Special Delivery

Special Delivery

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  3,128 ratings  ·  62 reviews
At 59, Jack Watson owns one of the most successful boutiques in Beverly Hills, has two adult children who are the light of his life, and his choice of Hollywood's most beautiful women. After a failed marriage in the distant past, and a brief, tragic affair years afterward, Jack has become the perfect bachelor. And he loves it.

Amanda Robbins knew Jack Watson only as her dau...more
Published February 25th 2009 by Dell (first published 1997)

Stephanie Holcomb
UGH

Danielle Steele writes romance books for 3rd graders.

Not that they are for 3rd graders, but the language is so trite, the grammar so bad (commas everywhere, especially where they don't belong) and the characters so one dimensional and wooden it's a wonder I lasted so long into it.

People are either wonderful or not. The wonderful ones are the same, no difference in character, good looking, without flaws, and filthy rich. Surprising, Jack, the lead in the book, couldn't make it in Hollywood and...more
Lynn Rueff
Special Delivery by Danielle Steel was the first book I have read by this author. I finished it quickly and enjoyed the story line of two people unexpectedly falling in love during their midlives. Jack, a confirmed batchlor with two grown children, meets and is smitten with Amanda, a retired star who also has two grown children. They are cautious of each other at first but it doesn't take long for the attraction to become intense. When they discover they are expecting a child at ages 51 and 59 t...more
Carol Nine
I liked this one but thought that it should have a little more animosity between Jack and Amanda when they first start seeing each other. The second half of the book held many surprises for the reader and I especially loved how it ended. I was surprised at the ending. This didn't seem like a typical Danielle Steel book, in that there were less descriptions and more fast-moving action than there is in most of her books. It was also a shorter than usual book, among all her books I've previously re...more
Gatha  G Namboothiri
At 59, Jack Watson owns one of the most successful boutiques in Beverly Hills and is divorced with two children.Jack's son Paul has married Amanda's daughter Jan.When Amanda's husband Matt dies after 26 yrs of happily married life,what will Amanda do without him??And Jack,whom she hated since Jan and Paul's marriage....is there a chance of budding romance between them??And how will their children cope with this new relation?? These plots form the rest of the story.

This was a very short read and...more
Sharon
An entertaining quick read - Jack is 59, successful and a womaniser due to fear of commitment after losing the love of his life in a car crash. Amanda Robins’ daughter is married to his son, but she has an intense dislike for the playboy. When she finds herself widowed after 26 years of marriage she unexpectedly finds herself getting closer to Jack. When they finally reveal their union her daughters are devastated feeling she should stay loyal to the memory of their father. But then things get m...more
Tantri Setyorini
Aku suka banget covernya yang bergambar bayi tembem lagi bobok. Aku baca buku ini kapan ya? Kayaknya waktu SMP atau SMA. Ceritanya agak lain dari yang lain, unexpected pregnancy antara dua orang selebritis yang sudah nggak muda lagi. Jack udah lima puluhan dan Amanda sendiri sudah hampir menopause. Hubungan mereka awalnya dirahasiakan, karena yah alasan umur. Masa iya orang yang udah pantes jadi kakek-nenek masih pacaran nggak serius kayak anak muda. Lalu Tak dinyana Amanda hamil. Kehamilan Aman...more
Vi Trang
I have always liked Danielle Steel's writing but this book somehow did not do it for me. Story is interesting but the writing style is rather different from other books of hers...a bit plain and too fast.
Julie Barrett
Special Delivery by Danielle Steel
This book follows the story of a few couples. Paul is a movie producer and his wife Jan is trying desperately to get pregnant and has been through testings and it's not her fault.
Her mother has just lost her husband-her second marriage but Amanada and Jack get together and he is able to talk Paul into going to a doctor.
The older couple find out she's expecting a baby and it takes him a while to warm up to that fact. They had a hard time just telling their kids t...more
Brittany
Danielle Steel is a good writer; there is no denying that with how successful she is, but it's getting old, quick. More than not, her characters are beautiful, important and highly successful, living in houses we can only dream of and wearing clothing that costs more than most of us will make in our lifetime. She tends to focus on what the characters have instead of who they are. But there is an element of enjoyment when reading her books; you can lose yourself in it for a couple of hours, thoug...more
Yara Gad
imaging two old human beings living this awful love story made me feel sick so i imagined as they were young
after all i guess i liked it
Diana Montoya
Not the worst book I've read, but certainly not the best.
It didn't really hold my interest and I had no conection with any of the chatecters. Plus, it moves far to quickly. Amanda's husband dies she's depressed for almost a year, meets Jack, then BAM, they're falling in love. Next thing you know, she's pregneant and their kids hate them and suddenly the book ends and ta-da, happy ending. Not to mention that the whole idea of geñiving the baby to Jan implies her and Paul being the mother and fat...more
Rachel Wells
Danielle Steel is one of my favorite novelists. She is very descriptive. She uses her words like a paint brush. You can actually see what the character is doing in your mind. Of course some of the images you may not want to see. I still love her writing style. She makes you want to guess what is happening next. It is like a puzzle with clues. Each part of the puzzle comes together in the end. This novel keeps you guessing until the end. You are left wondering what the characters are going to do...more
Tricia
Make no mistake. Easy, predictable summer poolside read.
Nada
This was the first time i read a Danielle Steel book and i can safely say, I wont be reading any of her books again. I found the plot itself very strange, because now that Jack and Amanda are married and having a baby, Paul and Jan are technically siblings and also the baby is now their brother!! I just couldn't get past these facts and it just ruined the whole book. Not to mention, the story was very predictable. Although, I have to admit I liked Jack's sense of humor.
Virginia Markhart
Mom gave me this book. I read it years ago. I have sworn off Dannielle Steel, but Mom gave it to me. Waddaya do? It was a good story. Widow woman falls for her daughter's father in law, the Hollywood playboy. they play around and get pregnant. Daughter had trouble conceiving so they decided to give the baby to her. Well, daughter shows up pregnant about a month before Mom's baby is due so now she will have to keep it. Who would have thought?
Yasheve
I'm almost ashmed to say that I read a Danielle Steel book every year. I think she's written enough for me to keep reading them until I'm well into my hundreds. There's really not much to say because they are all the same. They're easy to read and the drama keeps you turning the page. A soap opera in a book. This one was about an aged actress who finds love again. Really, really over the top, but you got to love this kind of drama.
Mona
I really had fun reading this story ..
It always like this when you read Danielle's books .. It make you happy and give you Hope ..
I loved the characters Amanda and Jack they are so hilarious specially Jack he is so funny .. I can't believe he is sixty ..
I loved how they found each other , how they love and change each other .. They are so perfect together
Car
Special Delivery was good, but it was weird to read about a relationship between older people. It's funny how Danielle Steel often portrays her characters (particularly her main characters) as larger than life. I mean, they have perfect clothes, perfect lives, perfect jobs. Unbelievable!
Aya samy
'Special Delivery' frankly,it's a nice light book,but it's not such a fabulous book because the story is predictable and i knew the end of the novel's conclusion after reading many pages, but finally, i have to admit that such a good book to read in our free time
Гергана
Aug 04, 2013 Гергана rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Гергана by: Аудиокнига на руски
Ох, ами да си кажа, най-голямото предизвикателство за мен беше това, че я слушах на руски и я разбрах. От там нататък нищо изненадващо, много предвидима, много наредена, та чак банална - направо имаш чувството, че си я писал, колкото и да нямаш данни за това.
April Suter
Special Delivery is a fast, short novel that I enjoyed reading for the second time. In the novel there are great characters created in Danielle Steel's fashion. Love and family are two of my favorite topics. Read and appreciate Danielle's style.
217 pages
Shahd Bensaoud
This was the third novel I read by Danielle steel it was really good and I've really enjoyed it. It is easy and simple so it wouldn't take much effort it is not really long so you can enjoy it and expect what will happen but it was nice and full of hope :)
Jan Hubert Castillo
I always find a Danielle Steel novel easy to read. This one is no exception.

Okay. All I can say is this one is laugh out loud funny. Jack and Amanda seemed like two teenagers. Hahahaha! That's all. But I really had a lot of fun reading this.
Christy Ludwig
Ah, a good 'ol Danielle Steel, to get me back into the spirit of summer reading!! You can't beat it! A very short, fast read, typical DS book, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. And it didn't consume too much of my time.
Jennie
I liked it. Typical DS, just what I needed though. It was a very quick read. The plot was VERY predictable. I knew what was going to happen the whole time but I still enjoyed reading it play out.
Emily
Danielle Steel always seems to fit the bill when I am in the mood for a romance novel....most of the time I enjoy her books. This one was good, it had a bit of mystery and surprise to it.
Brittany Spradlin
Fast read and strangely interesting. Probably not a book I would recommend. This was my first read by Danielle Steele. I may read more later on but not anytime soon.
Wendy
Sometimes true love comes late in life and then sometimes something happens in your life that you think you don't want until it is right in front of you.
Brandy
This book was good, nothing spectacular. It was a very short, easy read. It was very predictable but it was still enjoyable and a good sunny day pool read.
Danielle Steel Bo...: Special Delivery 1 6 Nov 20, 2012 08:43PM
  • Hollywood Kids
  • Family Blessings
  • Angels Everywhere
  • Aspen Gold
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for...more
More about Danielle Steel...
Safe Harbour Sisters The Gift Kaleidoscope Fine Things