Start by marking “The Social Climber of Davenport Heights” as Want to Read:
The Social Climber of Davenport Heights

The Social Climber of Davenport Heights

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  8 reviews

Ah, the life of the upper-crust: decadent, flaky and not so good for the heart.

Jane Lofton has everything she ever dreamed of: a high-powered career, a fabulous home, a wealthy husband, David, and a beautiful daughter, Brynn. Of course, David also has a new girlfriend spending his old money. Brynn also has a therapist helping her articulate her contempt for her mother. A

Published March 23rd 2010 by Mira

To ask other readers questions about The Social Climber of Davenport Heights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Social Climber of Davenport Heights

Giovanni Gelati
Did you ever meet someone who always seemed to be the giving type of person? You know the kind I mean, the ones that always give the perfect gift, know exactly what to say, or just randomly do really nice things. In the Social Climber of Davenport Heights, we meet Jane Lofton. On the surface, she seems to have it all. She has a family, a thriving career, beautiful home, lots of money, etc.

After a life changing experience with an 18 wheeler, Jane makes a deal. She promises the “Man Upstairs” to s
Kim
Jul 10, 2014 Kim rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: fiction
Jane Lofton is a self made woman. She has a high-powered career, a fabulous home, a wealthy husband, and a beautiful daughter. She knows her husband is cheating, but she feels that her life style has a price. She is willing to bear his cheating as long as her world is not upset. Then, she is in a near fatal accident. She makes a deal with God to let her life and she will dedicate herself to DOING GOOD and DOING THE RIGHT THING. She discovers this means more than writing checks to charities.
This
Tarakalsu
Got three stars because it was entertaining, not particularly well written. Fun book for a lighter choice.
Kat
Irene Moyer
Wonderful gem!

I thought this sounded fun and light. It was predictable in a good way... it was happy and inspiring just like the airline's life changing event. It was more than just an easy read. There were some good lessons there.
Meredith
I really enjoyed this book. I was hesitant as I didn't think I had too much in common with the main character, but I always enjoy her writing so I went ahead with it. I found it very touching and liked the message of the book.
Kara
It was OK. Nothing fantastic.

The back stories on some of the more important characters were never told. It left some questions as to why these people were so important to the story.
Brooke Dollevoet
Tried several times to finish this book but was unsuccessful!
Anastasia Pintilie
Anastasia Pintilie marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Mandie Crago
Mandie Crago marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Nannette Troyan
Nannette Troyan marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Alma
Alma marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Debra
Debra added it
Jun 20, 2015
S
S marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Jamie Hayes
Jamie Hayes marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Noahllie
Noahllie marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Emily Wickham
Emily Wickham marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Cynthia Pratt
Cynthia Pratt marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Pamela Morsi is a USA Today, Waldenbooks, and Barnes & Noble bestselling author of romance. She broke into publishing in 1991 with Heaven Sent and has been gracing readers with at least a book a year ever since. Two of her novels, Courting Miss Hattie (1992) and Something Shady (1996), won the Romance Writers of America's RITA Award, the highest honor in romance publishing, and others have bee ...more
More about Pamela Morsi...
Simple Jess (Marrying Stone, #2) Courting Miss Hattie Love Overdue Bitsy's Bait & BBQ The Cotton Queen