A Soldier for Keeps

A Soldier for Keeps (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3 #9)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  160 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Lexie Evans is "not" looking for a relationship with Pierce Granger. And that's just fine by the handsome soldier. Neither one has time for romance, but they can both commit to friendship, right? Then, after months as pen pals, Pierce visits Lexie's family ranch in Wyoming. Face to face with her friend, Lexie realizes her feelings toward him have changed. She's finally rea...more
Published March 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Soldier for Keeps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Soldier for Keeps

Rachel
Not bad overall, but kind of predictable. I kind of like books like this to have a little more drama or something to really pull you in. The characters also jumped back and forth between actually admitting to themselves that they liked each other and then telling themselves that it could never work. Overall, not bad, but not a favorite either. Give me a story with a little more unpredictability and drama. :)
Jan Mcleod
The stories in the McKaslin series are cute and entertaining, but all of them have the same basic theme: one person of a would-be relationship doesn't want a relationship with the opposite sex for fear he/she will be hurt again. Of course, that is not the final word in the relationship!
Holly
I love books with military heroes/heroines, so this was an easy choice to pick up. I really like Harlequin's new line of books that don't have all the sex, just the romance. This was a good book with a great start and two great main characters. I started out thinking I would give it 4 stars, but toward the end the whole "angst" thing between the two was starting to get old, as the author had started it quite near the beginning. And then the end I felt she just sort of threw on because she was ti...more
Kame
Pierce and Lexie have both decided they do not want to love anyone again - because you just get hurt.

They decide they can be friends, and e-mail each other during Pierce's military deployment. Both recognize they have feelings that are more than friendship, but are determined not to let them grow or share these with the other. The happy ending came very abruptly and maybe a little far fetched for me. But I loved their time together at the college, and Pierces time with his family to swing me to...more
Barbara
I loved this story, and enjoyed the viewpoints and lifestyle of a soldier that were woven into the plot. The characters of Lexie and Pierce were presented in such a clear way that I truly felt like I knew them, and it kept me very interested in what was going to happen. It did seem like the ending went a little too quickly from one extreme of feelings to the opposite extreme, and that made it slightly less believable. A little more time might have made it seem more plausible. For that reason onl...more
Susan
A Christian Romance. Lexie is looking, but not very hard, for Mr Right. She isn't haveing much luck in finding someone to meet her criteria. Peirce isn't looking at all because he is an Army Ranger and feels this is where he is needed to help protect his country. Trite but has some good redeeming humor.
Veronica
The plot and character development was great. Jillian Hart is a great author who keeps you reading but I wish she didn't wrap up the ending in this one quite so quickly, I think it took away from the strength of the storyline.
Pat Oringer
Love, love, love the McKaslins so it can only get even better when you throw in a soldier theme, mixed with modern day romance via the internet and a hero who lives life to the fullest!
Lauri
Good. It was about a character who appeared in A Soldier for Christmas, but it would have been nice if she had spoken to the characters from the first book at least once.
Hollie Robb
It was the same argument going over and over. It made the book boring for me to read. The story behind the argument was good.
Karen
This is a very good book, when you get to the end, you want more. I read this book in one day, so it is very short.
terrance
A good read. I expected more, but it was cute. Probably not something I'd reread.
Ariel
this book is really awe some it is probaly the best book i've read yet
Julie
what can I say cute Christian book about trying not to fall in love.
SheLove2Read
Great! I loved this book. A quick read too.
Carole
Oct 04, 2012 Carole rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Loved it.
Lorrie
Lorrie marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Kim Schepp
Kim Schepp marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Melanie Sausser-Burke
Melanie Sausser-Burke marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Jan Scope
Jan Scope marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Lawanda Mckenzie
Lawanda Mckenzie marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Becky Milleson
Becky Milleson marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Samm.
Samm. marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Jillian Hart grew up on her family's homestead in Washington state, where she raised cattle, rode horses and scribbled stories in her spare time.
After earning her English degree from Whitman College, she worked in travel and advertising before selling her first novel.
When Jillian isn't working on her next story, she can be found puttering around her rose garden, curled up with a good book and sp...more
More about Jillian Hart...
Homespun Bride (The McKaslin Clan Historical #2) A McKaslin Homecoming (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #5) No One But You Mail-Order Christmas Brides: Her Christmas Family\Christmas Stars for Dry Creek Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #1)