Start by marking “The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism” as Want to Read:

A definitive introduction to New Testament textual criticism, this book includes a comparison of the major editions of the New Testament, detailed description and analysis of the manuscripts of the Greek New Testament, and discussion on the value of the early versions. This second edition contains two new supplementary essays as well as revised plates, tables, and charts.
Published March 25th 1995 by Eerdmans (first published 1982)

Colin Smith
Mar 29, 2012 Colin Smith rated it it was amazing
This gets a 5-star review for being a little more detailed than Metzger's work, but I prefer Metzger for readability. Every student of New Testament Textual Criticism ought to have both works in their library.
Tovis
Jun 15, 2013 Tovis rated it it was amazing
Extremely dense to read. Packed with information in both Koine and English. I have a better understanding of Textual Criticism after reading this book. If I learned Koine, I would probably have a much better understanding of it. The book could easily be used as reference after reading. I plan to read Metzger and Ehrman's book as well.
Vanjr
May 16, 2014 Vanjr rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christan
Very difficult but important read due to the topic. If you read or have a decent knowledge of Greek this would be a great help. This covers the topic of textual criticism, an area that you do not learn hardly anything in most "Bible believing" churches. I highly recommend a book on this subject for any one who takes the Bible seriously.
Rachel
Nov 27, 2010 Rachel rated it really liked it
As someone who hardly even knows the Greek alphabet, this book is a little over my head, but it is really interesting. This is a great overview since I don't have time to do all the study I wish I could do. I learned about miniscules, the Nestle-Aland (I always wondered what it was compared to the Byzantine text!), papyrus, basic textual criticism... lots of really awesome stuff!
Dean
Jan 25, 2016 Dean rated it liked it
Shelves: nf-theology, quarto
Decent, if dry, introduction to the subject. Not as interesting as I thought it would be, but them's the breaks I guess.
Adam Pace
Adam Pace rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Roger
Roger rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2012
Steve Godfrey
Steve Godfrey rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2017
Stanislav
Stanislav rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2014
Isaac Soon
Isaac Soon rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2015
John Paul
John Paul rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2016
Jared Cline
Jared Cline rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2009
Stacey Douglas
Stacey Douglas rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2012
Borisz Godunov
Borisz Godunov rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2014
Ian Spencer
Ian Spencer rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Mason Barge
Mason Barge rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2015
Chris Brown
Chris Brown rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2017
Nathan Vanhorn
Nathan Vanhorn rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2012
Michael D Reichard
Michael D Reichard rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2014
Kevin
Kevin rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2011
Greg
Greg rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2012
Flora
Flora rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2012
Daniel
Daniel rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2011
Jarett Hall
Jarett Hall rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Kristoffer
Kristoffer rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2016
Clay Jones
Clay Jones rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2015
Eric
Eric rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2017
Mike Garner
Mike Garner rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2013
♥ Ibrahim ♥
♥ Ibrahim ♥ rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2008
Theodros
Theodros rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2012