Who Do I Lean On?: Audio Book On Cd (Yada Yada House Of Hope Novels)

Who Do I Lean On?: Audio Book On Cd (Yada Yada House of Hope #3)

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  918 ratings  ·  60 reviews
Now that Gabby is back on her feet after being in a homeless shelter, she has a new dream that will stretch her faith further than ever.

Gabby expects a fight from her husband over custody of their boys, but she is taken aback when he leans on her for a loan to cover his gambling debts. When she turns him down, Philip makes a desperate move that puts Gabby, her friends at t...more
Audio CD, 13 pages
Published July 6th 2010 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published June 15th 2010)

Lyndi
Jeanine
well, when a book can't be put down and reading way past going to be...means the story, characters, and an up & down emotional roller coaster ride has captured a reader's heart! That is what I've enjoyed about this series of books.
Linda
First, I really enjoy the Yada-Yada series. This is the first House of Hope book and I thoroughly enjoyed it as well. This is the story of a woman whose husband throws her out (literally onto the street.) She ends up in a homeless shelter and needs to rebuild her life. She returns to her lapsed faith and begins to live in pursuit of a holy life while juggling all the struggles that people face. I love how the author consistently points to relationships and God as being central to a life of peace...more
Elaine
This book, the 3rd in the House of Hope series, recaps throughout what has taken place in earlier books. Might come in handy for those who have to wait to read each successive book -- not necessary for those of us who read one after the other with no delays. In fact, the information in this book is repeated more than once, making it appear there is just as much old information as new.

Once again, Gabby is the main character and narrator. She becomes prayer partners with Jodi Baxter who we've met...more
Title: WHO DO I LEAN ON?
Author: Neta Jackson
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
June 2010
ISBN: 978-1-59554-525-1
Genre: Inspirational/women’s fiction

Gabby Fairbanks is finally getting back on her feet after her husband kicked her out of their highrise apartment on the shores of Lake Michigan. Gabby is still working at the homeless shelter where she had to take temporary residency at, and balancing being a single mom to her two boys.

When Gabby receives a substantial inheritance from her deceased mother, she...more
Donna
good read. "In the fast-paced third installment in Jackson’s House of Hope series, just as Gabby Fairbanks thinks she is finally getting her life in order, new challenges to her faith and her future arise. Her mother’s insurance payout will allow her a degree of financial security, and she is determined to go ahead with plans to purchase the building where she currently rents and make it available to Manna House residents, homeless women, for transitional shelter. But her husband, deep in debt f...more
KDNH
Having anxiously awaited this third installment in Neta Jackson’s House of Hope series, I couldn’t wait to see what happened with Gabby and her boys. Who Do I Lean On? did not disappoint at all! In fact, this was my favorite book in the series yet! Last year I read the first two books, Where Do I Go? and Who Do I Talk To? of Neta Jackson’s new series. Jackson is also the best-selling author of the Yada Yada Prayer Group series, which I hope to get through someday too (so many books, so little ti...more
Maria M. Elmvang
Jun 20, 2010 Maria M. Elmvang rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who enjoy the Yada Yada Prayer Group series
Neta Jackson never fails to inspire me through her books, and thankfully this third book in the House of Hope series was no exception. Though I did still occasionally want to shake Gabby for her bad choices, she had come far enough to realize her mistakes herself, before they got her in too much trouble.

Phillip was at his most likeable here, and I was grateful for this glimpse into the person he used to be - until now it had been difficult to understand why Gabby ever married him in the first pl...more
Lyn
Aug 22, 2010 Lyn rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any woman
I met Neta Jackson and her husband Dave in Anaheim CA in 2002 at a Christian booksellers convention. We met again recently and she gave me an autographed copy of this book. THANKS, NETA! I had of course heard of her very successful Yada-Yada Prayer Group series but had not had the time to read one.
Well, I'm glad I took the time! This is a great read. Her character Gabby is a real "every woman." She's trying to raise her kids, deal with a marriage but she also wants to help others and obey God. G...more
Melissa
I just love Neta Jackson's books. And she has done it again. When I get done reading one of her books, I can't wait for the next! Who Do I Lean On? is no different. She writes in such a way that you feel that you are friends with the characters and are going through their triumphs and struggles with them.

I love her characters, they are well developed and believable. I wish that they were MY friends. : )

The plot is current and up to date with national and world events which really helps with the...more
Rhonda
I just love this series at the end of the each book Neta Jackson leaves you wanting more. Even though the story line leaves you hanging with something major happening and not knowing any more about it. At the same timeNeta Jackson will leave the story on a very positive noteNeta Jackson
Veronica
I clearly love reading these House of Hope Novels, although it does get quite annoying at times when the author keeps reminding us who people are. I can understand this might be helpful for people who jump right into this book without reading the first two, but I found that we might get reminders who these people are more than once during the book.
But, overall, these books are wonderful. I read three in less than a week, very easy and enjoyable to read. Cant wait til the next one comes out in Ma...more
Michelle
Favorite quote: "Just have to stay in the Word. Stay in the Word...because it's not enough to believe in God, Gabby. You have to believe God. He's a mighty big God, if we let Him be God in all our messy situations."
Dee
This is the 3rd of 4 books out of the House of Hope series. What an "up lifting" series of books. Neta Jackson has once again out done herself! I love her Christian based writing with all the scriptures in each book. I have already started the 4th book, Who is my Shelter & it is as good as the others, cannot put it down! I love GABBY Fairbanks in this series, she is an angel! Hope Mrs. Jackson will write more books!
Rita
This is the third book in this series and I enjoyed it as much as the other two. Gabby faces more challenging problems but she has found a place to live and now has her sons back living with her. She is learning that through all her problems there is only one true person to go to--God. But it sure helps to have friends she can rely on and pray with. This is a good series and I look forward to the next one.
Lynda
Gabby has moved on in her personal life, having reclaimed her children and secured an apartment with prospects for developing the apartment building into a low rent facility for single mothers with children. She also has learned to trust and rely on God more and less on her impulses while dealing with Philip's attempts at reconcilation and settling into her new life. Again one you can not put down.
Barbara
With characters so real you will feel like they are actually friends of yours by the end, Neta Jackson weaves a story of spiritual growth, accepting responsibility, listening to the Lord, helping those who are in need, and acceptance of others no matter what their ethnicity or social status. I am truly enjoying this series, and can't wait to read the next one.
Michelle
Always inspiring and another great read from neta Jackson. I've read all of the yada yada prayer group then moved onto the house of hope... Wonderful book. It is a bit annoying to constantly be reminded of who is who, but I guess this is helpful for those who don't read the books in order and still be able to follow the story. Always uplifting and inspiring!
Lorinda Byelich
This book was yet another wonderful installment of Neta's series! It was so thought provoking for me. I cannot praise it enough. The entire three series are must reads starting with the Yada Yada Prayer Group series, this one (The Yada Yada House of Hope series) and the parallel series written by Neta' husband, Dave (The Harry Bentley series) Fantastic!!
Cynthia
I read strictly for pleasure and escape. I gravitate toward books that will make me feel good or that will help me to escape every day life. I absolutely love Neta Jackson. Her series are hard for me to put down and I find that I can't wait to get to the next book. This 3rd book in her House of Hope series is another good read. Enjoy.
Beth Peninger
I think one of the reasons I like this series so much is because Neta Jackson doesn't sugar coat the believers life. She also doesn't make believing in God seem easy. She portrays characters in real life as they work through real life with God. I don't know if this is the last in the series or not but it ended well.
Diane
Very enjoyable addition to the House of Hope series. For those familiar with the Yada Yada prayer group series, the House of Hope is a nice spin off. I particularly enjoy the way Gabby is portrayed in her struggle with separation and single parenthood. I would very much recommend this book.
Candy Brown call
Carla Still
I am sad that this series is coming to a close. This has been one of the best character transformations I have ever read. The author does a great job weaving together the stories and character lives. She makes it seem real and pulls you into the experiences of the characters.
Sheri
Although I enjoyed this book, as I tend to enjoy all of Neta Jackson's book, I wasn't nearly as drawn in to this one. Maybe it was just timing and I should give it another shot (which I will) but I don't consider it a must read unless your read the first two books.
Cindy Journell-Hoch
So happy House of Hope is a reality; glad that Gabby is showing God's love through her to Phillip; worried about her going back to him for the wrong reasons and hoping that Phillip finds God and that Gabby is still able to do her work that she is clearly meant to do!
Marsha
Love this series - it just keeps getting better - this one is about Gabby having a vision of opening a housing place for homeless moms with kids and about her struggling marriage with her husband - can't wait for the next one - next SPRING!!!
Jackie Wolfred
I haven't read any of the Yada Yada books in a couple of years, and just like seeing a close friend after a long absence, we picked up right where we left off. I could so relate to this story, and it was well written. On to the next one!
Caite
I LOVE Neta Jackson's books. She challenges me to think about my own life and how I can make it better with her writing. It is so hard to put down and very easy to read. Both of her series would make GREAT women's bible studies.
  • Healing Sands (Sullivan Crisp, #3)
  • Sisterchicks on the Loose (Sisterchicks, #1)
  • The Potluck Club Takes the Cake (The Potluck Club #3)
  • Cherished
  • Doesn't She Look Natural (The Fairlawn Series #1)
  • Quaker Summer (Women of Faith Fiction) (2007 Novel of the Year)
  • Nowhere, Carolina (Southern Discomfort #2)
  • The Sweet By and By (Songbird, #1)
  • That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)
  • Sunset (Sunrise, #4)
  • Single Sashimi
  • Third Time's a Charm (Sister-to-Sister, #3)
  • A Little Help from My Friends (Miracle Girls, #3)
  • The Tea Companion
  • Spring Broke (86 Bloomberg Place, #3)
The Yada Yada Prayer Group (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #1) The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Tough The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Caught (Yada Yada Prayer Group, #5)