Start by marking “New Garden Book” as Want to Read:
New Garden Book

New Garden Book

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  6 reviews
-- Complete information on landscaping, lawns, perennials, vegetables, and houseplants for gardeners of all skill levels.
-- More than 115 drawings illustrate plant care tricks step by step.
-- Includes more than 100 pages of plant portfolios and 65 pages of charts describing more than 800 plants, diseases, and pests.
Published January 15th 1990 by Better Homes and Gardens Books

To ask other readers questions about New Garden Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Garden Book

Suzy
Mar 03, 2010 Suzy added it
Easy to understand and implement. Good photos.
Heather
a lot of good information on plants. But if you are in a colder zone like me (zone 3) there are a lot of plants in this books to skip through. I don't have a big problem with that though. It has nice photos of the different plants as well. Each chapter talks a bit about the plant category first before getting to the plants and their descriptions. It is basic information but definitely helpful if you are new to gardening.
Inga
Very useful basic information about gardening. I also like the way the book is structured. It's easy to browse and just use it as a reference, if you need to go back at some point and read about a specific topic.
Has lots of pictures accompanying the descriptions for everything it talks about, which makes it so much easier to understand and visualize what you are reading, especially for trimming, pruning and planting :)
TurtleneckGirl
My favorite gardening book of all time - ever! I've planned and plotted countless garden beds over the past eighteen years with this book propped on my wheelbarrow. The plant portfolios are especially useful, with clear photographs and succinct descriptions. It's falling apart but I'll just keep taping it together (and brushing dirt from between its pages).
Carolee
THE BEST book I've found so far for overall generalistic advice. I knew very little about landscaping and gardening when I bought this 3 years ago (new house - VERY challenging yard). The book is now highlighted, sticky-noted, doggy-eared, and stuffed with additional pieces of drafts and ideas on paper ... this book is well loved!
Aliza
Such a great resource on the basics of all around gardening. This gives you a place to start and if you want more I depth information you can look online for specifics.
Jonah Weaver
Jonah Weaver marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
دريمر غيرل
دريمر غيرل marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Alexa
Alexa marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Peprmntpurple
Peprmntpurple marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Jason Fillis
Jason Fillis marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Corinnemanalo
Corinnemanalo marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
April
April marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Tanya Hristova
Tanya Hristova marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Mary Schultz
Mary Schultz marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Nyxnightdog
Nyxnightdog marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Katleen Mcmahom
Katleen Mcmahom marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Better Homes and Gardens is the fourth best selling magazine in the United States. Better Homes and Gardens focuses on interests regarding homes, cooking, gardening, crafts, healthy living, decorating, and entertaining. The magazine is published 12 times per year by the Meredith Corporation. It was founded in 1922 by Edwin Meredith, who had previously been the United States Secretary of Agricultur ...more
More about Better Homes and Gardens...
Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book  New Decorating Book, 10th Edition (Better Homes and Gardens) Complete Guide to Quilting (Better Homes and Gardens) Anyone Can Cook: Step-By-Step Recipes Just for You 501 Decorating Ideas Under $100