Start by marking “The Purple Book: Biblical Foundations for Building Strong Disciples” as Want to Read:
The Purple Book: Biblical Foundations for Building Strong Disciples

The Purple Book: Biblical Foundations for Building Strong Disciples

4.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  133 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Have you done The Purple Book? From students and scholars to parents, kids, rock stars, and professional athletes, people all over the world are doing The Purple Book. Why? Because they're looking for a foundation that no storm in life will prevail against---and a heart that's shaped and guided by the knowledge of God's Word. The Purple Book is a twelve-part Bible study ke ...more
Published July 3rd 2006 by Zondervan (first published July 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Purple Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Purple Book

Beautiful Creatures by Kami GarciaThe Dark Divine by Bree DespainUnearthly by Cynthia HandNightshade by Andrea CremerRomeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
The Color Purple
181st out of 1,013 books — 275 voters
Mere Christianity by C.S. LewisThe Shack by Wm. Paul YoungThe Screwtape Letters by C.S. LewisThe Purpose Driven Life by Rick WarrenThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Favorite Christian Books
283rd out of 1,202 books — 902 voters

More lists with this book...

Hanna
Jul 29, 2012 Hanna rated it really liked it
Shelves: faith
This book was a great in-depth look at the Christian faith. It is perfect for those who are new to Christianity or want an intense study of their belief. Be prepared to do a lot of work! It took me months to complete this book.
Joshua
Apr 29, 2014 Joshua rated it it was amazing
Build your foundations folks !! Then a Storm-proof life, as promised, will be yours ;)
Cess Que
Nov 05, 2013 Cess Que rated it really liked it
This book allows you to work with it and write/think about your faith. It gives a fairly simple guide but the results are far from simple. It's in-depth and every Christian would benefit from working through a copy. You will be able to examine yourself and at the same time learn of the beauty of God's love. It's a must buy :)
Alexandria
Mar 30, 2016 Alexandria rated it it was amazing
Shelves: god-stuff
Even though growing up in the church should have thought me a lot of biblical principles, when I decided to say thank you to God and look at Jesus as a model for my life, I had very little of the word left in me. This book helps baby Christians and maybe seeking Tomases gather the Biblical groundwork of the faith.
Rebecca
Mar 27, 2015 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian, workbooks
A all encompassing, Christianity 101 type book that is great for new believers to gain a good foundation of biblical truth and for mature believers to be reminded of what the bible says about certain topics. Could be great for a disciplining tool.
Andrea Adams
Dec 22, 2015 Andrea Adams rated it it was amazing
This is a must read for Christians new or veterans. I have learned so many things while studying these scriptures and doing the lessons. Biblical foundations should be as much a part of our lives as Bible reading...every day.
Olivia
Nov 04, 2015 Olivia rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Great discipleship book with all the basics covered from biblical standpoint.
Elizabeth Heitz
Elizabeth Heitz marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Micheline Miller
Micheline Miller rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2016
Troy
Troy marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
RG
RG marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Rowse
Rowse rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2016
Dawn Stinnard
Dawn Stinnard rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
COURTNEY MCGEE
COURTNEY MCGEE marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Tinkervhel Siman
Tinkervhel Siman marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
April Mallorca
April Mallorca marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Sarah Mladenka
Sarah Mladenka rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Moffat Ndabadime
Moffat Ndabadime marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Timothy
Timothy marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Gabriel Bernardo
Gabriel Bernardo is currently reading it
Apr 01, 2016
Czarina Manuel
Czarina Manuel rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
Peter Zefo
Peter Zefo rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Andrew
Andrew rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2016
Penny
Penny marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Rita Foulkes
Rita Foulkes rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2016
Magdalena Gacumo
Magdalena Gacumo marked it as to-read
Jet Lee
Jet Lee marked it as to-read
Amz
Amz added it
Mar 18, 2016
  • The Wiersbe Bible Study Series: Mark: Serving Others as You Walk with the Master Servant
  • Experiencing the Heart of Jesus: Knowing His Heart, Feeling His Love
  • From Dream to Destiny: The Ten Tests You Must Go Through to Fulfill God's Purpose for Your Life
  • A Cry for Justice
  • Christ in the Passover
  • The Kiss of Heaven: God's Favor to Empower Your Life Dream
  • Knowing the Truth About Jesus the Messiah (Defenders Series)
  • How to Find God's Will
  • God on the Streets of Gotham: What the Big Screen Batman Can Teach Us about God and Ourselves
  • The Story of Scripture: How We Got Our Bible and Why We Can Trust It
  • Waters of Grace: Christianity for the Nonreligious
  • We All Need Heroes: Stories of the Brave and Foolish
  • 21 Days of Faith Challenge
  • Transforming Prayer
  • It's Your Call: What Are You Doing Here?
  • Excavating Jesus: Beneath the Stones, Behind the Texts
  • Sparkling Gems from the Greek: 365 Greek Word Studies for Every Day of the Year to Sharpen Your Understanding of God's Word
  • Blood Work: How the Blood of Christ Accomplishes Our Salvation
Soon after Rice Broocks became a Christian as a third year university student, he discussed his faith with his brother Ben, an atheist, who was a third year law student. Though Rice was young in his faith, his simple answers to his brother’s questions led to Ben’s acceptance of Christ, and he baptized Ben later that day.

Since that day I’ve devoted my life to reaching out to an unbelieving, skepti
More about Rice Broocks...