Start by marking “Short Program Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Short Program Vol. 2

Short Program Vol. 2 (Short Program #2)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  115 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
These eight short works by a master of manga storytelling, published for the first time in English, are rich with emotion and unexpected outcomes. Decidedly human, they deal with the kinks and quirks of love, lust, missed opportunity, fate, and temptation that make life both tragic and comic.
Paperback
Published 2006 by PT Elex Media Komputindo (first published June 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Short Program Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Short Program Vol. 2

Lexie
Sep 22, 2015 Lexie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gns-owned-read
I read this straight through (unlike vol 1 where I paused between stories). More of these stories were interconnected by characters or places and there was a more bittersweet wistfulness to many of them.

"Spring Passes" is an obvious call out, about two former classmates and an act of kindness that separated them. "4 On the Richter Scale" and "Spring Call" were my two favorite tho with "Before Spring Comes" and "Aim at the Ace" both also strong contenders.

This collection was more heavily sports
Mike
Jun 09, 2014 Mike rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Short Program Volume 2 is a compilation of twelve short stories around 20-30 pages in length (except two 5 page entries - Richter Scale and Walk Off Game). There are several pairs that form two part stories.

I recently discovered and fell in love with Adachi's baseball epic Cross Game, and really enjoyed Short Program Volume 1. It was a strong collection of manga shorts with a unifying theme of love, but explored many forms of it.

Volume 2 is very different but nearly as good - same high quality
Pierre
Mar 01, 2012 Pierre rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I remember that my friend lent me this book, figuring I would be partial to it. To his credit he knew my taste better than I. I had watched and read 'slice of life' manga/anime before, and enjoyed it, but after reading these stories... it was clear to me that not only did I not just enjoy it, I found what I truly love about manga. Adachi is an absolute master at portraying humans as they are, of expressing his characters in such a way that we know what they say isn't always what they feel. He wr ...more
Christina Maya
Jul 01, 2007 Christina Maya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: comic lover
Shelves: comics
Still, he got the AWARD!!! There's a story about people who misunderstood about a girl who save him in childhood. I like the way Mitsuru capture the way that human being is usually feeling,, since the smal toomfolery till abysmal ignorance, yeah, we usually done these in normal life.
and 1 value that he always bring, is about LUCK!
okay, it's out of our topic, but, yeah, we never know what is going on next in our life,,
Douglas Cootey
A much stronger collection of tales than the first volume… My favorites were "Spring Passes", which was masterfully told, and 5X4P: Cream Soda, which broke my heart because it captured divorce with children perfectly.
dexqa
Sep 17, 2007 dexqa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shounenmanga
HUAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

asli ngaco banged mangaka yang satu ini
cerita2 awalnya usil banged
geli

HUAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHA
Kevin Connery
Eh. Didn’t suck, didn’t do anything special.
Mia
Sep 02, 2007 Mia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
cerita2nya lucu2, adachi banget deh!
Jaycee Lam
Vesper
Vesper added it
May 05, 2016
Miles Kear
Miles Kear rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2016
Mikael
Mikael marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Timothy
Timothy rated it it was ok
Feb 20, 2016
Tommy
Tommy rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Martha Pratt
Martha Pratt marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Titish A.K.
Titish A.K. rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2015
Marika
Marika rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Somethingpurple
Somethingpurple marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Chậu Tưởng Kí
Chậu Tưởng Kí rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2015
Dwi Puspa
Dwi Puspa rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2015
Ian
Ian rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2015
Roelhino D'Ace
Roelhino D'Ace marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Droydicus Malojan
Droydicus Malojan marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Erneza Dewi
Erneza Dewi marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Alfred Siruma
Alfred Siruma rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Bri74
Bri74 rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Mitsuru Adachi (あだち充 in Japanese) is a Japanese manga artist. After graduating from Gunma Prefectural Maebashi Commercial High School in 1969, Adachi worked as an assistant for Isami Ishii.[1] He made his manga debut in 1970 with Kieta Bakuon, based on a manga originally created by Satoru Ozawa. Kieta was published in Deluxe Shōnen Sunday (a manga magazine published by Shogakukan) .

Adachi is well
More about Mitsuru Adachi...

Short Program (4 books)