Start by marking “Heart Of The Wild: Book One Of The Amorys” as Want to Read:
Heart Of The Wild: Book One Of The Amorys

Heart Of The Wild: Book One Of The Amorys (The Amory's #1)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  381 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Chayton Amory kidnapped Kasie Moor and took her to his cabin in the mountains. Her father was to meet her there, but a blizzard interfered with that. Now she was stuck with the sexiest man alive.
Published December 21st 2009 by Createspace (first published January 12th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Heart Of The Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart Of The Wild

Chandra
AUTHOR: Rita has written approx. 34 books to include children's books, poetry and romance, along with plays and short stories. The grownup stuff is written with taste..

GENRE: Romance fiction, Western, Native American, Multicultural romance

SETTING: Modern day Cascade Mountains

CENTRAL FEMALE CHARACTER: She has parents with money but she has always tried to be independent and find her way. She doubts herself but is stubborn.

CENTRAL MALE CHARACTER: Native American and handsome. He appears to be a
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Well, I decided after a 4 hour update & automatic downloads of all the books in my ibooks shelf on my ipad all of a sudden from no where, that I would pick a random book to read and voila this was it.

I should have known from the beginning, when it said not to curse after someone said "hell" that this was a Christian Romance... I can't even remember who said it! OR my second warning when it said Chay was into his faith by saying some prayer for trees and such. OR when on page 175 out of the 1
Lady Raven RAVE!
This was a full length freebie, and I was pretty excitedb, but I don't know, I wanted to like the book because the description seemed pretty interesting, can't say the same for the book cover. Normally i have much to say but not with this it was ok, Chay was ok Kaise was ok, it didn't draw me in I was thinking to myself how many pages are left to read again, not to insult the author. If the book was tweaked some this could have been a good read.

**************
Feel free to join my book group on
Lyndi
What the hell? WHAT THE HELL?

W H A T . T H E . H E L L ?

Stupid, stupid woman. Gaaah!

Stuck in a mountain cabin during a blizzard. No electricity...

"You want me to cook on a wood stove? But you have an electric one!" Are you for fucking real?
"I want to go home! You drove me up this mountain, you can drive me down!" In a god damn blizzard!

"Well, what about flying out of here?" In a god damn blizzard! And if Chay can't DRIVE you down the mountain, what the fuck makes you think he can FLY you out? In
Donna
The book was an easy quick read. The characters were all likeable. But the dialog seemed to jump around at times.

Chayton Amory kidnapped Kasie Moore the day before her wedding at the request of her father. Chayton was to take her to his mountain cabin until her father could talk to her about the rock star she was getting ready to marry. When a blizzard struck and they were stranded at the cabin they had to face their true feelings for each other. 8 years ago Kasie overheard her father & Cha
Sarah Carp
I really enjoyed this book. It was easy to get into. You get involved with the characters and you grow with them. Chay is a logger. He is strong, stubborn, and caring kidnaps Kasie the day before her wedding by request of her father. Kasie and Chay has a history built on mix feeling and misuderstandings. A blizzard trapts them in Chay cabins which causes them to grow and clear up some misunderstandings. Kasie goes from the naiive young girl Chay remembers into a grown fire cracker of a women. Th ...more
Mara
If there was a way to have a "minus" star sign, this book probably would get it. :(

I'm sorry to say I could not find a redeeming quality in this story, not in the cardboard characters, the unbelievable plot and christian undercurrent.

Moreover, I believe that the native american portrait is slightly racist (the brother as a wise man...)

Nothing in it is fantasy, but nothing is realistic. (Would you believe that a famous rockstar is restraining from sex? A rockstar! A lawyer would have been more ac
Dora Paventi
Nice love story..but not too exciting.
LadyCalico
Cute idea, nice protagonists, great setting for romance--this could have been a better novel than it was. There was something about the dialogue and characters' responses that lacked a natural flow and often seemed awkward and stilted. It was kind of like the author started with a good outline and fleshed it out sloppily, anyway she could. Overall, it was a cute and entertaining read, but nothing special--it could have been with a re-write and more natural or wittier dialogue.
Iris
I enjoyed the premise of the story, however I have to say that at times both Kasie and Chayton were quite annoying. If you get over the need to shake Kasie and tell her to grow up and smack Chayton in the back of the head for conviniently forgetting to tell Kasie he loves her but expecting her to marry him anyway, it's actually a very good book. Would I reccomend it? Yes. Would I read it again? Probably not, but it was a good, light and sometimes funny read.
Brenda (b)
I enjoyed the characters and the basic story, but there were some parts that caused me to feel confused. I'd be reading along and I'd go: Huh? I think I missed something. When I'd look back I hadn't missed anything but it just that the felt like the scene had jumped a bit or the info being revealed was a little disconnected. It didn't really effect the plot but it would interrupt the flow of my reading and knock me out of the story.
Jane
Sometimes it is hard to follow what's going on cause it seems to randomly and abruptly jump to hours later in the story line. The girl alternately acts like a brat and a good girl scout. Not quite feeling it. I can only hope the backstory becomes more coherent as I continue to read cause I feel like something doesn't add up there either. If I didn't like the basic plot idea so much I'd stop reading.
Lisa Collins
I feel headlong in love with Chayton Amory even though he kidnapped Kasie (Moore). There were times when Kasie made me want to scream at her! LOL But the love story between the two was one that I just couldn't put down and I am looking forward to the series.

Joy
I really wanted to scream at the characters in this book. It seriously needs an pre-quel. It didn't take long to catch on to the story line but I really would have liked to read what happened before that caused the rift.
Julie Burns
It was a free read.
I enjoyed it, but it had a habit of jumping. And i had to back track a few times.
I liked the characters. And the setting it perfect to read on a rainy afternoon.
Lisa Harber
Captivating

I couldn't wait to turn the page to see what happened next. A very warm hearted romance that will leave you feeling good..
Jennifer Newman
Simply loved it! Such an quick and easy read yet hold such a lovely romance. Well written with a great story line. Amazing for something that was free.
Cara
This wasn't bad. Interesting plot twist, but very annoying how she was so naive. Who would stay with a man who hit them and thinks ok?
Deb
I enjoyed reading this book a great deal . I can't wait to read more of her books! :-)
Earth Girl
Good short read. Loved the characters and story line. Thank you Rita Hestand!
Michele
Enjoyed reading this book. I finished it in a day.
Heidi
Easy read like able characters , clean.
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
  • I Witch
  • Change of Heart
  • Bridleton
  • A Chance In Time (Native American Romance #0.5)
  • Blood in the Marsh
  • Lord Demon's Delight (Demons of Dunmore, #1)
  • Just One Taste (The V V Inn, #0.5)
  • A Lesson in Passion
  • Bootscootin' Blahniks (The Bootscootin' Books #1)
  • The Bride Price (Civil War Brides, #1)
  • Heart Of A Cowboy
  • Beyond the Quiet
  • Destiny by Design
  • Madison
  • Fortune's Deception (Fortune Series #1)
  • Wildly
  • Truth and Consequences (Hearts of the South, #1)
  • Love from the Ashes
By now most of you know that Rita Hestand is from Texas, that she's a widow, a mother, and a grandmother. You know that she was an only child, and that she traveled the US as a child extensively. What made her a writer was the fact that she was an only child growing up in an age when a kid had to use their imagination to entertain themselves. You probably know that she acted out her first books in ...more
More about Rita Hestand...
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Maebelle's Hat Raining in My Heart (McKays, #1) Hannah's Man Along Came Love