Start by marking “Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm” as Want to Read:
Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm

Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm

For sophmore, junior, senior, and MBA-level MIS and Information Systems courses. These authoritative authors continue to define the MIS course by integrating coverage of essential new technologies, their applications, and their impact on managerial decisions.
Hardcover, Ninth Edition, 736 pages
Published March 1st 2005 by Prentice Hall (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Management Information Systems, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Management Information Systems

Mauricio
Sep 02, 2012 Mauricio rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Un libro de estudio muy aburrido y cajonero cuya intención es dejar claro cómo utilizar la tecnología y los sistemas de información como un medio para producir más dinero en una empresa. Repite toda la teoría clásica de los sistemas de información, aunque actualmente sea poco útil aplicarla. Tiene bastantes casos y ejemplos de la vida real, aunque casi siempre son de empresas transnacionales demasiado grandes y con mucho dinero. Esto se aleja de la realidad de los administradores de empresas que ...more
Lindsay
Mar 27, 2013 Lindsay rated it liked it
It was a fairly decent textbook for a topic I knew really not much about before taking my MIS class. The writing style was engaging. But I did find the review questions and the case study questions to be fairly elementary for a master's class. They actually reminded me a lot of sixth-grade level questions. But, the case studies were interesting and practical, and it was interesting to see definitions and examples for things we use or do every day but don't think about.
Emma Louise
Jun 13, 2011 Emma Louise rated it liked it
Adding another textbook because this one I actually read through properly and while it was for my study and some would argue it doesn't count, I truly think it does in this case because I read all of it.
It was rather easy to read, in some places probably a bit wordy and dragged on, and made reference to a couple of things I felt were irrelevant now like old Mac operating systems and MS-DOS. I think it could have mentioned obsolete things such as these and perhaps not spent so much time on them.
L
Kopec
Oct 31, 2012 Kopec rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you know nothing of information systems, this book can provide a decently solid foundation on which to build intellectual comprehension. I find that many textbooks suffer from ridiculous amount of clip art. Mostly generic images and the cliche 'one of every colour' business employees pretending to do some important board meeting. This book has cut back on such trivialities and only diagrams of actual merit.
Saanu Satti
Nov 03, 2012 Saanu Satti rated it really liked it
want to read it
Johir Hussain
May 23, 2010 Johir Hussain is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
introduction
Prasad
Sep 08, 2013 Prasad marked it as to-read
xyz
Shaima
I honestly didn't like this so much, mainly because I don't like MIS that much. The book was informative, but some information could have been said in a few paragraphs which annoyed me
Vivian Thomas
Mar 04, 2010 Vivian Thomas rated it liked it
Shelves: mba
Sorry Goodreads things aren't going to be like they used to be. Its been great, but there's someone else in my life now. No, its not you, its me. We sure had some real good times together. Maybe I'll see you around...
Joseph
Jun 26, 2008 Joseph rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is my textbook for my upcoming summer class. This is also the reason I haven't finished Myths America Lives By yet.

Not a bad intro to the topic, but, as often happens with textbooks, I can't imagine reading it without it being required for class.
Murshidul
Oct 27, 2013 Murshidul rated it liked it
Got very good basic ideas about the importance of Management Information Systems in a business environment
Nur Fadilla Octavianasari
well yeah managing systems and stuff, don't forget about supply chain management, costumer relationship management too!
Angela
Decent information, nicely current, but not very... intelligent.
Kshitij Mayekar
Kshitij Mayekar rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2015
Delilah Haas
Delilah Haas rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2011
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2012
Ita Salsalina
Ita Salsalina rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2015
Marwah Mohamed
Marwah Mohamed rated it did not like it
Apr 04, 2011
Athman Fadhili
I use it for teaching. It's a good reference for MIS students.
Amie John
Amie John rated it it was ok
Dec 28, 2013
Aaesha
Aaesha rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2011
Noor
Noor rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2016
Mabood Sabet
Mabood Sabet rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2013
Aigul Huffman
Aigul Huffman rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2013
Medina
Medina rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2015
Swati Asarawala
Swati Asarawala rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2016
Ja
Ja rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2014
  • The Strategy Process
  • Business Research Methods
  • The Entrepreneurial Mindset: Strategies for Continuously Creating Opportunity in an Age of Uncertainty
  • Business Analysis and Valuation: Using Financial Statements, Text and Cases
  • Managerial Accounting
  • Windows 7 For Dummies
  • Fundamental Methods of Mathematical Economics

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »