Start by marking “Renovating Becky Miller (Becky Miller #2)” as Want to Read:
Renovating Becky Miller (Becky Miller #2)

Renovating Becky Miller (Becky Miller #2)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Contains the story of a young mother daydreaming of happy movie-style endings while dealing with the challenges of real life.
Published February 1st 2007 by Bethany House Publishers (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Renovating Becky Miller, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Renovating Becky Miller

Sheryl Barnes
I really enjoyed reading about the latest adventures of Becky Miller. While this is a light enjoyable chick-lit read, the storyline speaks volumes on how we should balance our lives. This book spoke to me about our daily walk with God and was the inspiration for our book club retreat this spring; taking your personal relationship with Christ from Drab to Fab!!!
Hinck's sequel to The Secret Life of Becky Miller is Christian mommy-lit, and a quick, enjoyable, don't-have-to-think-too-hard read. But I find myself thinking a lot about what Hinck was trying to accomplish with the character of Becky Miller. Becky is someone I could easily identify with--a woman of faith, a working mom who carries on despite exhaustion, a wife who tries hard to please her husband (as well as the rest of the world), a woman who thinks she can fix everyone and everything. Recove ...more
Jun 13, 2007 Laurie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: To any mom, has or remembers, what it is like trying to juggle all the craziness with raising kids.
Shelves: myfavorites
This book is a sequel to, "The Secret Life of Becky Miller".
I enjoyed this book very much. Though my kids are grown, I so remember how crazy things could get. Becky is trying to juggle three kids, a job, husband and a sick mother inlaw. She wonders why she is tired? She thinks she has to fix everyone and every thing. In the process her marriage suffers, her kids suffers, and frankly she suffers. When she has had enough, and realize's God never meant for her to try and fix everyone and every thin
Honestly, this sequel was not any better than the book that precedes it. The portrayal of the husband/wife relationship was more realistic and the author tried to deal with more real life issues, but overall I just wanted to slap Becky and tell her to wake up and have some boundaries. Definitely not a book I would recommend or read again.
if i attended church, were a faith based person, and a busy mom, this book would have been great. but since i am neither of those things, i have no idea why i read the whole thing.
favorite part would be when the husband falls off the roof and his gimpy wife tries to bring him inside and then to the hospital. i'm such a bad person.
I listened to the audio book of this book and was somewhat put off by the movie tie-ins at the beginning of the chapters. Also, I kind of wanted to shake Becky and tell her to grow up, which she was doing by the end of the book.
Apart from the short movie tie-ins at the start of each chapter, I thought this book was great. Becky is a likeable and relatable character, and I enjoyed the Christian elements.
I liked this. It was nice to read a Christian book where everything is NOT wonderful for the main characters and that they struggle with real life!!
I enjoyed reading this one. Here's my own review of it:
A fun and worthy sequel...the depths of Sharon Hinck's character development never cease to amaze me :)
3.5 stars, second book not as moving as the first, but still lots of spiritual truths.
This was a perfect topic for me this summer! I think any busy Mom can relate perfectly!
Alison Gracely
A lot of struggles in this one.
This book is about my life.
Feb 22, 2010 Lu added it
Book 2;
Tia Dudda
Tia Dudda is currently reading it
Sep 07, 2015
Lesley added it
Aug 20, 2015
Kk marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Gen marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Shelly Davis
Shelly Davis marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Becky Miller
Becky Miller marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Sharon writes "stories for the hero in all of us" - uplifting and entertaining novels about ordinary people called to extraordinary challenges.

She's won several Carol awards for both contemporary Christian fiction and fantasy, and was a Christy finalist for The Restorer - a genre-blending adventure of a soccer-mom in an alternate world.

When she isn’t wrestling with words
More about Sharon Hinck...

Becky Miller (2 books)
  • The Secret Life of Becky Miller (Becky Miller #1)