Start by marking “A Cloud of Suspicion” as Want to Read:
A Cloud of Suspicion

A Cloud of Suspicion (Without A Trace #4)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  10 reviews
"What's he doing back in town?"
With his black leather jacket, Patrick Rivers looks every inch the bad boy the townsfolk believe him to be. Ten years ago, he left Loomis, Louisiana, under a cloud of suspicion. Back to settle his stepfather's estate, Patrick knows he isn't welcome and can't wait to leave. Until Shelby Mason gives him a reason to stay. Because Shelby knows a
Published April 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Cloud of Suspicion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cloud of Suspicion

Without a Trace
Book 4

In this book, we meet Leah's best friend who is also a librarian. Town bad boy, Patrick Rivers, returns after his step-father dies and requests he returns to settle his estate. Patrick was accused of rape ten years ago, and the accuser and witness is still part of Loomis. Meanwhile, somebody is after Shelby.

I really enjoyed watching Patrick and Shelby get together. I enjoyed the bad boy on a motorcycle turn into a big teddy bear and jump to Shelby's protection. The story sur
I read book 3 in this series out of turn, not knowing that it belonged in a series; so, I was privy to "spoilers" when I began to read the first two books. Fortunately, there was plenty to hold my interest, anyway. Those books did have their own stand-alone plots as well as the elements that are woven into the series as a whole. Now, I am where I should be reading in the series and I'm happy not to know what's going to happen as the plot unfolds.

Considering my dislike of unresolved endings, I am
Shelby Mason is Leah's best friend. Leah has been missing for over 3 months only days after her husbands murder.

Patrick Rivers who looked like the bad boy people thought he was has returned to Loomis after the death of his step dad. The will said he needed to come home to go through everything himself if he wanted the money. He did want the money to buy his own business.

Shelby was no longer the overweight girl Patrick remembered from 10 years before but a beautiful woman. Patrick just wanted to
April Suter
Patrick returns to town after his step-father passes away and he must arrange all of his estate. Leah's friend Shelby is so very worried but has some information that may help the case. Can she help Patrick survive the old accusations of rape?

202 pages
I really liked the fast pace story, though the ending left me going...."WHAT?!" a quick read with a good characters. I didn't realize it was part of series (this one is number 4). i have read a couple others in the series but now i am rereading in order.
Ok so I had no idea this was part of a series. Now I want to read the rest of the books. This is a VERY quick read, but it was interesting enough at the end that I wanted to know more.
Part of the "Without a Trace" story line, centering around Shelby Mason and Patrick Rivers, a man who left town under a cloud of suspicion during college.
Good suspense. I enjoyed the story and didn't put the book down till I finished it. Clean Christian, easy to read book!
Book 4 Without A Trace
Pauline Doyle
Pauline Doyle marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Wenona marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Micielle marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2015
Courage Knight
Courage Knight marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Vanessa Gibson
Vanessa Gibson marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Sh marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Megan Lynn
Megan Lynn marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Emma marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Michele Rosa
Michele Rosa marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Jessie Cumpson
Jessie Cumpson marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Wanda Campbell
Wanda Campbell marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Melanie marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I was born and raised in Northcentral Kansas. I'm a farmer's daughter, but I now make my home in the city of Wichita. I'm an RN. Neonatal nursing has been the main focus of my career. What can I say? I love babies. I was invited to the highschool graduation of a baby I took care of. Talk about making me feel old!

In June of 2011 I became a widow after my husband of 36 years and 11 months died from
More about Patricia Davids...

Without A Trace (6 books)
  • What Sarah Saw (Without A Trace #1)
  • Framed! (Without A Trace #2)
  • Cold Case Murder  (Without A Trace #3)
  • Deadly Competition (Without A Trace #5)
  • Her Last Chance (Without a Trace, #6)