Start by marking “Boston Jane - das Haus auf der Klippe” as Want to Read:
Boston Jane - das Haus auf der Klippe

Boston Jane - das Haus auf der Klippe (Boston Jane #3)

4.11  ·  Rating Details ·  1,265 Ratings  ·  109 Reviews
Unerwarteter Besuch an der Shoalwater Bay Damit hatte Jane nicht gerechnet: Ihre Erzfeindin Sally Biddle aus Philadelphia taucht plötzlich in der Shoalwater Bay auf. Sallys Vater ist von Janes ehemaligem Verlobten William ins Grenzland geholt worden, um einen Holzhandel aufzuziehen. Offen bricht jetzt der Konflikt zwischen den weißen Siedlern und den Chinook aus. Und es sc ...more
Published 2004 by Dressler

To ask other readers questions about Boston Jane - das Haus auf der Klippe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boston Jane - das Haus auf der Klippe

Marklessgirl
Jan 14, 2016 Marklessgirl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
really probably a 4.5 but it is better then four so I can not give it that.
I loved this book you see how much Jane has grown up in this series and love the love story even that it is not a big part of the series. There are so sad upsetting times in this book and characters that make you mad! And parts that make you feel so happy for them. I also enjoyed reading the history of the time in the back of the book but it did make me a little sad (warning). This was a great end but I would love it if
Clara Chen
Feb 05, 2015 Clara Chen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jane Peck has lived on her own in Shoalwater Bay, a place where whites and Chinooks live together in 1850s Washington Territory. Jane has come to love Shoalwater Bay and she has made many friends. She works as the concierge at the hotel and her pies are the best on the Bay. She is good at her job and the people appreciate what she does for them.

Jane grew up in Philadelphia and she originally came to Shoalwater Bay to get married to William Baldt. When she arrived, she found that he had already
Sophie
Nov 18, 2010 Sophie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, young-adult
Αn enjoyable read, like the other books, but a) the characters were all acting a little too stupid for me and b) in the end the conflict was resolved a little too quickly. But Boston Jane is a great character (although considering what she's accomplished already her behavior here was a little out of character or rather uneven) and this was definitely fun.
Ginger ♥
Jul 23, 2008 Ginger ♥ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people of all ages
I read this book as a youngin' and I still read it now every so often. It never gets old. The emotions are always there and they adventure are always there! This is a book you should really get into!
ariana
Mar 02, 2014 ariana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best

There was nothing I would change about this book. it's amazing. I actually finished all 3 books in 3 days. I stayed up til 3 am fine finishing the book, I didn't even realize it was 3 am. This book series is very inspiring, and since we were doing a unit at school about Washington territory and claiming land at school it was good to have another insight, I rather enjoyed reading about history from the perspective of someone who was living through it. It had plenty of conflict thro
Mary
Sep 05, 2014 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 stars. The third and final installment of the Boston Jane series tackles darker and more serious topics than the first two books. Overall, it was probably my least favorite in the series, possibly because it lost some of the humor and light-heartedness of the first two books; but I still breezed through it in a couple of hours, not wanting to put it down until I reached the end. Upon reaching the end, I was disappointed that the author had not continued the story of Jane and all of her mem ...more
Angie
Nov 12, 2011 Angie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Way too predictable. Seriously do not understand how this has an average of four stars. Or how this was written by the same person who does so many other fun and enjoyable books.
Renae
Aug 03, 2014 Renae rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OK, my review of the entire series is right here, so it's got to be 3x as long and 3x as awesome! I LOVED this series so much. Even though I've always enjoyed reading as a hobby, I never thought I would just READ through my entire Saturday! THAT'S HOW GOOD THIS BOOK IS! I literally finished the first book, read the second book cover to cover,and got a fair way through the third book before realizing it was midnight. Oh well. I was seriously disappointed that I couldn't keep reading.
The actual
Isidora Subotic
Apr 14, 2016 Isidora Subotic rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Shoalwater is more of a town-like place. At least there are a few stores and the Frink Hotel. Everything is going well until SALLY BIDDLE (of all people) shows up! If you read the previous books, you will VERY well know who I'm talking about! Suddenly things are spinning out of control for Jane Peck. She has a house built (thanks to Keer-ukso and Jehu) but Jehu doesn't seem to understand that Mr. Biddle will not sponsor his mill (to-be). Everything settles in its own way, even when WILLIAM Bald ...more
Laurie
Dec 08, 2010 Laurie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful conclusion to the trilogy. Must remember these when asked for good historical fiction.
Heather
Sep 17, 2014 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I liked this book the best out of the series so I'll give it a 3.5 stars, but round up. It grabbed my attention and my emotions and didn't let go until the end. It wasn't the love story that had me flipping pages, but the "Nellie Olsen" character that made me just want to reach into the pages and rip her hair out. The love story was a little flat, in my opinion...just insignificant and unreal to me. And I really wasn't a huge fan of the ending. Don't want to spoil anything, but I just di ...more
Apr 29, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aran Johnson
There is a sadistic quality to the way this book takes away all the freewheeling fun that Jane enjoyed in the first two books. Civilization has begun to arrive on Shoalwater Bay, but it is unclear if this is a good thing for those people who were enjoying the place in its undeveloped state.

There is a lot of food for thought in this book when it comes to women's rights, and relations between Native Americans and settlers.

The plot resolution did feel disappointingly rushed, and I really did miss
Kristine Hansen
Has it really been two months since I read this? I'm going to do my best to attempt a review at this point but I guarantee it won't be my best work.

We're back with Boston Jane, and all she wants is her own piece of land....her own life. Jealousy threatens all that, which as it turns out, isn't all coming from her. The poor girl is nearly destroyed by the mean spiritedness of those around her. And honestly, I was triggered a bit from reading the book, as I remembered my grade school days of when
Danielle
Mar 23, 2012 Danielle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Boston Jane: The Claim is the third book in the series about Jane Peck. As a young women Jane moved from Boston to the mouth of the Columbia River in Washington State. She is sassy and lives life her own way. Being the only eligible lady in the area she has a long line of suitors after her. That is until her old enemy from school shows up and tries to steal all that Jane love, including Jehu, her one true love.

In this story Jane lives alongside the Chinook Tribe. Jane observes many events that
Sierra Smith
The other two books in this series I absolutely loved and they are both among my favorite books. However, I didn't like this one as much as the other two. The topic seems to change completely from the other two books. The last part of the third to last chapter and the last two chapters were the best part of the book.
Sep 05, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A satisfying conclusion to the Boston Jane trilogy (or is it? Maybe there's more to come.). Still don't like the summaries of details from preceding books, but the action moves along nicely, the conflicts in the story are believable, and the ending is nice without being too tidy. Fun series, quick reads.
Bonnie
Jane is shocked when the girl who made her life a living misery from back home, Sally Biddle, shows up in the Washington territory which Jane now considers her home.

But Sally's stealing of Jane's friends becomes a lesser concern when Jane's old fiance shows up as well, and starts causing trouble, since he discovers that Jehu is building a cabin for Jane to live in on her own, which is slightly illegal.

This was my least favorite of the 3 books. Every chapter, Sally does something nasty to Jane,
Jamie
I liked the role reversal. In Wilderness Days, Jane wouldn't believe the people around her who knew better and kept trying to warn her and give her advice. But in The Claim, Jane actually knows better than the people who won't believe her. It made me sad and frustrated, to see her so helpless and with so few options, but I love that she stayed strong and spunky.

I feel like she was more mature in this book, which I love. It makes sense to me that she would have done a lot of growing up in the las
Rachel
Once I started reading this third and final part of this little series I pretty much couldn't stop until I had finished it up. The author is very good at creating an emotional connection to her heroine, and boy did I ever despise her antagonist. This is a great series for young readers, both boys and girls.
Brittany
This wasn't my favorite. The story arc of new person makes everyone hate someone they should have been loyal to has never been one I enjoyed. Additionally, I felt like the resolutions were pretty rushed and flimsy given that it appears this is the last book. :(
Sienna
Dec 19, 2014 Sienna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice solid end to the Boston Jane trilogy. It's kind of funny how the end says "the end...for now", or something like that, as if the author wasn't sure if she was going to write more or not. I took quite a while to read it when I probably could've gone cover to cover in a day if I'd had the time. Maybe that's why I sometimes felt like all the issues standing in the way of a good ending were dragging on and on. William Baldt just irks me, so bad! The impertinence of that man just made me want ...more
Lydia
Jan 20, 2016 Lydia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked The Claim. The story was enjoyable, and the ending well done. I thought it was nice to relax with a simpler book, although the tension with the Indians made me sad because we all know how it ends. Great middle school read.
Maggie
Dec 03, 2015 Maggie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't have much to say about this one - mainly because it was rather on the depressing side, while the other two books weren't. If you read Boston Jane: An Adventure and Boston Jane: Wilderness Days and you want to finish the trilogy, I recommend it for that purpose alone. You'll get to find out what happens with Miss Jane Peck and Jehu Scudder!
Renae
After a year in Washington Territory, Jane Peck finally feels like she's found a home. But then her schoolgirl enemy, Sally Biddle, shows up and drama happens. Dun dun dun.

This was never my favorite of the series because it introduced an element of Mean Girl drama that I could have done without. Also it was just always sad to read because you know that the idyllic life of the first two books is coming to the end, that the Natives are going to be put on reservations and greedy white men are going
Stephanie
Apr 01, 2016 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were so many frustrating parts to this book - just you know, things were NOT going well and it was hard to read! But, I liked the series a lot so I think I'll leave it at 4 stars.
Rachel M.
Again, this third installment in the series is not as good as the first. Really, this book serves no purpose in the series whatsoever. The only way in which it furthers the plot is that Jane obtains some land, and Jehu builds two log cabins, one for Jane and one for him. This doesn't make sense considering the fact that everyone knows he's going to marry her. Why not just build a spectacular log cabin for both of them and then present it to her at the end of the novel as he proposes to her? Also ...more
Libby Ames
I really enjoyed books one and two of this trilogy, but I'm afraid it went on one book too long. Boston Jane is an endearing character because of her insecurities and struggles, however, it seems to take a LOT of affirming experiences to help her get over them.

My biggest complaint about The Claim is Sally Biddle. What young woman is vindictive enough to travel around the entire continent in order to make her childhood enemy miserable? I just can't buy it. No one is that vengeful. The story was a
KJ, Madame Librarian
Ugh. I was disappointed. The 'villains' of the piece were so...flat. I was expecting them to start twirling their mustaches at any moment. A series that should have gotten better went downhill instead.
Um why does it just end??? 2 7 Feb 02, 2014 05:47AM
  • Maude March on the Run! (Maude March Misadventures #2)
  • Maggie's Door (Nory Ryan)
  • The Voyage of Patience Goodspeed (Patience Goodspeed, #1)
  • North by Night: A Story of the Underground Railroad
  • Once On This Island (Mackinac Island Trilogy, #1)
  • Behind the Masks: The Diary of Angeline Reddy, Bodie, California, 1880 (Dear America)
  • In My Father's House
  • The Ballad of Lucy Whipple
  • Prairie River: A Journey of Faith (Prairie River, #1)
  • Down the Yukon
  • Annie, Between the States
  • At the Sign of the Star
  • Fortune's Journey
  • Hope's Crossing
  • Just Jane: A Daughter of England Caught in the Struggle of the American Revolution
  • My Louisiana Sky
  • The Great Death
  • The Devil's Paintbox
Jennifer L. Holm is a NEW YORK TIMES bestselling children's author and the recipient of three Newbery Honors for her novels OUR ONLY MAY AMELIA, PENNY FROM HEAVEN, and TURTLE IN PARADISE.

Jennifer collaborates with her brother, Matthew Holm, on two graphic novel series -- the Eisner Award-winning Babymouse series and the bestselling Squish series. She is also the author of several other highly pra
More about Jennifer L. Holm...

Boston Jane (3 books)
  • Boston Jane: An Adventure (Boston Jane, #1)
  • Wilderness Days (Boston Jane, #2)

“This, I thought, was true love. Someone who made you happy without saying a word.” 10 likes
“Keer-ukso looked up at the sky in mock irritation. "No, do not ask me, best friend and busiess partner, if I want coffee?” 0 likes