Start by marking “Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3)” as Want to Read:
Archangel's Consort  (Guild Hunter, #3)

Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter #3)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  19,064 ratings  ·  1,084 reviews
Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux and her lover, the lethally beautiful archangel Raphael, have returned home to New York only to face an uncompromising new evil…

A vampire has attacked a girls’ school—the assault one of sheer, vicious madness—and it is only the first act. Rampant bloodlust takes vampire after vampire, threatening to make the streets run with blood. Then Rapha
Mass Market Paperback, US Edition, 324 pages
Published January 25th 2011 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about Archangel's Consort, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Archangel's Consort

A Lot like Love by Julie JamesEleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLeanThe Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonCall Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsJust Like Heaven by Julia Quinn
2011 Romance
59th out of 385 books — 815 voters
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia DayConsequences by Aleatha RomigCaptive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsTruth by Aleatha Romig
All Time Dominant-Alpha Romance Heroes
67th out of 508 books — 1,107 voters

More lists with this book...

Ren
WARNING : HOT PICS INSIDE !!!!

Before I write the review, do yo ever guessed why Naasir never appear in this book?

The answer is...

He's so naughty, so Raphael change him as a cutie little white tiger, and take him as accessories at his shoulder..

Just kidding :P

Now,for the review

What I must said?

After my long time waiting for this book, 2 months, if you want to know, I'm almost weep when this book finally arrived at my home. And I don't wanna waste a time, that night I read it and I found, when
Mandi Schreiner
This is a spoiler-FREE review for book three, Archangel's Consort, but there are spoilers relating to the first two books in this series.

Although Elena is now an angel, she is still very young in the immortal world. With the help of her lover, archangel Raphael and his Seven, those that have vowed their loyalty to him, Elena is getting stronger and wise in the immortal ways every day. She is able to fly now, although the vertical lift off and endurance still eludes her. Now that she is stronger,
Catherine
I strongly recommend not reading this review if you have not read the previous two books, Angels’ Blood and Archangel’s Kiss. It is impossible for me to write this review without including HUGE spoilers for the first book. So, just know that the first two books were five stars for me and I recommend them!

This book takes us back to New York and all the family and friends that Elena hasn’t seen since being Made. I’ve been eager to see the reaction to Elena’s wings since the end of the first book,
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
SEVEN REASONS WHY I LOVE SINGH’S SEVEN:

1. They are seven of the hottest vamps and angels out there! Singh answered my call to heaven for a book about angels and vampires. Sexy angels + Sexy vampires = enflamed panties. Genius!

2. They like to trash talk like this:
“Sure you can handle me, pretty, pretty Bluebell?”
“Did I ever tell you about my snakeskin boots?”
“I do think I need some new feathers for my pillow.”

3. They dress like GQ models in black-on-black suits. Venom, you smexy beast!

4. Even bet
Vinaya
I discovered yesterday that I own more than eight hundred romances. Straightforward, luridly-covered paperbacks from Messrs Harlequin Mills & Boon and associated publications. So I've decided that one of these days, when I'm done with my more important chores, like cleaning the toilet and reorganizing my groceries in alphabetical order, I will collate all of these romances, borrowing maybe a paragraph in total from each of these books, to achieve a manuscript approximately one hundred and ei ...more
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
Archangel's Consort was far from perfect with it's superfluous sex scenes and slow build up to an uncertain and frankly lack lustre ending. It pains me to say all of that because Nalini Singh is one of my favourite authors with her Psy-Changeling books being my favourite paranormal romance series. My disloyalty is blasphemous but it needs to be said.

The numerous sex scenes led to boredom and skimming, not because they weren't hot, they were, there were just too damn many of them. Especially if y
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I'm re-reading this series. The latest installment is out so I want to be in the zone. But oh wow. This is awkward. I could not finish it.

I COULD NOT FUCKING FINISH IT.

And I used to love it. I used to love it a lot. People change. Indeed they do.

What made me feel this way? There's no fucking story. It's all about Raphael banging Elena, Elena banging Raphael and so on. I also have a big problem with Raphael's caveman attitude. Nope, cannot stand it.

So that's it for me. I'm dropping the series. S
valee
OMFG, and to believe I was afraid I would not like it as much as the first 2 books. I have no idea how so many rated this book lower than those because for me it was way better than book 2. I loved it, absolutely adored it. I had been waiting to read anything about this series for so long, and to finally be able to do so was amazing, better than everything I could have ever expected. So many things happened in this book, many all time changing events, and I can't wait to read how everything will ...more
Gianne Kris
Advance Excerpt from Archangel's Consort

Chapter 1

Swathed in the silken shadows of deepest night, New York was the same . . . and altered beyond compare. Once Elena had watched angels take flight from the light-filled column of the Tower as she sat in front of the distant window of her cherished apartment. Now, she was one of those angels, perched high atop a balcony that had no railing, nothing to prevent a deadly fall.

Except of course, she would no longer fall.

Her wings were stronger now. She w
Felicia
So, if you like a book about angels "doin' it" this is def the book for you.

I think the overall plot here was a little thin, and I got sick of Elena's family "problem" stuff. The romance stuff was RACY and well done, but most the time I got distracted about where their wings were going during all this...ahem...athletics.

I do enjoy this author;s writing, just thought I could use some more conflict and plot instead of teh sexing. Of course I'll read the next one, haha.
Kaleigha
Some books are easy to review. Some harder. This one falls into the latter category. I love Nalini Singh, love both of her series, and I was salivating to get my hands on this one. And I very much enjoyed it...even though it was nothing like what I expected.

I guess the best way to say it is that this one was more...intimate...than the others. There is still a big bad angelic bogeyman, or in this case the threat of one, hanging over the heads of Elena and Raphael. But this books is very much abou
Melindeeloo
Elena returns with Raphael home to Manhattan and starts trying to reconcile her old life with her new - preparing to resume her duties as Guild Hunter in addition to being mate to the dangerous immortal archangel. Her wings have not made her life any easier, not with her estranged father, and not with the other immortals including Raphael's inner circle of seven who still see her as a liability to Raphael. But when "something wicked this way comes" and a `sleeper' begins to rouse causing floods, ...more
inga
I read the first two installments of this series and I thought they were okay; not my favorite books out there, but okay. It bothered me that Elena and Raphael wanted to screw each other's brains out all the goddamn time had so much sex, and that, if they weren't going at it like rabbits, they were thiking about it. I mean, there's only so much gratuitous sex scenes that are basically all the same before it gets old.

But I bought this book anyway, because I thought there would be some fighting go
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
4 to 4 ½ Stars!
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Not every author can keep the spark alive for one central couple over the course of multiple books. But I have grown more and more interested in Elena & Raphael and their world with every successive story in the Guild Hunter series. Both characters are truly evolving as individuals, which makes the evolution of their relationship so much more believable and satisfying.

The main foil in this installment is Raphael's mother. She is waking from the sleep of Ancients. It's wreaking havoc with mot
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
I enjoyed this sequel more than the last one… as Elena and Raphael are back in New York and I learned more about Elena’s background… like my question in the first book about Elena’s mom…

Here, they are once again fighting a new kind of evil… as vampires are suddenly in blood lust… there is an inexplicable storm that darkens the sky and shaken the earth which foretells of an Ancient awakening… and Raphael shows signs of uncontrollable rage.

Once again, I love how the author creates and describe s
~♥*Marianna*♥~ (what stays is dry bones)
This series just doesn't get old for me. I read it over and over.
Some of her other books(like the Psi changeling) are good and some are not; either way and I can do without them.
But the Guild Hunters story is the best one ever.
Raphael is very unique and the storyline so far has been extremely satisfying.
So next spring will be a very happy time for me. For a few hours at least.
La-Lionne
I liked it, but the relationship between the two main characters became a bit boring. I felt like there was not progress after the second book. I would have loved to see more drama. It's a little bit strange, because it was action filled book, but when it came to romance, it lacked something. I will be reading the next book. Hope it will be more exiting.
Lady Heather
I love these characters!!!
Elana and Raphael's relationship is so intense!
Can't wait for the next book in the series, so much can happen with Lijian and Caliane's characters!.... and the hint of Elana and Raphael having a child....(in the future of coarse)... amazing!
Guild Hunter is one of my favorite series' and this book did not disappoint!
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Ah, the brilliance of Nalini Singh..To be honest, it's been a while since I've read the previous book, and knowing the style Nalini writes, when I started reading this I was a tiny bit worried if I'd be able to get into it. But thankfully I was able to get the grip of the story, and the little holes in my memory here and there were nicely filled along the way.

Nalini Singh's writing was as good as can be and then some. I just love and envy the kind of world she's able to create, the depth she's g
Jayne
(From my book blog)

Well. I finished this book. You probably already have an idea of how much I liked it. If anything, I feel like I owe you all an explanation for why I kept reading, all the way to the bitter end.

I sort of knew what I was getting into. This is the third book in Nalini Singh’s Guild Hunter series, and it’s pretty similar to the other two. I know know if I just have better taste or less patience or what this go-round, but damn, this was a SLOG.

Our heroine is Elena, a vampire hunt
Stacey
Archangel's Consort is my favorite Guild Hunter book so far. It is true, this book does have a bit of a slower pace than the first two full length novels, but I think that is why I loved it so much. Finally someone has written a slower paced story that I love. Not once was I bored. The reason being because half the story was relationship development between the two main characters, two characters I love. Two characters who are deeply in love but are still getting to know each other and are figur ...more
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
The ground shakes, the earth cracks and the sky weeps with her coming. Caliane, Raphaels mother, awakes. Ancient beyond comprehension she awakes once more to walk the world. Raphaels last memory of his mother was her walking leaving him broken and bloody on the ground close to death when he tried to stand against her increasing madness, but she has now spent a thousand years Sleeping and they can only hope that is has cured her of her insanity.

I am glad I have read this now, so close to the nex
Plamena
5 STARS!!!

“We fall, we fall together.”

Another amazing book...Another amazing story about Raphael and Elena! I absolutely LOVE this couple! And I TOTALLY LOVE this series!

I enjoyed every word and couldn’t put it down!!! The characters are PERFECT! Elena is so strong and funny. Raphael is ...well... I simply adore him! Their love is so pure, honest and beautiful...it really touched me!

Also
Gina

Ok this was fun and sexy as hell! I am so loving this series! Book 3 in this series and we get more of Ellie and Raphael (OMG Raphael). I so love this couple. I love how tough and independent Ellie is and yet, she is loving and protective of Raphael. And Raphael, uber-alpha badass archangel, sexy, deadly, loving, protective and hot hot hot!!!

In this book they are back in New York City and strange things are happening, weird bizarre weather and vamps going crazy. It appears the monster that other
MISS VAIN
Can Raphael get any hotter!?!!
Kristin - *Nocturnal Bites*
Review posted at Nocturnal Bites

What intrigued me most about Archangel's Consort, is the writing. Singh's writing style is Dark, Passionate, Sensual, Emotional, Highly Descriptive...and so much more. As a reader, I felt the emotions of the characters, even the minor ones, as though I was living in their shoes.

Now that Elena is back in New York, she reluctantly realizes how much her life has changed in such a short time. Elena is not just an angel. She is the first ever "made" angel in history as
Julie
Angels are sensual yet dangerous beings – especially those who have been around for quite some time. There is no mistaking that fact while you’re reading Archangel’s Consort by Nalini Singh, the third book in her ‘Guild Hunter’ series. This series tells the story of Elena, a Hunter who tracks down rogue vampires for their angel masters, and how she meets and falls in love with the archangel Raphael (yum!). But Elena is not only a Hunter; she is also a newly-Made angel.

In book two, Archangel’s Ki
♥ Sarah ♥

What I've always loved most about this series is the romance between Elena and Raphael. I can't get over how seriously beautiful their relationship is. It's very real in that they have problems and need to make compromises like any other relationship. But, at the same time, their love for each other is so powerful and clear, that it's hard not to dub them one of my favorite couples ever. What I loved most about this book is that it focuses mostly on their relationship and romance. While
Steph
Another great addition to this amazing series,
We see Raphael and Elena are back in New York. Poor Elena is still missing parts of her old life and especially her old apartment, which was her haven. Raphael saved all of her things and moved them to his house where he wants her to make her home now. He wants to live with her and sleep in bed with her every night. It's really sweet, even though he says it in his own possessive kinda way.

"You are mine, Elena. If you choose to sleep in another bed
Nalini Singh Fans: Archangel's Consort (# 3) 187 309 Dec 07, 2014 06:54AM
Gabriel's Inferno...: Archangel's Consort 1 9 Nov 28, 2012 04:16PM
H/h like Raphael and Elena?!? 34 249 Sep 07, 2012 07:41PM
Novel Books &...: Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter #3) by Nalini Singh - Start Date July 27th 46 83 Aug 02, 2012 07:49PM
  • Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5)
  • Angels of Darkness (Alphas, #0.5; Guild Hunter, #3.5; The Guardians, #7.5; Samaria)
  • Burning Up (Children of the Sea, #3.5; Psy-Changeling, #0.6; Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • Demon Night (The Guardians, #3)
  • Jabril (Vampires in America, #2)
  • An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Murphy Sisters, #1)
  • Must Love Hellhounds (Sookie Stackhouse, #9.2; Guild Hunter, #0.5; Kate Daniels, #3.5; The Guardians, #5.5)
  • Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3; Demonica, #8)
  • Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5)
  • This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5)
  • Queen of Shadows (Shadow World, #1)
  • In the Blood (The Maker's Song, #2)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more
More about Nalini Singh...
Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2) Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3) Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2)

“You are mine, Elena. If you choose to sleep in another bed, I will simply pick you up and bring you home.” 202 likes
“What would you like to call me?"

That made her pause. "Husband" was too human, "partner" factually wrong for a being as powerful as an archangel, "mate"...perhaps. But none of it was quite right. "Mine," she said at last.

He blinked and when he raised his lashes again, the blue was liquid fire. Yes, that will do. "But for public consumption, you are my consort."

"Consort," she murmured, tasting the word, feeling it's shape. "Yes, that fits.”
143 likes