Start by marking “Where Heaven Begins” as Want to Read:
Where Heaven Begins

Where Heaven Begins

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  147 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
With rough miners for shipmates, Elizabeth Breckenridge sets sail to search for her brother in Alaska, wild with the 1890s gold rush. When she falls overboard midjourney, she is rescued by a man very unlike her minister brother--Clint Brady, a cynical bounty hunter who shoots to kill.

Together, this unlikely couple struggles to survive the rugged dangers of the beautiful Al
Published January 18th 2010 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Where Heaven Begins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Heaven Begins

Jane Gruber
Aug 04, 2012 Jane Gruber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the characters and the realness of the relationships. The book is a reflection of how God sees other people and how, as Christians, we are called not to judge but to love others as He does.
April
Jun 12, 2009 April rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have been reading Christian fiction for about 15 years............I have NEVER read a Christian fiction book with four letter words! I was appalled - I will not read this author again, nor any Steeple Hill books - what are they thinking????
Michelle
May 26, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read, reviewed
Sweet, beautiful story that takes us across the country to Alaska. Clint and Elizabeth captured my heart and made me smile! Always love the adventures Rosanne Bittner takes us on!
Tonya Lucas
Sep 05, 2014 Tonya Lucas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where Heaven Begins is such a beautiful uplifting book. As only Rosanne Bittner can write, She has penned a sure historical inspirational classic. Great book.
Nicole
inspirational romance. i enjoy a story where characters have to face adversity in nature. christian aspect was a tad too naive and perhaps a little preachy.
ValHallaGirl
I've read this book about 10 times..
Leona
Oct 23, 2012 Leona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where Heaven Begins By Rosanne Bittner
The book begins August 4, 1898
Elizabeth Breckenridge has just been informed by the church deacons that she must leave Reverend Selby's residence because of an incident that was not her fault. Now, left alone in the world with her parents dead and her brother in Alaska, she has an uncertain future.
Elizabeth has decided to go to Alaska to find her brother, Peter, who is a minister of a church in Dawson.
Her journey begins at the wharf in San Francisco as she pr
Foxfire
Aug 16, 2013 Foxfire rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't normally read inspirational romance but picked up this book because of my interest in the Klondike gold rush.

A bit slow, a bit boring, a bit preachy. Ended up skimming to finish. Surprised to find swear words in an inspirational.

However, my biggest complaint is lack of historical accuracy. I would expect that an established author would do proper research. The author mentions in her foreword that she relied for her facts on one book. This book was set in 1897, at the start of the stamped
Debby
Elizabeth Breckenridge leaves her home in San Francisco and naively heads for Dawson, Yukon in the middle of the Gold Rush. On the docks, she meets bounty hunter Clint Brady who ends up saving her from multiple escapades until they finally team up to get over White Pass and to Dawson.

VERY preachy Christian fiction, but interesting story of the Gold Rush. Clean.
Melissa
The cover of this book is so incredibly beautiful-- that's why I got it. But the book itself, I really could not like. The characters felt so cliche, and one-dimensional, and the story did not interest me at all. The only reason I finished it quickly was that I wanted to get it over with and move on.
Tonya Lucas
Jan 07, 2016 Tonya Lucas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Krissie
May 18, 2014 Krissie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Gothicreader
Apr 13, 2014 Gothicreader rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely story and inspirational.

I'm amazed on others comments about being too "preachy."
Really?

Kathleen Alexander
Way too predictable....would never read another one of this author's books again!
Tara
Nov 07, 2010 Tara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book. Comparable with the likes of Julie Lessman & Karen Wittemeyer. Can't believe it hasn't gotten more attention than it has. Pick it up today!
Ralph
Nov 12, 2012 Ralph rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the way a woman of faith has such an influence for good on a man stuggling to find himself.
Topher James
excited to see this story set in alaska's gold rush republished last year!
Morag
Jun 12, 2012 Morag rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
Lovely story - most enjoyable read.
T. Jackson
Really great story.
Lynne
Apr 01, 2013 Lynne rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely not my cup of tea!
Donna Stabler
Feb 22, 2013 Donna Stabler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read!
PWRL
Sep 11, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
C.
C. rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2016
Kristin Hyde
Kristin Hyde marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Pam Dick
Pam Dick rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Sylvie
Sylvie marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
joann ahmer
joann ahmer marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Brittney
Brittney marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Bela Margarita
Bela Margarita rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Cate Taylor
Cate Taylor rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2016
  • The Confidential Life of Eugenia Cooper (Women of the West Series #1)
  • The Inn at Angel Island
  • Day By Day (Steeple Hill Home Ties, #2)
  • SAHM I Am
  • Frontier Courtship
  • Wild Rose (Wild Rose Series #1)
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
  • The Sweetgum Ladies Knit for Love (Sweetgum Knit #2)
  • Made of Honor
  • Beneath a Southern Sky (Natalie Camfield, #1)
  • Dead Air
  • Whisper on the Wind (The Great War, #2)
  • Lady of Light (Brides of Culdee Creek, #3)
  • Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands: Lessons in Non-Linear Leadership
  • The Bounty Hunter's Bride
  • In Every Heartbeat
  • The Myth of a Christian Religion: Losing Your Religion for the Beauty of a Revolution
  • Catwalk (On the Runway, #2)
For those of you who have not yet read my books, my stories are generally set in the American West of the 1800's and feature vividly-described, historically accurate settings that span the US from Missouri to California, from Canada to Mexico. Many of my books portray the poignant history of our Native Americans, and though the characters are my own, I use real historical locations and events in a ...more
More about Rosanne Bittner...