Start by marking “The Gathering (Immortals, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Gathering (Immortals, #4)

The Gathering (Immortals #4)

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,729 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Created at the dawn of time to protect humanity, the ancient warriors have been nearly forgotten, though magic lives on--in vampires, werewolves, the Celtic Sidhe, and other beings. But now one of their own has turned rogue, and the world is again in desperate need of the IMMORTALS.

He was known as "the crazy one." And Leda Stowe could see why after finding the stunning

Published September 1st 2007 by Love Spell (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Gathering, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gathering

Laura the Highland Hussy
Dec 06, 2009 Laura the Highland Hussy rated it it was amazing
Hunter is a happy-go-lucky warrior who is supposedly the crazy one. He's not, he just doesn't care about anything, he won't. Not since his wife and babies were slaughtered by the Big Bad.
Leda is a witch who used death magic to summon a demon to save her dying husband, and his thanks? a divorce, and being treated like crap by the other witches until she left the Coven of Light. Luckily the Calling spell sent Hunter to her on a remote island near Mexi-cali.
This fifth installment of the Immortals
Jodz
Sep 14, 2008 Jodz rated it really liked it
I picked this book up from the library not knowing it the last book of a series I haven't read. I started to read it 3 times and never got past the 5th page, I just couldn't get into it.

I picked it up again last night determined to start & finish it before I take it back and im glad I did!!

Reading the 1st books in the series isn't really nessesary but I do wish I had known before reading so I could have got used to the terms and refferences.

It had a great storyline with great charecters...I
Djina
Jan 01, 2015 Djina rated it it was amazing
Hunter is an immortal who's been summoned into chaos. Among other people he meets Leda and merging both their power and using their resources, they'll confront great foes and among them, Hunter's old "acquaintance".

The reason I liked this book is mostly for the humoristic tone given all throughout the book. The character that is Hunter keeps being annoying in a funny way. The book is about discovering love and finding a balance in a world where immortal warriors confronts against demons with vil
Angel
Dec 11, 2015 Angel rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic journey with Hunter the immortal. Brave, sexy, powerful and with his heart broken due to the loss of his family. Great magic surrounds him. Strong brothers, one who is captured by a dangerous and evil demon bent on the destruction of life. Bonded by love and strength the brothers and their mates with the help of very powerful goddesses conquer the evil demon. This is a book I found difficult to put down. It is wonderfully written. I recommend it to anyone who wants to take a jou ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Sep 21, 2014 Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ rated it really liked it
Hunter, an Immortal Warrior whose mother is Kali, is magically taken to an island outside of Los Angeles into lion's cage. Mukasa, a lion, abused by his previous owner likes Hunter alot. Leda Stowe, a witch who used Death Magic to save someone she loved, cast out of Coven of Light by her actions. Leda leads solitary life taking care of abused animals until Hunter lands on the island. A spell called The Calling jerks Hunter from his bed play learns that Life Magic is fading from the Earth while D ...more
Nadjab
Zum Inhalt: Als plötzlich Hunter von einem Rufzauber weggeholt wird, landet er in einem Löwenkafig auf einer Insel. Dort lebt die Hexe Leda, die dort sich um Tiere kümmert. Schnell freundet er sich mit dem Löwen an und entbrennt in Leidenschaft für die Hexe, doch auch er weiß, dass etwas Schlimmes auf der Welt vor sich geht.

Meine Meinung: Die Geschichte ist spannend und emotional. Die Handlungsstränge aus den vorherigen drei Büchern werden zusammengeführt und es endet in einem explosiven Finale.
☂ ℬrandi

Our heroine, Leda Stowe (Lee-da), an air witch, lives isolated on a island near Mexico where she cares for endangered exotic animals. Currently she houses Taro, a Japanese bear and Mukasa (really?!?) the lion. She's divorced and posses a little death magic in her due to a pact she made with a groth demon to save her dying husband. The details of the husband and never discussed and really the groth demon angle is never really pursed since Hunter removes the dark magic from her, annulling her pay
May Mostly Romance
Oct 06, 2013 May Mostly Romance rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal
ขอบอกวาแมกซผิดหวังพอสมควรกับงานของเจนนิเฟอรในหนังสือชุดนีกอนเลยแลวกันคะ แมกซชอบคอนเซปตของเรือง (ซึงเปนความคิดของเจนนิเฟอร) มาก เรืองราวของนักรบอมตะหาคนทีถูกสรางขึนมาเพือพิทักษโลก แตเรืองทีเจนนิเฟอรเขียน (The Calling และเลมนี) กลับเปนเลมทีออนทีสุดในชุด

ขาวดีกคือ เลมนีสนุกกวา The Calling เยอะคะ แตมันกยังไมใกลเคียงฝีมือของเจนนิเฟอร แอชลียทีแมกซเคยอานจากเลมอืน ๆ (แนะนำงานของเธอเรือง The Mad, Bad Duke) มันอาจเกิดจากแมกซคาดหวังกับคาแรคเตอรของฮันเตอรซึงเปนพระเอกของเรืองไวเยอะเกินไปกไดคะ

แตแหม เธอดันแตงใ
MaggieReadsRom
Jul 07, 2010 MaggieReadsRom rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
What an amazing conclusion to a wonderful and magical set of books!
And lucky for us readers who have closed this series into our hearts the end is nowhere near yet since there are at least 3 more books and an anthology planned for the future starting with Taine’s story in September 2008.
But for now let’s get back to the book at hand.

After reading the Awakening the rollercoaster ride slowed down considerably but luckily Ashley took me for a serious spin with this one.

Leda and Hunter are great
Lover of Romance
The Gathering is Book 4 of the Immortal Series, which after reading this book leaves me eager to read the rest of the series, it captivated my heart and left me breathless. Leda Stowe is a witch, who lives on a island where she takes care of a bear and a lion that she saved from terrible masters who treated them crually. Leda has a tender heart, and has a genuine caring about others and especially animals. Hunter is a Immortal, a most powerful being who has spent centuries destroying demons and ...more
Emily
Mar 10, 2011 Emily rated it really liked it
In the climactic fourth book in the Immortals series, the Immortal Hunter meets the witch Leda. Hunter can communicate with animals and Leda has a sanctuary for them on an island off the coast of Mexico. They don't stay long getting to know each other, but soon rush off to join the others in Seattle and engage in the final battle with the Demon and rescue the fifth Immortal Tain.
While the climax pays off huge, which is of course entirely expected, the rest of the book seems very hurried. Obvious
Martina the Book Fairy
This is another PNR series that has a UF-style series plot. It revolves around five immortals (sons of various world-religion goddesses) who are sworn to come to the world's aid during times of terrible strife. The balance of the world has shifted too far towards the evil side, so a coven of white witches call for the aid of the immortals.

This book is primarily about the immortal brother, Hunter, and the witch he meets, Leda. Though, it's also a pivotal book in the series plot because, as the ti
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
The fourth book in the series, written by Jennifer Ashley (Book 2 and 3 were written by other authors), explores the life of Hunter, a more fun type of Immortal. The fourth book in the series, written by Jennifer Ashley (Book 2 and 3 were written by other authors), explores the life of Hunter, a more fun type of Immortal. Still hurt by the tragic death of his wife and children some 900 years back, Hunter eagerly beds women he lusts for, spending time with them without emotion. From day one it's ...more
Diana
Feb 16, 2008 Diana rated it really liked it
The last of the Immortal warriors, Hunter has tried to escape the murders of his wife and children by living life on the wild side. When he's Called to Leda's remote island unexpectedly, he immediately feels a connection with her. But their tenuous relationship must survive through the final battle to reclaim Tain and overcome the powerful demon who has been attacking the Immortals for years.

A satisfying ending to an enthralling series. This one is a lot darker, full of more pain and suffering.
Hope
May 31, 2014 Hope rated it really liked it
Another great read! I'm so happy my friend Holly shared this series with me! I have certainly enjoyed every book so far.
I'm excited and intrigued as to how the others books in the series fit into the story. I can't wait to start the next!
XXOO
~Hope
Richard Fish
Sep 07, 2014 Richard Fish rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent series

this series has been brought to life by three brilliant authors they tell you a good tale with enough excitement to help you keep reading.I enjoyed it very much.
Gaylene A Cornell
Another great book in a fascinating series

I loved this book. The chemistry of the main characters was well written and when the entire group came together it was intense.
Night Goddess
Nov 25, 2014 Night Goddess rated it it was amazing
The Gathering was off the chain. Wow!!!!! Those Immortals just get better and better. I really have enjoyed this series and I haven't been disappointed once.....
Peggy Bechko
Jun 30, 2014 Peggy Bechko rated it really liked it
Read it - enjoyed it. A quick, fun read. A smattering of intimate scenes for those who enjoy them. Lots of adventure and some humor. Excellent summer read.
Katherine
Jun 14, 2014 Katherine rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Love this series!! All 3 authors are wonderful! I hope this series continues for awhile. Finished this book yesterday and finished #5 today..love them, hard to put down..
Michele bookloverforever
Hunter, son of Kali meets Led a, a witch tainted by death magic. love and mayhem follows as he joins his brothers to free the youngest, Tain...trapped by an evil demon in a living he'll for 700 years. good story.ends happily for the heroes.
Mindy
I enjoyed this book best in the series so far for one main reason: the pet lion. Hunter is a pretty nice guy, seemlingly the least domineering of the Immortals, and Leda is a good woman; together they make a good team. I liked that this book focused less on the two lovers alone and more on the four couples as a whole - it made the story seem more believable because of the urgency. The conclusion to the the overarching plot-line of the first four books was mostly satisfying.

My only wtf moment was
Laurna Croan
Jul 29, 2014 Laurna Croan rated it it was amazing
This was by far my favorite book so far…Hunter was a breath of fresh air…can't wait to read Tain's book
Jay
Feb 03, 2014 Jay rated it really liked it
Another winner from Jennifer Ashley! Can't say enough how much I love this author!
Teresa Spooner
Jul 19, 2014 Teresa Spooner rated it really liked it
The 5 immortals finally meet, much better book than the previous one
Samantha
Jun 29, 2015 Samantha rated it it was amazing
It pained me to put it down! An emotional twister to the extreme! Epic!
Natina El
Jul 13, 2012 Natina El rated it really liked it
Although its nice to have a little sexual tension in paranormal romance.. it was equally nice to not have to worry about it. Its a little nerve racking to read other books where witches are prudish.. I mean come on .. their witches.. Anyway its obvious that there is no mistake that each of the warriors fell in love with a witch from each element and the plot thickens in a way that doesn't go against all logic. I couldn't put the book down good thing I checked out all seven at the same time..
Meaghan
Jan 22, 2014 Meaghan rated it liked it
average plotline, LOTS of characters (maybe if i had read the others in the series i wouldnt have felt quite so overwhelmed)
Natalie
Jun 10, 2016 Natalie rated it really liked it
Is this the end of this multi-author Paranormal Romance series? I think we still need Tain's story and the series goes on to like book 7 or 9 and this was only book 4. I've got to keep reading and find out. Good thing I already have most of them! The sex is still semi-graphic, I don't think that's going to change no matter which author is writing the book.
book model 1 12 Jun 27, 2011 10:42AM
  • The Awakening (Immortals, #3)
  • The Darkening (Immortals, #2)
  • The Dragon Master (Dragon, #3)
  • Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon,  #3)
  • Dark Defender (Paladins of Darkness, #2)
  • Red Mortal (Gods of Midnight, #4)
  • Eternal Moon (Moon #8)
  • Night's Touch (Children of The Night, #2)
  • Master of Wolves (Mageverse, #3)
  • In the Darkest Night (Light Warriors #4)
  • Vampire Dragon (Works Like Magick, #3)
  • Rapture Untamed (Feral Warriors, #4)
NY Times Bestselling author Jennifer Ashley writes historical and paranormal romance and historical mysteries, as Jennifer Ashley, Allyson James, and Ashley Gardner.

Jennifer's novels have won RWA's RITA and RT Reviewer's Choice awards. More about her books at http://www.jenniferashley.com, http://www.allysonjames.com, and http://gardnermysteries.com.
More about Jennifer Ashley...

Immortals (8 books)
  • The Calling (Immortals, #1)
  • The Darkening (Immortals, #2)
  • The Awakening (Immortals, #3)
  • The Redeeming (Immortals, #5)
  • The Crossing (Immortals, #6)
  • The Haunting (Immortals, #7)
  • Forbidden Taste