Start by marking “Forever Friends” as Want to Read:
Forever Friends

Forever Friends (Hope Springs #3)

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  140 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Come Back to Hope Springs, Where Friendships Last a Lifetime

The women of Hope Springs Community Church have weathered some pretty fierce storms. Now their friendships are tested again when one of their own is leaving. Join Louise, Jessie, Charlotte, Beatrice, and Margaret for a farewell that Hope Springs will never forget.
Published May 26th 2009 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Forever Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever Friends

Lynne
Mar 16, 2016 Lynne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
The 2nd and 3rd volumes (this is the 3rd) could have benefited from the characters being re-introduced...reading them only a week apart, I easily forgot who was who...

This 3rd (and last?) of the series was very preachy.....

There were some decent endings for each character, but they seemed forced...
Georgia Herod
We join the same characters as those in Friendship Cake. The friendships of women is the dominant theme. A new reality enters their circle: one of their group is moving. How will this change affect them individually and collectively? An easy read.
Barbara Melosh
Promising set-up, drama of everyday life in small-town congregation led by woman pastor. But writing rarely gets off the ground…characters are static, dialogue stilted, and most of the action takes place off stage (reported rather than dramatized).
Elaine
Aug 08, 2010 Elaine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These Hope Springs books deal with much real life stuff. Difficult issues.

Charlotte is dealing with the way folks in the church are reacting toward a young man - the grandson of a couple in her church. She sees him as the prodigal son returning home. She sees many of the churchgoers as the other son in the prodigal son story. The one who is bitter and believes the prodigal doesn't deserve grace. (Who does?)

Wallace and Lana have their own stuff they're dealing with. Lana has been so unhappy.

Fin
Robin
Jul 19, 2016 Robin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A heartwarming story of friendship, God's love, & forgiveness.
Donna
Oct 06, 2011 Donna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book about a small town in North Carolina and the group of women friends that have to deal with some difficult issues in their lives. This is not the first in the series, so I have some catching up to do. It was a very quick read, I read it in one day. I enjoyed seeing the way the characters interacted with each other in support of their different life situations. I plan to read the others in the series.
Susan
Mar 17, 2009 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Life continues in Hope Springs. The ladies have to face that one of their own will leave Hope Springs. Is this how the author decides to close the series. Can the group maintain their close friendship without her? Change is a fact of life and nothing stays the same no matter how much you want it to. A good read.
Judy
Apr 25, 2010 Judy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far, this is my favorite book in the Hope Springs series. With each book, my attachment to the characters has deepened and my concern for the issues that face their lives has grown. This book, as is the series, is a great testament to the value of friendships.
Nancy
Mar 10, 2012 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third in the Hope Springs series, I am enjoying this series because the problems dealt with seem realistic and I enjoy working through them with the characters. I especially appreciate the spiritual side of the discussions.
Dawn
May 12, 2011 Dawn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who read the other Hope Springs books.
Recommended to Dawn by: I read the first two Hope Springs books.
This is the third book in the Hope Springs series. I did not enjoy this book as much as the first two. I did not enjoy the characters as much. The first book, Friendship Cake, was the best of this series.
Tama
Jan 11, 2011 Tama marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed "The Things I Know Best" by Lynne Hinton, so I thought I would try another by her.

Well shoot - can't start this one yet, it's part of a series, have to read them in order!
LInda L
Not in the same league as her previous one, FRIENDSHIP CAKE. It was OK, but almost too sickeningly sweet. Hope the rest are not like this one.
Mary
May 01, 2009 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Mary by: my daughter
I really enjoyed this book. I have read the other books connected to this one and I had no trouble remembering the characters and their stories.
Cathy
Jul 30, 2016 Cathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's good to read about real life struggles in a church family - and to have a chance to consider reactions and possible solutions.
Danny L.
Mar 09, 2013 Danny L. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought it was a nice book. The author kept my attention with all that was going on. I kept wanting to come back to it.
Dot
Feb 01, 2010 Dot rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely little morsel of a book. Full of wisdom and love..
Colleen
Ack! So sweet and sappy it would kill you! Gag me!
Diane Mason
Nov 30, 2012 Diane Mason rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful!
Anida
Anida marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Kellie Clodfelter
Kellie Clodfelter marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Linda Hartnett
Linda Hartnett marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Deirdre S.
Deirdre S. marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Rachael Teal
Rachael Teal marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Mary
Mary added it
Jul 31, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
skw
skw marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
  • A Sundog Moment
  • Portraits of the Past (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #5)
  • Dearest Dorothy, Merry Everything! (Dearest Dorothy, #5)
  • Lumby on the Air (Lumby, #5)
  • All in the Timing (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #12)
  • Miss Julia Delivers the Goods (Miss Julia, #10)
  • Paging the Dead (A Family History Mystery, #01)
  • The Ladies of Garrison Gardens
  • Relatively Dead (Relatively Dead #1)
  • Times and Seasons (Seasons, #3)
  • Keys to the Castle
  • A Rather Charming Invitation (Penny Nichols, #3)
  • Heartbreak Cafe
  • Dollar Daze: The Bottom Dollar Girls in Love (Bottom Dollar Girls #3)
  • For Everything a Season: Simple Musings on Living Well (Porch Talk series, #4)
Lynne Hinton is the pastor of St. Paul's United Church of Christ in Rio Rancho, New Mexico. The author of numerous novels including Friendship Cake, Hope Springs, Forever Friends, Christmas Cake, and Wedding Cake, she lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
More about Lynne Hinton...

Hope Springs (5 books)
  • Friendship Cake (Hope Springs #1)
  • Hope Springs (Hope Springs #2)
  • Christmas Cake