Start by marking “First Strike” as Want to Read:
First Strike

First Strike (Rich and Jade #4)

After saving the President?s life in the Middle East, the Chance family is invited to a banquet at the White House. Teen twins Rich and Jade are ready to relax, but even in the safest house in the United States, they can?t avoid danger: a radical American group takes the West Wing hostage to steal the U.S.?s nuclear launch codes and attack China. It?s a race through the ha
Published June 10th 2010 by Putnam Juvenile (first published May 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about First Strike, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Strike

James21
Mar 23, 2015 James21 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found the book First Strike by Jack Higgins with Justin Richards at my school library and decided to give it a try. I read one chapter and I knew that I would like this book. The first chapter grabbed my attention when a woman tried to murder a man.
This fiction book is written in the first person. The book takes place in a couple of locations but most of the action occurs at the White House. Rebels are trying to obtain nuclear missiles in order to attack China. When the rebels can`t secure
Rebecca
I have really enjoyed this set of books about the Chance twins and their SAS father and this one was no exception. It was fast paced as all Jack Higgins tend to be and a quick and easy read.

Being an adult what I especially liked is though the teenagers are a key part of the story the action is actually done by the adults so this tends to make the stories more believable.

My mum also read these books as she is a fan like me of Jack Higgins adult books and she also enjoyed it showing that these boo
An Odd1
Jan 05, 2014 An Odd1 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Starts on wrong foot when Harry Patterson is author credited by small print inside. Improbabilities follow and compound. Mindless fast action tumbles over glitches, renders them less noticeable. For example, to mime hunger should be easy "had no idea" p 53. Recognition fades instantly "he thought no more about it" p 119.

British Intelligence agent John Chance and his twin teens Jade and Rich sneak around against Chinese-backed villains. In England, Colonel Shu shoots potential informant Ralph. U
Andries M
Feb 18, 2016 Andries M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Andries Mechling
2/17/16

I read First Strike by Jack Higgins. The book was awesome. It was an action packed mystery filled with spies. The action moved from China to Washington D.C. The story follows the life of Rich and Jade who are twins and their dad whose name is Chase who is an American spy. The Chinese rebels are trying steal something (which makes it a mystery) from the United States. The action includes fighting, guns, and special forces, and Chinese Rebels.

What I liked about the book is t
Joe
Oct 14, 2014 Joe rated it it was amazing
First strike is a book by Jack Higgins. He puts a lot of action and things that make you want to keep on reading into his writing. The whole book is about a spy based story. The story starts when a friend ,Ralph tells the twins and their father that their is a chance of a nuclear threat Among theThis nuclear threat has millions of lives at risk! They must figure out who is creating the threat and stop them before they put everyone to death. Many people would love to read this book because of the ...more
7trent
May 31, 2013 7trent rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was really good and would recommend this book to people who like action and adventure book. This book is about the Chance twins whos father works for a secret agent company. While their father is in China looking for American nuclear missiles they lost their, the twins get to stay in the whit house for a nice relaxing time. But that changes soon when someone targets the President and wants to kill him. The twins have to help the President and keep him safe while they try not ...more
Michael Hendron
Sep 30, 2015 Michael Hendron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is a really good book! I like how the author takes time and explains the characters and their backgrounds. My favorite character is Jade. Jade was one of the most important characters. Jade is in every chapter. My favorite part in the book is when Jade and Chang snuck into the white house to steal the football. But then the secret serves caught them and kicked them out. But chang made a brake for airplanes. Chang was being chased by the Russian Airforse and then the chines but ...more
St Stephen's C C
.Barely have Rich and Jade Chance walked away from their terrifying ordeal in the Middle East, when they stumble into another nightmare. And this time, it's at the heart of the free world...As their father deals with missing nuclear missiles in China, the twins are finally enjoying their all-expenses paid trip to the White House. But the enjoyment isn't going to last long. Soon, the President they saved from assassination in Sharp Shot is targeted again. Now Rich and Jade face a shocking siege a ...more
Adam K
Jan 18, 2013 Adam K rated it really liked it
i liked this book because of the set up and how it was printed. i say that because the font of the writing is bigger than most books and the book is all double spaced and makes it an easy read. in the beginning of the book it is a little confusing but later in the book it all makes scene and why Jack Higgins wrote it that way. I think that this book is a good read for someone who wants to read a book in a short amount of time but have the book still be action packed.First Strike
6andrew
Sep 21, 2012 6andrew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First Strike is by another great author, Jack Higgins. He puts a lot of action and suspense into his writing. This is a fantasy/spy story. The story starts when an old acquaintance, Ralph warns the twins and their father, Chance of a nuclear threat. This nuclear threat has millions of lives at stake. They must figure out who is creating the threat and stop them before they get ahold of The Football. This is a great story for anyone who enjoys a good political spy story packed with action.
Jeremiah
Nov 04, 2011 Jeremiah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done-2
Lynda
Twins Rich and Jade Chase, with their father, realize the world is on the brink of a Cold War. Can they save the US president, stop international crime bosses and survive the nightmare of being held hostage? A very good action-packed read for teens.
"Jack Higgins, master of the modern thriller, teams up with Justin Richards, bestselling author of Dr Who, to deliver a fantastic new instalment in the 'Rich and Jade' series - Sure Fire; Death Run; and Sharp shot."
Jacob Sawyer
Apr 16, 2015 Jacob Sawyer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book I didn't know at the time I started in the middle of the series but I got on board very quick. This book started great from the beginning with action packed gun fights and chases. I've read a few series with kids like this and this book was one of my favorites.
Travis
May 30, 2016 Travis rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was an okay read although I'm not very substantive or deep. it still provides an enjoyable storyline.
Daniel M
Aug 28, 2013 Daniel M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I started reading this book I stayed up the whole night the 4th time I read it because it everything was so clear and it was filled with actions which makes you not want to not put it down.
Pamela Morgan
British twins Rich and Jade are thrown into danger, helping their father save the President of the United States.
Alex Schuette
Apr 08, 2013 Alex Schuette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think that It was suspenseful and always made you think what was going to happen next. It would make a great movie
Dana
Jul 05, 2014 Dana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this in my library's YA section and cannot figure out why. While it had a decent plot, it was too predictable and written more on a fourth grade level than anything for YA.
William Fox
William Fox rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2014
Michael
Michael rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2013
Ryan
It was a very good book
Nicholas Anderson
Nicholas Anderson rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2015
Samantha
Samantha rated it really liked it
May 11, 2015
Walker Nom
Walker Nom rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2012
Tim Lund
Tim Lund rated it it was ok
Mar 14, 2012
Abdullah
Abdullah rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2011
Cristóbal Barrera
Cristóbal Barrera rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2013
Silvanus
Silvanus rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Cole Staniger
Cole Staniger rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
James Bovell
James Bovell rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Dogfight (Special Operations, #1)
  • Twister (Code Red, #5)
  • Avenger (Boy Soldier, #3)
  • The Lab (Agent Six of Hearts, #1)
  • Eruption (Storm Runners, #3)
  • Blood Sun (Danger Zone, #3)
  • Secret Vengeance (Young Repairman Jack, #3)
  • Scorched Earth (Henderson's Boys, #7)
19706
There is more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.

Jack Higgins is the pseudonym of Harry Patterson (b. 1929), the New York Times bestselling author of more than seventy thrillers, including The Eagle Has Landed and The Wolf at the Door. His books have sold more than 250 million copies worldwide.

Born in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, Patterson grew up in Belfast, Northern Irelan
More about Jack Higgins...

Rich and Jade (4 books)
  • Sure Fire (Rich and Jade, #1)
  • Death Run (Rich and Jade, #2)
  • Sharp Shot (Rich and Jade, #3)