Start by marking “GIT-R-DONE” as Want to Read:
GIT-R-DONE

GIT-R-DONE

Git-R-Done is chock-full of fart jokes and straight talk about America. I sat down one day and said to myself, “Larry, you’ve done it all. You’ve got three gold records, a successful DVD, a hit TV show, a picture of Shania Twain givin’ ya the finger, and most important, the high score on Frogger. What more could you possibly do?” Then I started thinking about writing a boo ...more
Published October 11th 2005 by Crown Archetype (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about GIT-R-DONE, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about GIT-R-DONE

Ashley
Sep 01, 2007 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
So I'm a southern girl born and bred and I absolutely LOVE Larry the Cable Guy. So when I heard he had a book out I just HAD to get it no matter how ridiculous it was!!

I knew from the get go it was probably going to be a waste of good brain cells but my curiousity got the best of me.

I have to say (as always) he didn't let me down in the humor department. Of course, it's not exactly the cleanest and most proper but still funny, nonetheless.

If you've got an open-mind and love stupid humor, pick i
Lena
Oct 13, 2008 Lena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
One that I bought so Logan would read it and I read it. Just OK!
Bart Breen
May 24, 2012 Bart Breen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like Larry the Cable Guy, You'll like the book

Larry the Cable Guy is a pretty known quantity. He's a redneck stereotype, who specializes in fart and poop jokes and comes off looking like a rube. That is his shtick and he does it well.

Surprise! If you like Larry the Cable Guy, and millions do, you'll like the book. It mixes some of his comedy shtick with some new material and meanders around known territory.

If you don't like Larry the Cable Guy and you read this book, then ..... surprise .
AndrewP
Believe it or not I have been using this book for bathroom reading.. I'm sure Larry would appreciate that.

There is some biographical info in here, but mostly it's just a collection of Larry's humor. As it's broken down into half page paragraphs it's the ideal sort of book to read when you only have a minute or two.

The bio info was interesting. For example, Larry is the only one of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour who isn't from the south and doesn't have a natural southern accent. But, he is the only
Becky
Sep 14, 2011 Becky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its getting a 4 star rating because I have loved Larry the Cable Guy since I first saw him on the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. For a moment I wondered who let my brother get up on the stage. However his book had alot of funny stuff in it, including the quote, "I never met the guy and I'm sure he's probably a sweetheart. But for some reason I wanna whack the **** out of him with a shovel." But it was also about 2/3 of material I've heard him use in his stand-up routine and in the Blue Collar TV show. ...more
Henry Bowkers
Nomrally I like this guy a lot but im not sure what is going here. He complanes about the folks in other countries but dont have any solutions. All he does is complane about a bunch of stupid s*** like that without adding anything else. I mostly like when he makes fun of the wives and stuff. He sometimes reminds me of al bundy except he is hick. Not a real hick but a hollywood hick. Some of the stuff in here was funny but most it is just dumb.
Frank Taranto
Sep 06, 2011 Frank Taranto rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, memoir
I enjoy Larry's standup and really enjoyed his work on The Blue Collar Comedy Tour movies. Saying that, I didn't enjoy his ramblings in this book nearly as much. Too much bad ranting about politics and not enough humoer.
Nov 06, 2012 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was really interesting to learn how Larry the Cable Guy came to be. Once those chapters were done, the book wasn't really that great. I mean, I didn't expect to LOVE the book, but I didn't...I don't even know what I expected. Somehow, the jokes Larry tells aren't as funny written in a book.
Ryan
Aug 26, 2016 Ryan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just OK. I like Larry the Cable Guy. Sure, he isn't very PC (as he is sure to mention many times in the book), but he makes me laugh. Even so, it turns out that his stand up delivery is much better than on paper. All-in-all, OK.
C.J.
Nov 11, 2011 C.J. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was intresting to say the least, lol. I've always been a fan of Larry for a while, and this book was a good one. To me anyways.

Christine Hayes
Am going through my keepers and decided to give this one to the library. I read in 2005 sometime. It was Ok. What you would expect from Larry the Cabelguy
Angel
Jan 03, 2008 Angel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
See my note on the book in my blog:

Sheila
Jun 11, 2008 Sheila rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Stupid book. Not funny. Although when I pick up a book I have to give it a chance so Im still reading it.
Stacy
Jul 15, 2014 Stacy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was a good book in the beginning, but at the end it became boring and I could not bring myself to finish it.
Steve McGarel
Steve McGarel rated it did not like it
Dec 26, 2016
David
David rated it it was ok
Nov 25, 2012
Cody
Cody rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2012
Sean
Sean rated it did not like it
Jan 17, 2014
Bridget
Bridget rated it really liked it
May 19, 2011
Robin Landry
Robin Landry rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2014
Brad McKee
Brad McKee rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
Kevin Muir
Kevin Muir rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2015
Magpie
Magpie rated it it was ok
Oct 23, 2014
Mark Dreher
Mark Dreher rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Deerhunter1861
Deerhunter1861 rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2012
Dwayne Keller
Aug 11, 2013 Dwayne Keller rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not what I expected; total waste of time. Not funny.
Paula Peterson
Paula Peterson rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
Iustì Canun
Iustì Canun rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2009
Jack Nebel Jr
Jack Nebel Jr rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2012
Cliff Rogers
Cliff Rogers rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
  • It Was a Dark and Stormy Night
  • Definitive Biography of P.D.Q. Bach
  • Never Let a Fool Kiss You or a Kiss Fool You
  • Dave Barry's Stay Fit and Healthy Until You're Dead
  • The Misanthrope's Guide to Life: (Go Away!)
  • The Darwin Awards Next Evolution: Chlorinating the Gene Pool (Darwin Awards, #5)
  • Uncle John's Bathroom Reader (Uncle John's Bathroom Reader, #1)
  • How Could You Do That?!: The Abdication of Character, Courage, and Conscience
  • Non Campus Mentis: World History According to College Students
  • Scrum Bums: A Get Fuzzy Collection
  • Last Chapter and Worse
  • Extra Nutty! Even More Letters from a Nut!
  • Ranting Again