and Sara are both police officers. They used to be partners, but he transferred to another department because of his feelings for her. I loved him, her, not so much. It was the typical "let's just have sex a lot but I don't want to feel any more for you, because I don't trust relationships because of my past." The biggest problem I had with this book was the fact that 1) they are both police officers (so they should know better!); 2) someone threatens her life so she goes into hiding (makes ...more
Amy
Nov 26, 2012 Amy rated it it was ok
This book comes from what I refer to as the "Fluff Pile". Most of my fav books tend to be of a serious, sometimes even horrific nature, and that fluff can be very necessary.
Carly seems like the type of writer that inspires and reminds us that anyone can do it. You don't have to be Hermann Hesse, drawing out some really deep thoughts to connect with your readers for hours.
Unfortunately, that's in general terms since I never felt any kind of connection with the author while reading any of Carly'
Kame
May 18, 2012 Kame rated it really liked it
This is the second in the Bachelor Blogs and picks up after book 1.

Sara and Rafe are at a charity auction as security detail. After an incident both are hurt and not on duty anymore. Rafe has been stabbed and decides to go to his hometown to recuperate. Sara has injured her knee again. She is waiting to testify in a trial - her captain has told her to lay low - she decides to go where she feels safe - and knows that Rafe will help keep her safe.

But since that Bachelor Blogger is determined to ke
Lynn
Nov 28, 2010 Lynn rated it liked it
3-1/2 stars. I'm sure I've said it before, but a classic Carly Phillips romance is so great. This one had a great, extremely fun side story with a fun-loving uncle. I enjoyed that the main female character, Sara, was a strong, confident, self-assured, take-no-crap, girl. She was open and honest about her feelings and her didn't play games or leave her partner guessing at what she wanted. Of course, she wasn't 100% sure what she wanted either, but she told everyone what she thought she wanted. So ...more
Kristine
Oct 15, 2010 Kristine rated it liked it
3.5 stars...

I loved this storyline ... and the characters were all very endearing. This book is a quick read.

My only issue (which seems to happen in a lot of books these days) is that the main characters never say 'i love you' to each other. They admit it, albeit reluctantly, to themselves, but never voice the words to the other person. *shrugs* It always makes me feel special when my husband says those words to me, I would think other people would enjoy hearing them as well ... even if those p
Ada
Apr 17, 2012 Ada rated it really liked it
Book two of the Bachelor Blog series. It was a good story. Had a bit of a continuation from the previous which I liked since we met Sara and Rafe in Kiss Me If You Can. Cute storyline, I really enjoyed the town of Hidden Falls, NY and I especially enjoyed the Mancuso clan.

Good read and a recommended from a fabulous author!
İlkim
Sep 21, 2011 İlkim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Birbirlerinden uzun süredir etkilenen iki eski ortak bir rehine krizinde buluşuyorlar, bu esnada ikisi de yaralanıyor, sonra bekar günlüklerinde erkeğimiz kahraman olarak tanıtılınca kadınlar erkeğin peşine düşüyor. Erkek kasabasına kaçınca bekar günlükleri kızımızı hedef alıyor ve o da kalkıp erkeğin peşinden gidiyor. Tabi orada işler güllük gülistanlık olmuyor ve işler karışıyor. Kısacası güzel bir kitap diyebilirim, eğer ki Julie Garwood'un Buchanan serisini sevdiyseniz bunu da seversiniz.
Shea
Oct 29, 2010 Shea rated it liked it
I liked this one better than the first in the series (Love Me if You Dare). This one was pretty good...the only criticism I have is of the writing. I realize it's a romance novel and I shouldn't expect too much, but just because you're writing romance doesn't give you an excuse for not writing well (I mean, look at Nora Roberts--I think she's one of the best writers in the world and she started with romance). Overall, I would recommend this one over the series' first.
Danielle Calabrese
Mar 19, 2012 Danielle Calabrese rated it really liked it
I have read a lot of Carly Phillips's books, and I have not read a bad one yet. Love Me If You Dare was really cute read with great main characters in Sara and Rafe. They are ex partners in law enforcement and have always had a strong connection. Now they are thrown back together and thier chemistry is undeniable. The minor characters in this story are funny and likable too especially Pirro. If you have not read Carly Phillips before I strongly recommend you do!
Donna
Sep 17, 2010 Donna rated it liked it
I could never really get into this book, but didn't actually know why...I liked Rafe and Sara had some redeeming qualities, but I just never fell in love with the story. I finally decided that all the drama and angst was just TOO over the top!!! Rafe and Saras' hang-ups were always at the one end of the spectrum or the other with never any middle ground. Real life is generally a lot more middle than extremes.
Stephanie
3.5 star read. Light hearted mad "caper" kind of read. Would be a great beach read.

I like Sara a little more in the first Bachelor book, but I didn't not like her so much that she ruined the story. Rafe was a bit more Alpha in the first book too, but of course how can you not love a man who (view spoiler)
Anita
Feb 28, 2011 Anita rated it liked it
Got this book in the mail today. Going to read it first and then go and read the 1st one of the series.

Loved Sara and Rafe's story. It was an action packed adventure. Two cops - both out on leave for injuries. We get the she loves him but can't trust love and he wants it all. Liked the side story of the brother and sister in law who are trying to get back to each other. All in all - it was a good book. Of course - I love any of Carly Phillips books.
Ann Marie
Feb 06, 2011 Ann Marie rated it liked it
Hostage negotiator Rafe Mancuso saves Sara Rio's (his former police officer partner) life only to end up alive but written up in the Bachelor Blogs as New York City's most eligible bachelor. He flees to his small hometown to recover. Sara also ends up in the same small town hiding out before testifying in a mob trial. Mob scares, drug deals, big family drama is all intertwined in Rafe and Sara's story. A quick, easy and fun read.
Deamer
Jul 08, 2013 Deamer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, really nice book, i must say chemistry between the couple was much more believable than in the last book. Truly the story has all elements in it, insecurities, trust, danger, mystery intrigue :) over all the story is a complete entertainer, as there wasnt much intensity in the whole story which i prefer.
Katie
Jun 17, 2013 Katie rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-13
About two cops who were ex-partners. He saves her life, she stays by his bedside for days at the hospital... but finds out that their 'ness' is plastered all over the papers, she pulls back. Of course, they eventually find true love in each other. A delightful read. Very well done on the inside of the characters' minds.
Jul 04, 2011 Laura rated it liked it
Not nearly as good as its predecessor in the series, Kiss Me If You Can, this book is still better than a lot of other contemporary fiction out there. The characters are likable, as they are in most of Ms. Phillips' books. I even enjoyed the secondary love story, which I often skim over in other books. Just the right touch of suspense intermingled with the love story.
  • Solitary Man
  • Bending the Rules (Sisterhood Diaries, #2)
  • The Night She Got Lucky (Dog Walkers, #2)
  • Crazy For Love
  • Then He Kissed Me (Three Kisses, #2)
  • Yours for the Taking (Domestic Gods, #4)
  • Someone Like You (Los Lobos, #1)
  • Knock Me for a Loop (Chicks with Sticks #3)
  • Luck Be a Lady (West Investigations, #2)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips N.Y. Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips has written over 40 sexy contemporary romance novels that today's readers identify with and enjoy. After a successful 15 year career with various New York publishing houses, Carly is making the leap to Indie author, with the goal of giving her readers more books at a faster pac ...more
More about Carly Phillips...

Bachelor Blogs (2 books)
  • Kiss Me If You Can (Bachelor Blogs, #1)