Start by marking “Tempt Me If You Can (Sinclair Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tempt Me If You Can (Sinclair Brothers, #2)

Tempt Me If You Can (Sinclair Brothers #2)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  822 ratings  ·  61 reviews

When an anonymous letter stuns shipping magnate and confirmed bachelor Ben Sinclair with the news that he has a teenage son, he's determined to make good on the past. But Emma Sands doesn't trust him. The beautiful, fiery blonde has raised her nephew in the peaceful woods of Maine since he was five,
Published February 23rd 2010 by Pocket Books (first published February 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Tempt Me If You Can, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempt Me If You Can

Mar 16, 2010 SheLove2Read rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Janet Chapman
Shelves: 2010
For me Janet Chapman is an auto buy author. Not because she's all that but because I know I will come away with a good, solid, satisfying read.

Tempt Me If You Can is just that kind of read. Its the second in the Sinclair Brothers series and is the story of Ben and Emma. Years ago Ben came to a small logging town in Maine to aid environmentalists who were attempting to keep loggers from clear cutting old growth forests. While he was there he had a short lived romance with Kelly. Fast forward 15 y
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
A solid 3.5 stars for me. This is the second of the Sinclair books and the second I've read. I thought the role Ben played running his company was certainly underplayed but liked the interaction between Ben and Emma. And of course Mike was uber-cool. Since I like hiking and camping, many of the settings appealed to me as well.

You don't need to read the first book but they are loosely related.
Michelle (Michelle&Leslie's Book Picks)
Tempt Me If You Can is the second book in the Sinclair Brothers series by Janet Chapman. I didn't read the first book and there is not need because but this book is a standalone. This book tells the story of wealthy businessman Ben Sinclair who received a letter from an anonymous source saying that he fathered a son fifteen years ago. So, after doing some investigating and finding out the letter speaks the truth, he left New York for Maine. There, meets his son Michael and Emma Sands who was sis ...more
Book 2 in the Sinclair brother series I found is much better than the first. When Ben Sinclair, CEO of Tidewater Shipping receives an unsigned letter stating that he had a 15 year old son living in Medicine Gore and it was high time he met him.

After investigators proved it was true, Ben arranged to go "in disguise" to check out his son (who he didn't know he had) and his Aunt Emma who had basically raised him as his mother Kelly disappeared 10 years ago. Emma runs Medicine Creek Camps, a huntin
Caitlin Peterson
This is a new author for me, and I'm so happy I randomly picked this book off the shelf at the library! I ran the gamut of emotions in this book, and I honestly think that's a sign of true talent in an author. I cried in parts, laughed in some, and bit my nails in suspense at others. The characters were so strong and well written, and I absolutely fell in love with the little family they became.

The mystery wasn't too hard to figure out, even for me, and it was definitely secondary to the romanc
FYI this book is easily read without reading the first in the series. This book I really really liked. It was good, much better than the first because this had some suspense. There's supposed to be a bit of a mystery that involves some coordinates, but that's no mystery that a 5-year-old couldn't figure out from the get-go. But there's still suspense anyway, and I really like the characters. I wonder if #3 brother Jesse will get a book??
When Ben Sinclair finds out he has a 15-year-old son, he immediately heads to Maine to find him. Mike, who has been raised by his Aunt Emma, is happy to finally meet his father. Emma doesn't trust Ben, believing he abandoned her sister when he found out she was pregnant. Ben tries to build a relationship with his son, but soon learns that his son will not leave Maine without Emma. Now Ben must convince Emma that he can be a good father, and the man she needs in her life.

I thought the first half
Wendy Hines
Shipping Magnate Benjamin Sinclair sits on a letter for three weeks before he breaks the news to his two brothers. He has a fifteen year old son, and he never knew about it. Determined to know him, he books a two week bird hunt at Emma Sands sporting camps.

Emma has raised Michael since she was nineteen and her sister disappeared. She doesn't realize who "Tom Jenkins" is at first, and just knows he is going to be nothing but trouble with a capital T. But Michael is the spitting image of his fathe
Tempt Me If You Can is the second book in Janet Chapman’s series about the Sinclair family. I don’t know how many books she plans to have as she only has one brother left but with her highlander series she ended up moving on to the children of the highlanders so the series could go for a while. I vaguely recall reading The Man Must Marry, which was book one, but didn’t really recall any of the details until pretty far into this novel when the plot of the last one was mentioned. Not having read t ...more
May Mostly Romance
Tempt me if you can ของเจเนต แชปแมน

หนังสือเลมนีเปนเลมทีสองในชุดพีนองตระกูลซินแคลร เรืองราวของพีนองสามคน ทายาทตระกูลบริษัทเดินเรือผูรำรวย แตแสนจะติดดิน

เลมนีเปนเรืองราวของนองชายคนกลาง เบน ซินแคลรทีตองไดรับความตกใจทีสุดในชีวิตเมือเขาไดรับจดหมายจากคนไมทราบชือ แจงขาวการเปนพอคนของเขา มันไมใชสิงทีเพิงเกิดขึน เพราะไมเคิล แซนดเดกชายทีถูกอางวาเปนลูกชายของเขามีอายุถึงสิบหาปีแลว และตอนนีอยูในความปกครองของเอมมา ผูเปนนา หลังจากเคลลี มารดาของเขาหนีจากไปเมือสิบปีกอน

เบนซึงไมไดจากกันดวยดีกับชาวเมืองเมดิซีน กอร เ
Tonya Warner
Benjamin Sinclair has just found out he has a fifteen year-old son that someone had neglected to tell him about. Kelly had disappeared, leaving her younger sister, Emma Jean Sands, to raise his son, Michael, on her own. He knew that he would not be welcome in the area with the locals believing he had killed Kelly and Emma's father, but he was going to meet his son and make them pay for keeping him a secret.

When Ben shows up at the camp Emma runs to support Michael, he has already had a run-in wi
Janet Chapman's Tempt Me If You Can is a fun contemporary romance!

Ben Sinclair, the romantic lead, is likable from the start. Upon discovering that he has an illegitimate son, his first reaction is to investigate and then to acknowledge the son. He travels to Maine, treading carefully, and slowly reveals his identity - he takes care not to disrupt his son's life. Gorgeous, considerate, filthy rich, and a respected force in the business world, it's easy to fall in love with Ben Sinclair! Meanwhil
Ben Sinclair receives a letter that turns his world upside down. The letter is postmarked from Medicine Gore. It is unsigned. The contents of the letter inform Ben that he is the father of a fifteen year old boy named, Michael. Ben hires an investigator and discovers that the letter is true. He is a father. Ben fell in love with a girl named Kelly, who is Michael’s mother. Kelly disappeared ten years ago, leaving Michael to be raised by his Aunt Emma.

Ben returns to Medicine Gore but not under g
Diah Didi
I liked this!
After taking a break for couple months not reading romance, I chose this book randomly. It's been on my shelves for months (or is it a year), untouched, after I bought it.
I'm glad I took this one. It's a quick, easy read but with a little mystery. Judging from the cover, I expected a little hot or steamy stuff, but nop. Not that I disappointed, instead I was surprised, and enjoy it that it didn't focus on the sex thing. The sex scene was 1 time only, and brief. So we can focus on th
Sara Strand
I can't remember if I've reviewed it but I think I haven't because it's not on my "finished" list. But this is a cheesy romance novel so you know- if you hate those, skip this review. The only thing I will say- little to no sex. I can't even remember if there was sex. And frankly? If you are going to write a romance- I expect some sex in there. THAT is the point, right? At least for me it is.

But this is the store of Ben and Emma. Emma is raising her long lost sister's son as her own, and Ben is
This was a fun read. Not complicated but a great romance novel. It's full of great characters, suspense, bad guys and a good bit of mystery. Not to mention float planes, a one antlered moose and a gorgeous locale.

Our hero Ben Sinclair finds out 15 years after the fact that he is a father. He left a small town in Maine without his love and without knowing about the suspicions about him after an explosion that killed a man. He receives a mysterious note telling him about his son. He learns that th
Ben discovers that he has a son whom he has never laid eyes on. He is a good man and wants to repay his once lover, Emma, for all that she has done for their child. Emma is hard headed and doesn't want Ben interrupting their life. When some secrets start to reveal themselves, Ben knows that it is his duty to protect his son and the mother of his child. Emma isn't too thrilled with the idea at first, but she soon learns that there are some things she can't do all on her own.

I wouldn't say that th
I love janet chapman. I have no read all of her books. which makes me really sad that there are none left until she publishes again. :(

Good story. Man finds son he never knew he had. Girl faces abandoment issues and realty of child hood crushes. Son tries to force Dad and Aunt together. Throw in some fun animals. A deranged moose named Pitiful with half an antler and a loyal guard dog. Delightful.

They myster of Michaels mom's disapearance and the destruction of the Dam 16 years ago was predictab
Denise Van plew
Just love her books. this one is the second in the series featuring Ben and while he was given the company to run he learns something that effects his life that happened 15 years ago. You also are introduced to Emma who becomes very important who has been raising his son he didn't know of. You are taken on the adventure he faces with her and his son he comes to know. Love how she molded that son of his Michael. There is also mystery in the story line and they try and solve it together. Very movi ...more
Another hit for Janet

Loved this book. Lots of suspense and lots of humor as well as romance. Can't wait for the third book of this series.
Lonestar Mama

I was disappointed. I always love Janet Chapman's books, and I rated the first Sinclair book 4.5 stars. This one is lucky to get 3.5, though. The whole thing just felt disjointed to me. In the beginning Ben was adamant that he hated Emma. Then he changes his mind quick enough & decides he wants to marry Emma, yet he won't fall in love. Then when she finally admits to loving him, he's like, "Don't you know I love you?"
The storyline was good and the suspense was really good - the mystery was b
Diane Sallans
this was my favorite of the series - it's a bit more like those in the Spellbound Falls series
Um... what is this?
I got a little over 1/4 through this book before I had to stop reading.

Who are these people? What the hell is going on? Who acts like that? And who allows someone to act like that?
(view spoiler)

This is the first Janet Chapman I've ever read, and this book does not give me hope for the rest of her catalogue.

Not impressed, and really disappointed
Another perfect Janet Chapman romance.
Gabrielle Paff
Awesome read, could not put it down
Great story with strong characters.
Ben Sinclair, CEO of Tidewater International, has just found out that he has a 15 year old son he didn't know existed. His need to make the woman who kept his son away from him is foremost on his mind until he meets the independent Emma Sands. She has done an excellent job raising her nephew, Mike, Ben's son. The mystery that surrounds the disappearance of Mike's mother and the death of Emma's father keeps the novel moving.
It was okay. I liked the characters...the plot...well it was believable up to the point that he had an affair with the older sister and came back to fall in love with the younger. I'm not sure I believe that happens outside a trailer park. Anyway, it was entertaining on a cold rainy night, so it served it's purposed. I'm still a fan of Ms. Chapman and will continue to read just about anything she writes.
  • The Last Warrior
  • Daniel's Desire
  • A Highlander's Destiny (Daughters of the Glen, #5)
  • The Lady Gambles (Copeland Sisters, #1)
  • Theron Destiny (Brides of Theron, #1)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Unexpected Wife (In the Greek Tycoon's Bed) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #6)
  • Pearl Jinx (Cajun, #6)
  • Our Little Secret
  • Betrayal (Bella Terra Deception #3)
  • Highlander in Love (Lockhart Family, #3)
  • Instant Temptation (Wilder, #3)
  • Breathless for the Bachelor (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Stolen Baby, #4)
  • Last Chance (Last Chance Rescue, #6)
  • Sweet Magik (Klaus Brothers, #2)
  • Wanted: One Sexy Night (Starlight Trilogy, #3)
  • MacGowan's Ghost

Janet Chapman is the author of twenty-two contemporary and magical romance novels, all of which are set in her beautiful state of Maine. She lives in a cozy log home on a beautiful lake with her husband, surrounded by an eclectic assortment of wildlife that she finds both entertaining and inspiring. Probably bes
More about Janet Chapman...

Sinclair Brothers (3 books)
  • The Man Must Marry (Sinclair Brothers, #1)
  • It's a Wonderful Wife (Sinclair Brothers, #3)
Charming the Highlander (Highlander, #1) Wedding the Highlander (Highlander, #3) Tempting the Highlander (Highlander, #4) Loving the Highlander (Highlander, #2) Only With a Highlander (Highlander, #5)