Start by marking “The Restorer's Son” as Want to Read:
The Restorer's Son

The Restorer's Son (The Sword of Lyric #2)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  343 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Plunged into the gray world of Lyric and Hazor, Susan and Mark search frantically for their teenage son, Jake, as all signs hint that a trusted ally has betrayed them and threatens their son.
Published September 11th 2007 by NavPress

To ask other readers questions about The Restorer's Son, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Restorer's Son

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisThe Orb of Truth by Brae WyckoffThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienThe Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Christian Fantasy
76th out of 338 books — 499 voters
The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisBy Darkness Hid by Jill WilliamsonDragonSpell by Donita K. PaulMerlin's Blade by Robert TreskillardThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Ultimate Christian Speculative Fiction List
43rd out of 188 books — 109 voters

More lists with this book...

Sarah Elisabeth
Hating his new role as Restorer, Kieran fights against the One's plan until everything he knows is stripped away. Still, he'd rather die than do the simple thing the One asks of him. This path takes him deep into the heart of an enemy kingdom where life and death is in his hands.

With the terror of their son lost in another world, Susan and Mark find themselves caught up once again in the politics and dangers they thought were behind them forever. With constant threats lurking, they search in pla
Nina Ruth Bruno
The Restorer's Son Expanded Edition is the icing on the cake! For those of us who've come to love the folks of Braide Wood (& will admit to having gotten so thoroughly engaged in the stories, that we found ourselves praying for "Kiearan" and other characters in our daily quiet times!), RSEE (Restorer's Son Expanded Edition) is everything we loved about the original, and all that we secretly hoped would be added, since we couldn't get enough of the characters and stories the first time around ...more
Robyn S.
Jan 05, 2012 Robyn S. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Robyn by: Redwallcrazy
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
Oh. My. Gosh. This book was better than the first one. I am so loving this series. Sharon Hinck does a remarkable job telling a very compelling and 'sit on the edge of your seat' story but also being able to have a great faith base in there as well. And she had some amazing wonderful plot twists that I never would have seen coming but couldn't be more perfect. Another great story that I think EVERYONE should read.
Ron
Not so well developed as her first book.
Virginia
Sharon Hinck has created one of the most vivid and enchanting worlds in all of Christian fantasy with her Restorer series. If I were able to visit a fiction fantasy world, it would by Lyric. (Though I would struggle between that and Narnia!) I *love* Lyric - the people, the culture, their dedication to the One. But Lyric isn't all music and praise. There's a very real evil at work in the land, and the battles are fought with real weapons, both physical and spiritual.

When the first edition of The
Stacy Monson
In her Sword of Lyric series, Sharon Hinck created an amazing world to be found through the portal - Lyric, Braide Wood and Hazor, and wonderful characters like Susan, Tristan, Kieran and Linette. While the original edition of The Restorer's Son was a can't-put-down experience, Hinck's expanded version takes us deeper into this world, into battles between good and evil, between hardened hearts and the One who sees all, knows all - loves all. Not even the tough and hardened, reluctant hero Kieran ...more
Rebekah
Yay, this book was awesome! I can't believe I waited this long to read the sequel. This time the third book is already on hold at the library.

This book was just as good as the first one, only with more Kieran (which might make it better than the first one.) I really, really like this series. From the great storyline, to the engrossing characters, and the intricate worldbuilding, so far it has never ceased to amaze and entertain me. This is one of the best Christian fantasy series I have ever re
Kiersten
i love this whole series. Sharon Hinck's character depth is amazing, and the way she can so well portray the struggles of totally different people is incredible. and the Biblical parallels are fun to spot. I love reading about Kieran. he's been one of my favorite characters throughout the series, and it's almost funny watching what he gets himself into and then heart-clenching watching the sacrifices, realizations, and changes he has to make to dig his way out. a powerful story. this is possibly ...more
Erin
The One appointed him to be the Restorer, yet he is outcast from his own people. How can he trust and follow the One down this improbable path? Kieran's journey and his fight against the One is a remarkable story. As far as action and plot I found this second book took its time getting off the ground, yet once it got going it was an exciting ride to the final sword fight. The spiritual insight and application went above and beyond the first book and earns this title its own 5 stars.
Magma
Jan 27, 2008 Magma rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fantasy scifi lovers and moms who want an adventure and teens and adults should love it too
great story!
I can hardly wait for the next one!!!*squees*

now to just get my library to get it.....if your guys'es libraries are being stubborn about buying this book series.....*whispers* tell them that there's no need to worry about wasting money....*grins* each book in this series has a money back guarentee!!! http://navpress.com/Assets/PDF/Produc... (page5 of 17)
or here http://navpress.com/Store/Product/978... (preview free sample)
Joanne
Part two of soccer-mom-in-alternate-reality (first book: The restorer). This one, however, is told from the point of view of one of the main characters from the last book, who is sort of a ruffian hero. And the voice just doesn't work. He doesn't at all sound like a ruffian hero, he sounds like the soccer mom who narrated the last book. The plot was otherwise somewhat engaging, but if the next book isn't better, I give up.
Ruthie
I don't know when I wasn't able to put a book down last. I just started the last one in this series, and it's been just as wonderful as the first two so far. I was glad to get a better look at Kieran in The Restorer's Son, and I loved the description of the sword fight that is pictured on the cover of the book. Sharon Hinck is an amazing writer, and I'm so glad that I found these books!! If only there were more than three...
Diane
Second of the Sword of Lyric series, it's even better than the first book, *The Restorer,* and I thought that one was first-rate! Here, we get into the world of Lyric more deeply, and the marvelous outflow of plot and the main character, someone who doesn't wish to be the Restorer, and isn't even sure he believes in The One, is a marvalous example of working on the edge, and taking us places different from where we've been.
Jami
I liked that this story focused on coming from a place of disbelief to faith. Most of us can relate, I know I can. Sometimes I wish it could be as tangible as meeting God face to face and releasing all your frustration in such a powerful way. But faith is so much more elusive than that. I will be reading the next in the series.
Suse Michelle
A wonderful end to a wonderful series. I cannot thank Sharon Hinck enough for the life changing stories she has written. My life will never be the same again!
Tessa
I learned that if we listened to the guidance of the One and commit to serve Him, you can defeat any obstacle, even if the odds are against us.
Linda
This continuing story was better than the first book. The ending was good, and I'm looking forward the the last book in the series.
Jenna
I enjoyed the first book, but this one was not as engrossing or as well-plotted, I didn't think, as the first one, which was disappointing.
Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power!
This was better than the first book! I loved it so much that I am already rereading it again! Awesome, wonderful!!!
Nancy
The Restorer books, by Sharon Hinck, are great reads for teens. My daughter loved them.
Nina Ruth Bruno
Oct 15, 2007 Nina Ruth Bruno rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all fans of spec fic (fantasy or sci fi)
This is the 2nd in the Sword of Lyric series...had a hard time putting it down.
Carol Arrizza
Book 2, in a series even better than book 1, love it.
Nishana
Aug 03, 2012 Nishana rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Recommended to Nishana by: Goodreads
I love it as much as the first book, The Restorer!
Virginia
My favorite of the Sword of Lyric series!
Heather
Another well-written book in the series.
Tammy
Excellent story!!
Jana
Excellent!
Callee Capehart Wells
Callee Capehart Wells marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Jeannette Altwegg
Jeannette Altwegg marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
  • Bringer of Storms (Binding of the Blade #2)
  • Beyond the Reflection's Edge (Echoes from the Edge, #1)
  • Venom and Song (The Berinfell Prophecies, #2)
  • Return of the Guardian-King (Legends of the Guardian-King, #4)
  • To Darkness Fled (Blood of Kings, #2)
  • The Secret of the Swamp King (The Wilderking Trilogy #2)
  • Kestrel's Midnight Song
  • The Book of Names (Legends of Karac Tor, #1)
  • Single Sashimi
  • The Lion Vrie
  • Judge (Books of the Infinite, #2)

Sharon writes "stories for the hero in all of us" - uplifting and entertaining novels about ordinary people called to extraordinary challenges.

She's won several Carol awards for both contemporary Christian fiction and fantasy, and was a Christy finalist for The Restorer - a genre-blending adventure of a soccer-mom in an alternate world.

When she isn’t wrestling with words
More about Sharon Hinck...

The Sword of Lyric (3 books)
  • The Restorer (Sword of Lyric Series #1)
  • The Restorer's Journey (The Sword of Lyric #3)
The Restorer (Sword of Lyric Series #1) The Restorer's Journey (The Sword of Lyric #3) Stepping Into Sunlight The Secret Life of Becky Miller Renovating Becky Miller