Start by marking “Countdown in Cairo” as Want to Read:
Countdown in Cairo

Countdown in Cairo (The Russian Trilogy #3)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  302 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Alexandra LaDuca is smart, tough, and cool under fire. But when she travels to Cairo to investigate a former mentor who was believed to be dead, Alex is caught in a bizarre game of double cross, and her life is more perilously on the line than ever.
Published December 22nd 2009 by Zondervan (first published December 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Countdown in Cairo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Countdown in Cairo

Patricia
The third book in the Russian Trilogy (following Conspiracy in Kiev and Midnight in Madrid).

Special Agent Alexandra LaDuca is on the move again, this time to Cairo. It's been a very busy year following a Russian mobster, the death of her boyfriend, a massacre in a remote village in Venezuela, a stolen relic, and now the search for a CIA man who "died" in Paris. A witness has seen him alive in Cairo before her boyfriend was killed by a car bomb meant to kill both of them.

Alex is smart, multi-ling
David
The third book in the author's Russian trilogy, draws you in by presenting the most suspenseful chapter of the story first (lifting it out of the chronological narrative). With the intrigue of assassins, double agents, and others with mixed loyalties, the author keeps you wondering. If you want a story with lots of suspense, that isn't preachy, this is it.

It is a good read, but in each volume of the trilogy, I kept hoping that there would be more of a resolution, more of a moral to the story, es
Rick Harrington
I have just now finished this third in Noel Hynd's Russian Trilogy. It must be said that I have never read a trilogy so well conceived as such. Each book stands on its own, and yet reading all three lends depth and satisfaction to the whole.

At the beginning of Part II of this volume, Alex, the accidental master spy of the series, remembers how she got her start. A young student alone in Europe, she faced and mastered that most extreme form of self-reliance - away from home in alien surroundings
Becky B
This is the last book in Hynd's Russian Trilogy, and it mostly serves as a way to tie up all the loose ends and remaining questions from previous books. There really isn't that much of a new mystery to be solved. Just the reappearance of someone from the previous books that is supposed to be dead, tracking him down in Cairo, and figuring out how he fits into other things...leading to the unraveling of most of the quandaries. Unlike the two previous books, this book mostly follows the story from ...more
Linda B
Countdown in Cairo starts out with a dramatic beginning with the morgue as the backdrop and then drops back to the beginning of the story. The set up to the main story was slow at times, but that is because the story is rich in detail of locations and background. It is certainly worth the wait! There are a number of background facts about the Russian events mixed in with the fiction creating an interesting blend.

All three of the books feature Alexandra LaDuca, a strong female character that is
Trayc Tooley-foskett
The end of the trilogy brought some expected happenings in completely unexpected ways along the journey of an excellent story. Alex LaDuca's character is real and believable, and, if I'm honest, is who I would like to be in my dreams. From Rizzo to Federov and everyone in between the culmination is wrapped up quite nicely...with just enough ribbon left to (hopefully) untie the bow and go back into action again. I am very glad I stumbled onto this series. It fed my appetite for action, adventure ...more
Kara Thomas
An unexciting conclusion to an unexciting trilogy. At least I know how it ends.
John Benson
Good follow up for #1 and #2 and setup for the Cuban series.
R Bartel
This story was a little better than Midnight in Madrid in the history lesson factor. At least here the history lessons given had at least a semblance of connectivity to the story. Again, I didn’t verify any of what history he gave, so I won’t be quoting it to anyone.

The story actually wraps up quite well. Alex is sent to Cairo to find a US agent who has defected. She meets again with Rizzo of Rome and Yuri Federov, and eventually begins to put together all the puzzle pieces of the past year that
Debbie
The third book did not promise to impress at first, but it became more and more interesting as it started to unravel some of the mysteries and tie together some pieces from the first two books. Once it got started, I found myself staying up a bit late to read at night. II and III were my favorites of the series, and I was pretty happy with how the trilogy ended. All in all, a really good series!
Amanda Cain
I liked the way the author wrapped up this story. I also enjoyed more of the history in this book. This one gave a good description of Egyptian politics and also of Russian history. It's obvious that the author is really current in his Middle Eastern politics.
Bette Uwarow
Good end to the trilogy...many surprises!
Louise
I just couldn't bring myself to finish this book. I loved the first two books in the series but this one just got too depressing and I couldn't keep going.
Tiana
I really enjoyed this trilogy. If your looking for a FBI/CIA government conspiracy book with a strong female lead this trilogy is for you!
Bob
I enjoyed all three books in this trilogy. I will definitely read more books by this author.
Susie
Good, easy read. Interesting characters with a Christian perspective that is not intrusive.
Linda Jennings
Forgiveness is a choice to be free.
Vesra (When She Reads)
Vesra (When She Reads) marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
was just thinking 2 9 Nov 28, 2013 08:54AM
  • Blood Evidence (NCIS, #2)
  • The End is Now
  • Naomi and Her Daughters
  • Dead of Night (Hidden Faces Series, #3)
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
  • The Heart of Memory
  • A Horse to Love (Keystone Stables #1)
  • Boneyard (Kelly Jones Mysteries, #2)
  • Operation Sheba (Super Agent, #1)
  • Fatal Deduction
  • Stories Behind the Best-Loved Songs of Christmas
  • Jackson Jones, Book 1: The Tale of a Boy, an Elf, and a Very Stinky Fish
  • Heir To The Everlasting
  • A Woman Called Sage
  • Black Ice (Fog Point, #2)
  • Man of Wax (Man of Wax Trilogy, #1)
  • The Judge Who Stole Christmas
  • Perfect (Claire McCall #4)
I've been a published novelist for longer than I care to admit, since 1976. I'm frequently asked, however, how I first got published. It's an interesting story and involved both Robert Ludlum and James Baldwin, even though neither of them knew it --- or me --- at the time.

My first agent, a wonderful thorughly perofessional gentleman named Robert Lantz was representing Mr. Baldwin at the time. Th
More about Noel Hynd...

The Russian Trilogy (3 books)
  • Conspiracy in Kiev (The Russian Trilogy #1)
  • Midnight in Madrid (The Russian Trilogy #2)
Conspiracy in Kiev (The Russian Trilogy #1) Ghosts Midnight in Madrid (The Russian Trilogy #2) Hostage in Havana (The Cuban Trilogy #1) Flowers from Berlin