Start by marking “Countdown in Cairo” as Want to Read:
Countdown in Cairo

Countdown in Cairo (The Russian Trilogy #3)

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  339 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Alexandra LaDuca is smart, tough, and cool under fire. But when she travels to Cairo to investigate a former mentor who was believed to be dead, Alex is caught in a bizarre game of double cross, and her life is more perilously on the line than ever.
Published December 22nd 2009 by Zondervan (first published December 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Countdown in Cairo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Countdown in Cairo

Patricia
Feb 09, 2015 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, spy
The third book in the Russian Trilogy (following Conspiracy in Kiev and Midnight in Madrid).

Special Agent Alexandra LaDuca is on the move again, this time to Cairo. It's been a very busy year following a Russian mobster, the death of her boyfriend, a massacre in a remote village in Venezuela, a stolen relic, and now the search for a CIA man who "died" in Paris. A witness has seen him alive in Cairo before her boyfriend was killed by a car bomb meant to kill both of them.

Alex is smart, multi-ling
David
The third book in the author's Russian trilogy, draws you in by presenting the most suspenseful chapter of the story first (lifting it out of the chronological narrative). With the intrigue of assassins, double agents, and others with mixed loyalties, the author keeps you wondering. If you want a story with lots of suspense, that isn't preachy, this is it.

It is a good read, but in each volume of the trilogy, I kept hoping that there would be more of a resolution, more of a moral to the story, es
Rick Harrington
May 01, 2010 Rick Harrington rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have just now finished this third in Noel Hynd's Russian Trilogy. It must be said that I have never read a trilogy so well conceived as such. Each book stands on its own, and yet reading all three lends depth and satisfaction to the whole.

At the beginning of Part II of this volume, Alex, the accidental master spy of the series, remembers how she got her start. A young student alone in Europe, she faced and mastered that most extreme form of self-reliance - away from home in alien surroundings
Becky B
This is the last book in Hynd's Russian Trilogy, and it mostly serves as a way to tie up all the loose ends and remaining questions from previous books. There really isn't that much of a new mystery to be solved. Just the reappearance of someone from the previous books that is supposed to be dead, tracking him down in Cairo, and figuring out how he fits into other things...leading to the unraveling of most of the quandaries. Unlike the two previous books, this book mostly follows the story from ...more
Linda B
Dec 17, 2009 Linda B rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Countdown in Cairo starts out with a dramatic beginning with the morgue as the backdrop and then drops back to the beginning of the story. The set up to the main story was slow at times, but that is because the story is rich in detail of locations and background. It is certainly worth the wait! There are a number of background facts about the Russian events mixed in with the fiction creating an interesting blend.

All three of the books feature Alexandra LaDuca, a strong female character that is
Trayc Tooley-foskett
The end of the trilogy brought some expected happenings in completely unexpected ways along the journey of an excellent story. Alex LaDuca's character is real and believable, and, if I'm honest, is who I would like to be in my dreams. From Rizzo to Federov and everyone in between the culmination is wrapped up quite nicely...with just enough ribbon left to (hopefully) untie the bow and go back into action again. I am very glad I stumbled onto this series. It fed my appetite for action, adventure ...more
Kara Thomas
An unexciting conclusion to an unexciting trilogy. At least I know how it ends.
John Benson
Nov 07, 2014 John Benson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good follow up for #1 and #2 and setup for the Cuban series.
R Bartel
May 23, 2011 R Bartel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, intrigue
This story was a little better than Midnight in Madrid in the history lesson factor. At least here the history lessons given had at least a semblance of connectivity to the story. Again, I didn’t verify any of what history he gave, so I won’t be quoting it to anyone.

The story actually wraps up quite well. Alex is sent to Cairo to find a US agent who has defected. She meets again with Rizzo of Rome and Yuri Federov, and eventually begins to put together all the puzzle pieces of the past year that
Debbie
Aug 09, 2011 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third book did not promise to impress at first, but it became more and more interesting as it started to unravel some of the mysteries and tie together some pieces from the first two books. Once it got started, I found myself staying up a bit late to read at night. II and III were my favorites of the series, and I was pretty happy with how the trilogy ended. All in all, a really good series!
Amanda Cain
Feb 09, 2010 Amanda Cain rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the way the author wrapped up this story. I also enjoyed more of the history in this book. This one gave a good description of Egyptian politics and also of Russian history. It's obvious that the author is really current in his Middle Eastern politics.
Bette
Jan 05, 2014 Bette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good end to the trilogy...many surprises!
Louise
Jun 09, 2011 Louise rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I just couldn't bring myself to finish this book. I loved the first two books in the series but this one just got too depressing and I couldn't keep going.
Tiana
Jun 14, 2011 Tiana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this trilogy. If your looking for a FBI/CIA government conspiracy book with a strong female lead this trilogy is for you!
Bob
Apr 12, 2011 Bob rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed all three books in this trilogy. I will definitely read more books by this author.
Susie
Jun 11, 2011 Susie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, easy read. Interesting characters with a Christian perspective that is not intrusive.
Linda Jennings
Apr 09, 2010 Linda Jennings rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forgiveness is a choice to be free.
Debbie
Jun 15, 2010 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book.
Sondra
Sondra added it
Feb 08, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Nadine Mostafa
Nadine Mostafa marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Linda
Linda added it
Jan 28, 2016
Holly Matheson
Holly Matheson marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Brett B.
Brett B. rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Baker Kindle
Baker Kindle marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
was just thinking 2 9 Nov 28, 2013 08:54AM
  • Naomi and Her Daughters
  • The End is Now
  • Blood Evidence (NCIS, #2)
  • A Horse to Love (Keystone Stables #1)
  • The Heart of Memory
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
  • Web of Lies (Hidden Faces, #4)
  • Black Ice (Fog Point, #2)
  • Fatal Deduction
  • Boneyard (Kelly Jones Mysteries, #2)
  • Farraday Road (Lije Evans Mysteries #1)
  • Parallax
  • The Usurper
  • A Woman Called Sage
  • The Tale of a Boy, an Elf, and a Very Stinky Fish (Jackson Jones #1)
  • The Judge Who Stole Christmas
  • The Last Embrace
  • The Resurrection File (Chambers of Justice, #1)
I've been a published novelist for longer than I care to admit, since 1976. I'm frequently asked, however, how I first got published. It's an interesting story and involved both Robert Ludlum and James Baldwin, even though neither of them knew it --- or me --- at the time.

My first agent, a wonderful thorughly perofessional gentleman named Robert Lantz was representing Mr. Baldwin at the time. Th
More about Noel Hynd...

The Russian Trilogy (3 books)
  • Conspiracy in Kiev (The Russian Trilogy #1)
  • Midnight in Madrid (The Russian Trilogy #2)