Start by marking “鸽子捡到一个热狗!” as Want to Read:
鸽子捡到一个热狗!

鸽子捡到一个热狗! (Pigeon)

4.34  ·  Rating Details  ·  17,398 Ratings  ·  614 Reviews
Simplified Chinese edition of The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog! by Mo Willems who received the Caldecott Honor for Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!. Willems is also a Sesame Street script writer and NPR cartoonist. In Simplified Chinese. Distributed by Tsai Fong Books, Inc.
Published February 1st 2009 by Nan Hai Chu Ban Gong Si (first published April 19th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about 鸽子捡到一个热狗!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 鸽子捡到一个热狗!

Maaganiit Noori
Nov 14, 2007 Maaganiit Noori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Also known as "Miimii Miikaan Gizhood Nimosh" - Our Ojibwe language table did a full translation of the title and when we met with Mo, he granted us permission to publish it in exchange for teaching him to say,"Nd'Anishinaabemtaw dibishko Kchi-Mookamaan-Akiing biizhikii: (I speak Ojibwe like an American cow.).

Email mnoori@umich.edu if you't like the full text ; ) We also have "Gego Bigidnike Mibizowaad Kchidaabaan" the companion title.
Ronyell
Pigeon

Whew! Just how many “Pigeon” books are out there? I must have read over a dozen “Pigeon” books written by Mo Willems already, but I am alright with that since I have enjoyed practically all of Mo Willems’ popular “Pigeon” book series. So, the most recent one I had read is called “The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog!” which is just as funny and witty as the previous “Pigeon” books!

The book starts off with the Pigeon finding a hot dog on the ground and wanting to eat it. Just as the Pigeon was about to ea
midnightfaerie
Jul 16, 2013 midnightfaerie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
We read several "okay" books today and then this one. From the start it had every single one of my children and myself completely enraptured with our pigeon and his hot dog dilemma. The illustrations are always so simplistic yet detailed, and I love the expressions on the characters face. Such a range of emotions are betrayed brilliantly from hostility to a bored sort of sarcasm that almost makes you feel our pigeon is rolling his eyes. A wonderful book, and a great lesson about sharing to boot, ...more
Van
Jan 27, 2016 Van rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So cute illustrations as well as the story! Definitely love it!
Anna
Oct 29, 2008 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I have to admit that we first read "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" because it's so well-loved and both my son and I didn't love it that much. BUT, I thought I would give this book a shot and boy, it's funny. It cracks me up. And my son now walks around asking "Does a hot dog taste like chicken?"
RitaSkeeter
The pigeon think all his dreams have come true when he finds a hot dog, and can't wait to start munching on it. But then that duckling turns up and badgers the pigeon for a bite. Does my favourite cranky pigeon give in?

Master 6 years and I both hoped (view spoiler)
The pigeon is at it again, will he get to enjoy his hot dog? I guess you'll just have to read the book to find out!
Amy
Jan 19, 2009 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 2nd graders
Recommended to Amy by: the kids
The kids loved it, especially my voice for the little duck.
Robin
Apr 21, 2011 Robin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
PreSchool-Grade 1-In this second book featuring the star of Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! (Hyperion, 2003), the shoe is on the other foot. Once again, the action starts on the title page, with the pigeon's joyous discovery of a hot dog. However, his initial delight is dampened when a small, wide-eyed duckling appears and asks, in a seemingly innocent manner, "Is that a `hot dog'?" The interloper's younger status is conveyed not just through his tinier size, but also through his dialogue, w ...more
Ashley
Jul 18, 2013 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog is a humorous tale about a pigeon's attempt to enjoy a hot dog. However, before he can take his first mouthwatering bite, along comes a duckling who ruins the moment by asking lots of questions.

The story is told entirely in dialogue which makes it fast pace and straight to the point. You can feel the tension between the pigeon and duckling building with each page as the language becomes more precise, the words get larger, and the illustrations become more animated. Th
Alberto
Bravo! A moral about sharing things with other people who have less than you. Sometimes something like a hotdog, a bag of cherry candies or even a sip of blue lemonade can make someone's day!
Justin
Nov 10, 2015 Justin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
That poor pigeon succumbed to the will of that crafty duck. Well at least he shared.
Brenda
Oct 04, 2015 Brenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That duckling gets me every time ha!
Ame
Natalie loves the little duck.
Alyssa Scherr
The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog is a fun children's book about a Pigeon who is about to bite into a delicious hot dog until a duck interrupts him. The duck begins to annoy the Pigeon with many questions and tells him he has never had a hot dog before. The Pigeon explains how delicious it is and tells the duck to leave him alone, but the duck is persistent and keeps on pestering him. The Pigeon finally loses it and throws a temper tantrum until he can't take it anymore and ends up splitting the hot do ...more
Michelle Carlston
At first we found the pigeon amusing and my 3y/o son loves him. But now that he has memorized this (and "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus") I've come to think that Pigeon is sending the wrong message. I see my kid displaying temper outbursts similar to Pidge. I s'pose it's a jumping-off point to discuss, but at his age it could be a waste of breath. Bottom line: cute and fun, but could pose problems to the highly suggestible.
Diana
Mar 28, 2014 Diana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This fun book starts with pigeon’s joyous discovery of a hot dog. A little duckling comes along and asks, “Is that a hot dog?” The pigeons delight with his discovery is dampened when the duckling asks numerous questions about the hot dog. The duckling tells the pigeon that he never tasted a hot dog before. The pigeon insists that it is only his hot dog by saying, “finders keepers.” In the end, the sly duckling suggests to share the hot dog. The ducking remarks, “Need ketchup” while he was eating ...more
Jacoba
Oct 13, 2013 Jacoba rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog by Mo Willems (2004)
Picture Book
Book
Plot summary: Pigeon learns about sharing when he meets a duckling who has never tasted a hot dog before.
No special considerations
Review citation (if available):Flynn, Kitty. Horn Book Magazine , May/Jun2004, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p323-323
Section source used to find the material: Golden Archer Awards, Horn Book Magazine review
Recommended age: Pre-K-2.
Linnea McGowan
I somehow decided that the duckling was from the Bronx (but still with a high pitch voice) while I was reading this to my classes and storytimes... I don't know why. On the upside, Heather was in stiches when I recreated the voice for her on the desk (at the library) tonight. HEY I just wanted each character to have a distinctive voice!

...I'm pretty smart for a duckling you know.
Isha Barrie
The pigeon is at it again but this time it is with duck. I can't get over the pigion books they are too funny, the pigeon is just soooo over the top that I can't help but laugh. My students can't get enough of him either they love all his antics and love how the duck was able to get the hot dog in the end, they ask me to read this story non-stop :)
Samantha Fate
This book, is just as hilarious as Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!. The story is just so cute because you can see the dilemma that the pigeon has when trying ti decide to eat his hot dog are to share some. I feel like this is something that children can relate to because sharing does not come easily to some people. It is hard to think that something that you have to yourself, whether it be a toy or a food of some sort, has to be shared with another person. I myself found it hard to share foo ...more
Patty
Oct 17, 2008 Patty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading Level: Primary

This is a great story about sharing. The pigeon does not want to share his hot dog, but will the duckling convince him to.

This picture book is an excellent example of using typeface to aid in creating emotion and feeling from the characters in the story.
Dolly
Jul 05, 2008 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2007
This is a funny and very cute story that follows the "Pigeon" series of books. Our girls enjoy hearing the different characters' voices and we talk about the emotions the pigeon is feeling and expressing. We just love Mo Willems' stories! We've read this on several times.
Meagan Wilson
This book "The Pigeon Finds a Hotdog" is generally about learning to share with others. I recommend it to kids of a younger age who have difficulty with this. There is no setting in this story. The pigeon would be the antagonist, because he is against sharing his hotdog with the duckling. The protagonist would be the duckling, because he came up with the idea of sharing the hotdog. In the beginning, he was curious of what a hotdog tastes like. By the end of the story he was sharing it. The confl ...more
Hana Sm.
Mar 27, 2014 Hana Sm. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked the crayon looking drawings–not many authors draw pictures using crayons. A pigeon finds a hot dog lying on the ground; he dances around excitedly. Just as he's about to eat it, a little duck stares at him with big blue eyes...(view spoiler) ...more
Diana Pettis
May 29, 2012 Diana Pettis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not really a book I would use for a guided reading lesson. I would use it as a read-aloud. Tonight I just finished reading it to my 6 year old son Xander and he loved it. YOu can make your voice sound like the characters.
Kara Duncan
The Pigeon Finds a Hotdog is a hilarious way to introduce books to young children. This book is a tale of a pigeon who does not want to share his hotdog with his peers. This book is a fun way for children to read and examine picture clues. The moral to this book is about how sharing is the way to go. At the end of this text the pigeon shares his hotdog with a little duckling. I would definitely use this book in my classroom in the future. We could use this book to teach the importance of sharing ...more
elissa
Sep 19, 2007 elissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents and preschoolers
My younger son memorized every word of this, and would "perform" it at age 4. No other book has ever inspired behavior anywhere near this from him. It's great fun to read to a group.
R
Aug 22, 2011 R rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pictures convey a surprising amount of emotion considering their simplicity. Some of the words seem pretty big for a kids book, but I guess kids are pretty smart these days.
*Miss Fame*
The pigeon's facial expressions were amazing!! I loved this book! The illustrations were so fantastic for the story. And the silliness that ensued, of course, was great!
732013177 1 1 Jun 03, 2015 02:05AM
732013177 1 1 Jun 03, 2015 02:03AM
did you get hungry or did you feel blah that he ate a hot dog off the floor 1 1 Feb 18, 2015 09:50PM
  • A Birthday for Cow!
  • Olivia and the Missing Toy
  • Scaredy Squirrel Makes a Friend (Scaredy Squirrel)
  • Duck! Rabbit!
  • Chester's Way
  • Interrupting Chicken
  • My Little Sister Ate One Hare
  • Punk Farm
#1 New York Times Bestselling author and illustrator Mo Willems is best known for his Caldecott Honor winning picture books Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus and Knuffle Bunny: a cautionary tale.

In addition to such picture books as Leonardo the Terrible Monster, Edwina the Dinosaur Who Didn’t Know She Was Extinct, and Time to Pee, Mo has created the Elephant and Piggie books, a series of early r
More about Mo Willems...

Pigeon (8 books)
  • Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!
  • Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late!
  • The Pigeon Has Feelings, Too!
  • The Pigeon Loves Things That Go!
  • The Pigeon Wants a Puppy!
  • The Duckling Gets a Cookie!?
  • The Pigeon Needs a Bath!