Start by marking “Over 40 & You're Hired!” as Want to Read:
Over 40 & You're Hired!

Over 40 & You're Hired!

A vital new job search approach customized for people over forty- from the author of 60 Seconds & You're Hired!
With unemployment hitting all time highs, the over- forty crowd is struggling to land new jobs. America's top career counselor offers her market-tested program that shows readers how to effectively stand out and appeal to employers amid age discrimination an
Published December 29th 2009 by Penguin Books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Over 40 & You're Hired!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Over 40 & You're Hired!

Elizabeth
Jun 09, 2012 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Other than the absolutely horrible intro where you feel bad for aging, this book gives some great tips on capitalizing on the skills and experiences gathered by time in the field. I've enjoyed doing the exercises and discovered some skills that I didn't think would be important but might turn in to great selling features during an interview. The website connection is very helpful as well providing access to useful tools to build power words and confidence.
Kathleen Rainwater
Sep 23, 2012 Kathleen Rainwater rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
I work with a lot of people who are WAY over 40 and searching for a new job. Career counselor Robin Ryan has great advise. I listened to this book and it was engaging and educatioal. Robyn reveals search strategies that take advantage of your strengths. She offers valuable information on how to access the “hidden job market” and explains how create targeted resumes and cover letters. She admits that you need to be prepared for hiring managers who are younger than you, and concerned about your ag ...more
Maureen Walker
Jul 12, 2011 Maureen Walker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone over 40 at every income level
Recommended to Maureen by: No one
I am going to read this book again, i sorta ran thru it quickly as to determine if it was worth my full attention. Since I do think its worth it, i will go thru this again. Its a diverse book in terms of salary ranges, however, it does start out high on the salary ranges.
A person in the "middle income" bracket will only benefit from the ideas not getting that lowest example salary range. To this point I was disappointed.
Frank
Apr 06, 2016 Frank rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An all around great book for the over 40 job seeker. I rented this book through Kindle library and probably plan on buying a copy for myself to mark up. But Robin tackles all the problems we face. From dress to success. A must need book.
Kathryn
This book is marketed more for the executive who earns a higher income than most, but the tips in this book can apply to many positions that one applies for. I wish I read this earlier, but will put some of these tips into use, if my 2nd interview w/ a company doesn't work out.
Major Doug
Listened to this book: motivated me even more to find a new job.
Phillip
Lots of good job hunting tips.
Kim
Aug 23, 2016 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written.
Lori Grant
A should-read book on job hunting and resumes in managing your career.
Linda
Jan 16, 2016 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good suggestions for updating conceptions about job hunting.
Donna
Mar 29, 2011 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book for older people looking for a job. Tell how to update your appearance and other good info.
Mckinley
Does start out a bit like an info-mercial, but some good tips and advice.
Paul Groinus
Oct 29, 2010 Paul Groinus rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 40+ who are out of touch
Unless you have been hiding out in a cave this last decade, most of this advise is common sense. There are a few good tips; worth skimming through.
Kenny
Kenny rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2010
Brainspoil
Brainspoil rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Nanci Pattenden
Nanci Pattenden rated it it was ok
Dec 21, 2014
Kimberly Lee
Kimberly Lee rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2016
Essington Wade
Essington Wade rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2014
Kent
Kent rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2011
Anita Hinkle
Anita Hinkle rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2015
Jim Ferry
Jim Ferry rated it it was ok
Apr 22, 2012
Dylan
Dylan rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2015
Renee
Renee rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2012
Stan
Stan rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2014
John Eversole
John Eversole rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2014
shawn stapleton
Got back into the Hotel Business
Jackson
Jackson rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2011
Julie Evans
Julie Evans rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2015