Start by marking “A Cloud of Suspicion” as Want to Read:
A Cloud of Suspicion

A Cloud of Suspicion (Without A Trace #4)

"What's he doing back in town?"
With his black leather jacket, Patrick Rivers looks every inch the bad boy the townsfolk believe him to be. Ten years ago, he left Loomis, Louisiana, under a cloud of suspicion. Back to settle his stepfather's estate, Patrick knows he isn't welcome and can't wait to leave. Until Shelby Mason gives him a reason to stay. Because Shelby knows a
Published April 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Cloud of Suspicion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cloud of Suspicion

QUEEN
Aug 15, 2016 QUEEN rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, romance
This was hard to read... I have to wonder if writing this barely took an effort. The characters weren't very developed, the romance was instant (which of course is okay as this is a love inspired book) and the killer is over the top evil. The girl was completely perfect (she was no longer chunky, but had perfect beautiful curves, long red hair, long lashes, and so on) the guy was perfectly imperfect (a bad guy look, with a hooded gaze, leather jacket, powerful muscles and abs) and yeah, they are ...more
Michelle
Feb 16, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Without a Trace
Book 4

In this book, we meet Leah's best friend who is also a librarian. Town bad boy, Patrick Rivers, returns after his step-father dies and requests he returns to settle his estate. Patrick was accused of rape ten years ago, and the accuser and witness is still part of Loomis. Meanwhile, somebody is after Shelby.

I really enjoyed watching Patrick and Shelby get together. I enjoyed the bad boy on a motorcycle turn into a big teddy bear and jump to Shelby's protection. The story sur
Sharon
Jan 22, 2015 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read book 3 in this series out of turn, not knowing that it belonged in a series; so, I was privy to "spoilers" when I began to read the first two books. Fortunately, there was plenty to hold my interest, anyway. Those books did have their own stand-alone plots as well as the elements that are woven into the series as a whole. Now, I am where I should be reading in the series and I'm happy not to know what's going to happen as the plot unfolds.

Considering my dislike of unresolved endings, I am
Judy
Nov 18, 2010 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelby Mason is Leah's best friend. Leah has been missing for over 3 months only days after her husbands murder.

Patrick Rivers who looked like the bad boy people thought he was has returned to Loomis after the death of his step dad. The will said he needed to come home to go through everything himself if he wanted the money. He did want the money to buy his own business.

Shelby was no longer the overweight girl Patrick remembered from 10 years before but a beautiful woman. Patrick just wanted to
April Suter
Patrick returns to town after his step-father passes away and he must arrange all of his estate. Leah's friend Shelby is so very worried but has some information that may help the case. Can she help Patrick survive the old accusations of rape?

202 pages
Jan
Jun 09, 2011 Jan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the fast pace story, though the ending left me going...."WHAT?!" a quick read with a good characters. I didn't realize it was part of series (this one is number 4). i have read a couple others in the series but now i am rereading in order.
IrenesBookReviews
Oct 20, 2010 IrenesBookReviews rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good suspense. I enjoyed the story and didn't put the book down till I finished it. Clean Christian, easy to read book!
Aimee
Jul 27, 2009 Aimee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Part of the "Without a Trace" story line, centering around Shelby Mason and Patrick Rivers, a man who left town under a cloud of suspicion during college.
Jtaylorjp06
May 21, 2012 Jtaylorjp06 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 4 Without A Trace
Aug 22, 2010 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok so I had no idea this was part of a series. Now I want to read the rest of the books. This is a VERY quick read, but it was interesting enough at the end that I wanted to know more.
Mj Islas
Mj Islas rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Priscarella
Priscarella rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2009
Alisha
Alisha rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2017
Talisha
Talisha rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2014
Ann Shea
Ann Shea rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2014
Susan F
Susan F rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2014
Olive Breece
Olive Breece rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2013
Eden
Eden rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2009
Evette Bean
Evette Bean rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2015
Jennifer Torres
Jennifer Torres rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2015
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2015
Lois
Lois rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2012
Ann
Ann rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2010
Marg
Marg rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2016
Louise
Louise rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2014
Pamela Leinenweaver
Pamela Leinenweaver rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I was born and raised in Northcentral Kansas. I'm a farmer's daughter, but I now make my home in the city of Wichita. I'm an RN. Neonatal nursing has been the main focus of my career. What can I say? I love babies. I was invited to the highschool graduation of a baby I took care of. Talk about making me feel old!

In June of 2011 I became a widow after my husband of 36 years and 11 months died from
More about Patricia Davids...

Without A Trace (6 books)
  • What Sarah Saw (Without A Trace #1)
  • Framed! (Without A Trace #2)
  • Cold Case Murder  (Without A Trace #3)
  • Deadly Competition (Without A Trace #5)
  • Her Last Chance (Without a Trace, #6)