Start by marking “Where Heaven Begins” as Want to Read:
Where Heaven Begins

Where Heaven Begins

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  121 ratings  ·  19 reviews
With rough miners for shipmates, Elizabeth Breckenridge sets sail to search for her brother in Alaska, wild with the 1890s gold rush. When she falls overboard midjourney, she is rescued by a man very unlike her minister brother--Clint Brady, a cynical bounty hunter who shoots to kill.

Together, this unlikely couple struggles to survive the rugged dangers of the beautiful Al
Published January 18th 2010 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Where Heaven Begins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Heaven Begins

April
I have been reading Christian fiction for about 15 years............I have NEVER read a Christian fiction book with four letter words! I was appalled - I will not read this author again, nor any Steeple Hill books - what are they thinking????
Jane Gruber
I loved the characters and the realness of the relationships. The book is a reflection of how God sees other people and how, as Christians, we are called not to judge but to love others as He does.
Nicole
inspirational romance. i enjoy a story where characters have to face adversity in nature. christian aspect was a tad too naive and perhaps a little preachy.
ValHallaGirl
I've read this book about 10 times..
Leona
Where Heaven Begins By Rosanne Bittner
The book begins August 4, 1898
Elizabeth Breckenridge has just been informed by the church deacons that she must leave Reverend Selby's residence because of an incident that was not her fault. Now, left alone in the world with her parents dead and her brother in Alaska, she has an uncertain future.
Elizabeth has decided to go to Alaska to find her brother, Peter, who is a minister of a church in Dawson.
Her journey begins at the wharf in San Francisco as she pr
Foxfire
I don't normally read inspirational romance but picked up this book because of my interest in the Klondike gold rush.

A bit slow, a bit boring, a bit preachy. Ended up skimming to finish. Surprised to find swear words in an inspirational.

However, my biggest complaint is lack of historical accuracy. I would expect that an established author would do proper research. The author mentions in her foreword that she relied for her facts on one book. This book was set in 1897, at the start of the stamped
Melissa
The cover of this book is so incredibly beautiful-- that's why I got it. But the book itself, I really could not like. The characters felt so cliche, and one-dimensional, and the story did not interest me at all. The only reason I finished it quickly was that I wanted to get it over with and move on.
Krissie
Tonya Lucas
Where Heaven Begins is such a beautiful uplifting book. As only Rosanne Bittner can write, She has penned a sure historical inspirational classic. Great book.
Gothicreader
Lovely story and inspirational.

I'm amazed on others comments about being too "preachy."
Really?

Kathleen Alexander
Way too predictable....would never read another one of this author's books again!
Michelle
Sweet, beautiful story that takes us across the country to Alaska. Clint and Elizabeth captured my heart and made me smile! Always love the adventures Rosanne Bittner takes us on!
Tara
This is a great book. Comparable with the likes of Julie Lessman & Karen Wittemeyer. Can't believe it hasn't gotten more attention than it has. Pick it up today!
Ralph
I love the way a woman of faith has such an influence for good on a man stuggling to find himself.
Topher James
excited to see this story set in alaska's gold rush republished last year!
Morag
Lovely story - most enjoyable read.
Lynne
Definitely not my cup of tea!
PWRL
Sep 11, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Shireen Hakani
Shireen Hakani marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Lmstclair3
Lmstclair3 marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Confidential Life of Eugenia Cooper (Women of the West Series #1)
  • My Deadly Valentine
  • SAHM I Am
  • The Inn at Angel Island
  • Made of Honor
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
  • Dead Air
  • Wild Rose (Wild Rose Series #1)
  • The Sweetgum Ladies Knit for Love (Sweetgum Knit #2)
  • Whisper on the Wind (The Great War, #2)
  • In Every Heartbeat
  • Catwalk (On the Runway, #2)
  • Vrin: Ten Mortal Gods
  • Beneath a Southern Sky (Natalie Camfield, #1)
  • The Myth of a Christian Religion: Losing Your Religion for the Beauty of a Revolution
  • Lady of Light (Brides of Culdee Creek #3)
  • Hunter's Moon
  • Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands: Lessons in Non-Linear Leadership
For those of you who have not yet read my books, my stories are generally set in the American West of the 1800's and feature vividly-described, historically accurate settings that span the US from Missouri to California, from Canada to Mexico. Many of my books portray the poignant history of our Native Americans, and though the characters are my own, I use real historical locations and events in a ...more
More about Rosanne Bittner...
Sweet Prairie Passion (Savage Destiny, #1) Ride The Free Wind (Savage Destiny, #2) Song of the Wolf Embrace The Wild Land (Savage Destiny , #4) River Of Love (Savage Destiny, #3)