Start by marking “Pure Princess, Bartered Bride” as Want to Read:
Pure Princess, Bartered Bride

Pure Princess, Bartered Bride (Bride on Approval)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  246 ratings  ·  19 reviews

As quiet and dangerous as a jungle cat, achieving the impossible is one of Luc Garnier's defining characteristics.
Princess Gabrielle is invaluable--a pearl beyond price. Yet Luc has defied the odds, and a contract for marriage is drawn up. This will be a union on paper first, and in the bedroom later....
Except Gabrielle is just the same in private as in public--well-bred
Published February 1st 2010 by Harlequin Presents (first published December 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Pure Princess, Bartered Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pure Princess, Bartered Bride

seton
Surprisingly good for a debut HP.

Of course, the author has previously published some women fiction as Megan Crane.

Our heroine is the Crown Princess of some Adriatic island kingdom. Our hero has been looking years for some purebred to marry with no scandal attached to her because he has Mommy Issues as the son to some infamous promiscuous famewhore. Finally, he finds the proverbial Caesar Wife ("above suspicion") in our heroine and makes arrangements to marry her. He doesn't bother to meet her
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
Caitlin Crews is a new writer on the Harlequin Presents scene that has gotten my attention. I picked this book up based on the blurb. I love arranged marriage/marriage of convenience as a theme in a romance novel. I think there is so much inherent tension with this storyline. A lot more is at stake when the hero and heroine are married and getting to know each other. They can't just walk away like an unmarried couple could. But can they make a marriage work, between strangers? Will their hearts ...more
Booklover
This was a intense emotional read,Luc is searching for a wife as he is now 40 years old and now its time to take on duty to provide with heir to carry on his legacy,he does not do love n all cause he has seen his parents disastrous marriage that was on love,his father love his mother deeply so he forgave all his mother's behaviour and affairs which cause so much scandal in papers and brought shame on his father's name,his parents were busy with their own issues and neglected Luc,then they were t ...more
willaful
3.5 stars. I had some trouble getting into this; after hearing praise of this author, I was expecting something a bit more original than the hero who mistrusts all women because of his skank of a mom, and I particularly dislike the type of romance heroine who loses her mind whenever the hero walks into the room or touches her or breathes. But by the end, I appreciated how the author turned the spinelessness around and made it part of an overall theme that worked.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
The arranged marriage to end all arranged marriages! I was sooooo prepared to NOT like this book, but I couldn't pass it up. I mean "Danielle" gave it 5 stars! What's a reader to do? Also, I wanted to see the new direction HP is going-they mentioned listening to reader complaints about "predictability" at an RT forum in April this year.

Well, Caitilin hit the ball out of the park in the first try. I was lusting after the hero, and wanted to "high-five" the heroine. She was strong. He was vulnerab
Dee
Elizabeth
This is an arranged marriage book--one of my favorite tropes--with an arrogant sexy jerk of a hero who is brought to his knees by the heroine by the end of the book. Perfect! Can't wait for Caitlin Crews' next HQ Presents!!!
Jenny
Another arranged marriage book--one of my favorite tropes.

The hero was arrogant, sexy and brooding but clueless. He is swoon worthy but he has a damaged past that he is trying to move on from.

The heroine was so strong and feisty I wanted to high-five her. Luc marries princess Gabrielle because he thinks she is prim and proper and will never cause him scandal, but he soon discovers innocent perfect Gabrielle will turn his life upside down.

I loved Luc and Gabrielle, they were two parts of a who
Ellie
My cousin's first foray in writing for Harlequin (aka Caitlin Crews) and my first foray in reading one! I have to say, it's been the perfect anti-stresser. Love having to explain why it's on my coffee table :-)
Charlene
Loved this book. You really either love Presents or find the melodrama revolting or simply incomprehensible, but I love them. And this is one of the best. Highly recommend for Presents fans!
Megan
Caitlin Crews's writing style is lovely and relaxing to read. I had an irritated reaction to one of her Megan Crane chick lit books, but the thing that annoyed me most about that book (a tepid, doormat heroine) is actually a staple trope in Harlequin Presents and, in this case, used effectively instead of annoyingly. Or, I suppose, with this book at least I knew what I was getting into.

It's an HP, so there weren't really any surprises, and the external conflict was annoying and the hero fell sma
Cady Lorenzana
That feeling you loved the hero in the beginning and end up feeling disgusted with him in the end. Ugghh, thats just a little misunderstanding.

But yet, I love how Gabrielle grew in the book.
HÜLYA
Kay
A wonderful debut by Caitlin Crews! Our heroine is sought after by our hero for her lineage and her pure lifestyle. She is the perfect Princess and has never allowed herself to be young and carefree. Our hero Luc is determined that this perfection is his ideal woman, one that will never cause him scandal or threaten his reputation. How wrong he could be! I loved this story! Both Luc and Gabrielle are truly suited for each other and the passion... phew! There's some delicious heat with this one : ...more
Tia
I read this when it came out and although I can't remember everything that went into it, I thought it was pretty damn good. Caitlin Crews in the past couple years has become so relevant to harlequin readers. She has great skills as an author. Her story lines and plots are always straight forward and although I don't recall being displeased with any of her books I've read, there might be one or two out there but this one definitely surpassed my expectations!
Kavitha
This was an enjoyable read for me. Couldn't put the book down. ;)
Allison
I think my rzting of this book was more about my non-preference for this type of book series. It was obviously well written and loved the vocab.
shms
The first half of the book, 2 stars, take it or leave it. I really enjoyed the 2nd half. Simply pure entertainment.

Amanda
My first foray into a harlequin novel. Written by my favorite author-cousin. :)
Yasmindahir
Yasmindahir marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Marvia Walker
Marvia Walker marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Priti
Priti added it
Dec 13, 2014
Cathy Norfin
Cathy Norfin marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
  • Prince of Scandal
  • Wedlocked: Banished Sheikh, Untouched Queen (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #1)
  • The Innocent's Surrender
  • Strangers in the Desert (The Al Dhakir Brothers #1)
  • Beauty and the Greek
  • The Bride Thief
  • The Virgin's Secret (Harlequin Presents, #2932)
  • His Virgin Acquisition
  • Tempestuous Reunion
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • The Scorsolini Marriage Bargain (Royal Brides, #5 & Scorsolini Princes, #3)
  • The Greek Billionaire's Innocent Princess (The Royal House of Karedes #5)
  • Pregnancy of Revenge
Caitlin Crews discovered her first romance novel at the age of twelve, in a bargain bin at the local five and dime. It involved swashbuckling pirates, grand adventures, a heroine with rustling skirts and a mind of her own, and a seriously mouthwatering and masterful hero. The book (the title of which remains lost in the mists of time) made a serious impression. Caitlin was immediately smitten with ...more
More about Caitlin Crews...
The Disgraced Playboy (Bad Blood, #2) A Devil In Disguise The Man Behind the Scars Scandalize Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy, #2) A Scandal in the Headlines (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #7)