Hell Hath No Fury (The City, #1)

Hell Hath No Fury (The City #1)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  448 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Mortals call it Hell, Lucifer calls it The City. It’s a land of good and evil, and Lu is the mayor. He didn’t ask for the job, but someone with some sense needs to keep order, and after going against Archangel Law, Lu knows he must pay the price.

Though his crime may have cost him his Heavenly home, when trouble shows up in The City, his brothers send Lu reinforcement in t...more
Published February 2nd 2010 by Resplendence Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Hell Hath No Fury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hell Hath No Fury

Wicked Gentlemen by Ginn HaleThe Emperor's Wolf by J.C. OwensFalling by Cameron DanePaul's Dream by Rowan McBrideHell Hath No Fury by Carol Lynne
Best Gay Demons
5th out of 100 books — 114 voters
Truth in the Dark by Amy LaneHis Hearth by Mary CalmesCounterpoint by Rachel HaimowitzBloodraven by P.L. NunnSkin Deep by S.W. Vaughn
Best Gay Elves, Gods, Deity & Wizards
37th out of 240 books — 249 voters

More lists with this book...

Betryal
Wow. This story put one hellova spin and twist on the whole Lucifer being the devil and ruler of Hell. A story like this would be a better spin to what the bible teaches. The mere idea that Lucifer or better known as Lu in this book, the Almighty Sinner, falls for Dominic who I think is supposed to be angelic is a really great lip licking, lusting after story.

Enjoyed in immensely. Now I'd like to read Nick and Baz's story. Please Carol. I'm going to beg here!
Chad
Nov 01, 2011 Chad rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Chad by: Pick it for me challenge on Male Male Romance group.
A great start to a fantastic series by Carol Lynne. Very well written and the words just flowed like fine wine, Carol Lynne here's hoping for more books in this series than just 4 :-)
Raji
Originally reviewed on my blog

What would you do if you find out that the proverbial Hell isn't what was touted to be? Lucifer, or Lu, as he likes to be called, loves his City. He knows that the reason he was banished from Heaven was legit. He knows he is safe here because he gives people what they want and what they need - with every kind of culinary pleasures, carnal pleasures, night clubs etc. But when there is a threat to his life due to his past, the Heaven sends a team of bodyguards to prot...more
Jaime
What an interesting take on the whole heaven and hell scenario. I rather like the idea that the only reason people end up in hell is because they think they belong there. It sits better with me than that avenging, judging God thing I grew up with and never really had much use for....

....Right from the start, this book sets out to be something just a little to the left of center and as far as the world building goes, Ms. Lynne has succeeded beautifully. Everything presented is grounded in the myt...more
Cole Riann
Wickedly sexy! This mood of this story reminds me a bit of the Soul Mates Series by Jourdan Lane, which I love. It is short, and a relatively uncomplicated plot when it comes down to it. In fact, the Ambrosoios plotline turns out to be not quite as satisfying as it is set up to be, in my opinion. That didn't lesson my enjoyment of the book, however.

This is a light, sexy, and fun read. I'll definitely continue reading the series.
MandyM
I really struggled to see what others enjoyed about this short story.
Jeff Erno
Hell Hath No Fury by Carol Lynne is the story of fallen archangel Lucifer and his love interest Dominic Ramos. Dominic is a guard keeper for the gates of Heaven who is sent by God to protect Lucifer when his bitter rival and archenemy Ambrosios escapes from prison and makes an appearance in “The City”, threatening revenge upon Lucifer.

“The City” is the terminology that Lu uses when referencing his home, known to mortals as “Hell”. In this story, hell is portrayed in a much different context than...more
Traci
Loved this new series, Crack me up, Lu (Lucifer). This series takes place in "The City" (Hell) an Lu is the fallen Arch Angel. We are introduced to Baz the Sparten, Domonic (his guardian) Nick (another body guard, Darian and his partner (other guards).

Lu has to call on his brothers from heaven (Gabriel and Michael) to protect him from his past that banished him to the City. There is someone who is trying to him with the sword of the beast and Lu's brothers send a team of 4 to protect him. The c...more
Veronica / Miss V
I won't go even near about heaven and hell, archangel and all those themes that this book focus on.
I have never in my entire life I had any interest of learn anything about this, I have no idea what Archangel are.
So lets just focus in the story shall we? Lu, is the biggest slut and I hate him for most of the story with a passion, I think I mellowed to him a little bit at the end, but honest I found him a very annoying character and I think Dominic deserved better than this full of himself, arr...more
Shawn
I really liked this one. Being the twisted girl I am, I have always had a thing for things on the darker side, hell, Lucifer, etc.

(view spoiler)

Overall a very nice re...more
André José
Uma palavra para descrever este livro.... talvez Quente... bem quente, não fosse ele passado no pleno Inferno.
Se comecei o livro rindo-me com o descaramento com que o Inferno aqui é retratado, terminei o livro com uma pequena mágoa apesar de sentir que tudo isto não passa de pura ficção !

Não estaremos nós a julgar um arcanjo que nunca houvéramos visto?
Este romance tem algo especial, todavia acho que as personagens confundem-se quando estão muito próximas.

O que mais gostei foi de imaginar Lúcif...more
Khaoula
what can i say , it was fun.
Pamela Craft Jenewein
A powerful fantasy story about hell and heaven, of which possesses a thoroughly developed world consisting of angels, demons and other mythical entities. Lu and Dominic were genuine and strong characters; as were the other cast members too. Lu and Dominic’s jones-ing for dominance was at times comical and other times erotic. The suspenseful, mystical plot well developed, believable.
Hpstrangelove
This was mostly lots of steamy sex, but I was surprised that there was also a plot. I wasn't really expecting that so all the sex scenes ended up getting in the way. I really did enjoy the author's take on what 'hell' was like and the type of 'person' Lucifer really was.

There are three more books in the series and I liked this one enough that I'll read at least the next one.
Heidi
I am a total Carol Lynne Fan Girl. I typically read her books the day they are released. When i first saw the blurb for this series I was not interested. The OCD in me came out and I had to finish my set of Lynne Books.

I am oh so glad I did. This is a great read. Talk about loving the anti-hero.

This is a great series and I am glad I gave it a whirl.
Raevyn
I absolutely loved this story. Ms. Lynne's take on Hell and Lucifer was so new that I found myself putting off reading it because I did not want it to be over. The characters were gripping and I was sad when I finished the book... well, not so sad that I was able to stop myself from buying the rest of the series.
Shannon
This was a cute but not very involved story. I loved loved loved Lu which upped it a star for me. The sex was hot, but had no tension or build up. Interesting take on Heaven and Hell and the Archangels. Pretty good start to a series. I'm sure I'll continue.
Sandy Nguyen
Wow! I like this series despite the facts that I have not been so fond of Carol Lynne before and the second with threesome is kinda outside my boundary. I'm looking forward to book 4 or 5 to come. Can't wait.
Melanie~~
Well, that was super smexy!! Nice, short, sweet story about The Devil. The mythology created was very interesting and captivating. I'll definitely be reading more of this series!
Debbie
This is a totally different take on Heaven and Hell. It's pretty funny. Love that Lu, don't ever call him Lucifer, likes to wear fuzzy polka dot pj's and drinks strawberry milk.
Julia
Didn't think I'd love it, but I totally did. Great writing, great characters, solid dialog and an original (at least to me) idea. Fantastic, fun read.
Phoenix
Love this series. I still wish we could write a review for a whole series. Would save so much time
Nicole
Wow that was ridiculous. I rolled my eyes so much. But I am definitely checking out the next three!
Suburbancowgirl
Great writing, interesting concept, hot, hot man love. Needs more sex... :)
Sandra
Having read a lot of Carols books this in my opinion is one of her best
Purplegirl
I kind of feel weird about liking this story and Lu.:)
Vikki
Loved this twist on Lucifer, brilliant concept!!
Lee Brazil
very good reading.
  • Through the Red Door (Vampires & Mages & Weres, Oh My!, #2)
  • Over the Edge (Kaldor Saga, #2)
  • Heartsong (Fae, #2)
  • Here Be Dragons (Dragons, #1)
  • Hellbourne: Lost and Found (Hellbourne, #1)
  • The Prince's Angel (Legends of the Romanorum, #1)
  • Betrayed (Cursed #2)
  • A Subtle Breeze (Southern Spirits, #1)
  • His Hearth (Warder #1)
  • Freeze Frame (Faerily Imperfect, #3)
  • Treacherous Sun (Nu Hayven Chronicles, #1)
  • Falling (Bad Angels, #1)
  • Dark Side of the Veil (Dark Court, #1)
  • Lust & Vamp (Anything Goes #2)
  • Zuriel's Fate (Celestial Justice, #2)
  • Angels of the Deep
  • Hell Cop
  • Winner Takes All

erotic & gay romances
More about Carol Lynne...
All Play and No Work (Cattle Valley, #1) Sweet Topping (Cattle Valley, #3) Bad Boy Cowboy (Cattle Valley, #7) Rough Ride (Cattle Valley, #4) Coach (Campus Cravings, #1)