Start by marking “The Art of Kissing: The Truth About What Men and Women Do, Think, and Feel” as Want to Read:
The Art of Kissing: The Truth About What Men and Women Do, Think, and Feel

The Art of Kissing: The Truth About What Men and Women Do, Think, and Feel

In The Art of Kissing, William Cane reveals that there is more to kissing than simply locking lips. Through a hundred thousand interviews he has discovered the truth about what men and women do, think, and feel when they kiss. Their input and his expert knowledge can help you to master the secrets of great kissing.

With specific techniques for more than thirty types of kis
Published January 5th 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published December 15th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Kissing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Kissing

Charity
Feb 19, 2008 Charity rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Of course it's a 5!!.. We all know how I love a good kiss.
Jill
Apr 20, 2011 Jill rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self, coffee-table
It was so much fun to click the "self" shelf when I went perusing my shelves to see where I could put this. Ha! This was a birthday gift/pre-vacation gift from a good friend. It was meant to provide drastic improvements to my vacation. Alas, I read it a bit late for that, but perhaps another time. Mostly I had lots of flashbacks while reading it. There were definitely some laughs. I thought it somewhat instructive but mostly just entertaining. It made me smile several times. Also made me smug th ...more
Tressa
This book is well written and the personal interviews of people's first kiss or best kiss or worst kiss kept it interesting. I just don't understand why someone has to read a book on HOW to kiss. Who doesn't know the art of neck kissing, ear kissing, french kissing, or the 27 other kisses? You didn't know there are 30 different kisses? I didn't either. If you're curious this is the book for you.

There is a useful chapter on how to tell if a guy or gal wants to kiss you. Those hints are oft times
Sara
Oct 11, 2008 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While unpacking this past week, I found this flirty little book I got at my bridal shower. I thought I would read it through to determine if it was a keeper. It was cute and fun and tasteful. Most of the kisses were old favorites, but there were a few also that made me curious to try. ;)
I liked the comments in each chapter about what guys and gals thought of each type of kiss. Good to know stuff.
For a fun, flirty way to spice up your kissing repertoire, I recommend this book.
*smooches*
Helen
Feb 04, 2009 Helen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think kissing is both supremely important AND an art AND one of the most fun things you could possibly spend your time doing :oP. Especially with a person who feels the same way about it. I love being adventurous with it and so I love the ideas in this book! And the fact that it even is a book! 4 stars not 5 'cause I can think of even more things that he did not include haha :oP A cute, fluffy little book to have around!
Rosalía
Overall, a decent book that taught me several exciting new techniques. I think it is a worthwhile read for the inexperienced kisser, and I would have learned quite a bit twenty years ago. For the bashful young man, it is a textbook for making out successfully.What startled me is that it said 97% of women love to be kissed on the neck, that it drives them wild, makes them crazy. I guess I'm not the only one. Kiss me on my neck and I turn into melted butter.
Vicki
Aug 10, 2012 Vicki rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Who knew there were so many kinds of kisses. This is a small book so I read it in less than a day. It's am easy read and enjoyable, but not overly informative unless you're new to kissing. I did learn, if only I could remember them all, the names for different styles and types of kisses. I'd recommend reading it with a girl/boyfriend or partner and practicing as you go along. It would make for a fun evening.
Keith Davis
I read a book about kissing. (saddest sentence ever) That is like attending a seminar on partying. Actually, I read it because I sometimes use a random number generator to select books to read. I wondered how long it would take before it picked something embarrassing. The book is interesting and funny, but it helps if you read it in the voice of Tim Meadows' Ladies Man character from SNL.
Alisa
Sep 26, 2011 Alisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well, I have now forfilled my promise to a friend and read this friggin book.. Lord help me if she ever asks me to read anything again.

This book is kind of retarded... I understand that some people want to learn how to kiss and need instructions on it.. but.. come on.. dry, wet, sloppy, slobbering,... really, we need to know about all this?
Charlie Tembresa
Mar 24, 2009 Charlie Tembresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Ever heard of a “butterfly kiss”? Or maybe “Lip – O – Suction”? If you haven’t, read the book. If you’re bored with French Kissing, read the book. However, take my word for it. Reading the book doesn’t make you a good kisser, practice do.
Brittany
Haha, I remember reading this book as a joke when I was a kid. It's interesting, that's for sure. Some of it is slightly ridiculous, the way the author waxes on about details.
Lady Natasha
Apr 16, 2011 Lady Natasha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Good, but I liked his Hollywood kissing book better.
Allison
The books Kristilee sends me crack me up, but they're pretty fun to read. Enjoyable book.
HeavyReader
Jun 21, 2007 HeavyReader rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of kissing
I got this book at the Friends of the Public Library book sale. It's a small book, but includes lots of kissing tips and techniques.
Sep 08, 2010 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
super cute book! must read
Hajar Chennani
After reading the book I realised that I'm a good kisser anyway I had fun reading it , at first I thought that it would be full of scientific facts but it turned out to be a funny book :)
✿ Jenna ✿
Libro carino, interessante e simpatico :)
Gheeta
Feb 08, 2012 Gheeta rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I rather funny little book...Horrible flashbacks to high school and early college.
Lynda
Feb 26, 2012 Lynda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sexuality
Read this when I was 15. It's a cute and informative book, which gives a 15 year old lots of ideas. Not sure how useful it would be for an adult.
Landry
Jun 15, 2007 Landry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Playful, passionate and flirtatious ... more than just a how-to manual or an overview of technique. The Art of Kissing explores the craft this most intimate form of communication.
Craig
Oct 13, 2008 Craig rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
if kissing came naturally then this book would have never been written. but it doesn't and everyone likes a different kiss. this book is great.
Fostergrants
this book is cute. i had the older version that i kept in the guest bathroom with other cute little books. guests like cute things. did i mention it was cute?
Alice
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2014
Thierry Wasserman
Thierry Wasserman rated it did not like it
Dec 26, 2011
Susan E. Schmidt
Susan E. Schmidt rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Kristy
Kristy rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2009
Kimber
Kimber rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2009
  • Bring on the Bad Guys: Origins of the Marvel Comics Villains
  • Had Enough?: A Handbook for Fighting Back
  • Betty's Summer Vacation - Acting Edition
  • Listen
  • The Ansel Adams Guide: Basic Techniques of Photography, Book 1 (Ansel Adams Guide to the Basic Techniques of Photography, #1)
  • Quick and Easy Thai: 70 Everyday Recipes
  • Don't Panic: Taking Control of Anxiety Attacks
  • How to Give Her Absolute Pleasure: Totally Explicit Techniques Every Woman Wants Her Man to Know
  • Love Letters: An Anthology of Passion
  • George Dandin
  • The View from Serendip
202891
William Cane has had a distinguished career as a professor of English at CUNY and Boston College, where he helped a generation of students improve their prose. Cane is the author of six books, including the international bestseller THE ART OF KISSING (St. Martin’s 1991; revised editions 1995 and 2005), which sold more than 100,000 copies in the U.S. and was translated into nineteen languages. The ...more
More about William Cane...