Start by marking “Los Cinco Se Divierten” as Want to Read:
Los Cinco Se Divierten

Los Cinco Se Divierten (Famous Five #14)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  3,805 ratings  ·  44 reviews
George is not pleased when Berta, a spoilt American girl, turns up at Kirrin Cottage in the middle of the night - dressed in disguise! But George hasn't got time to be jealous. Berta is in hiding from kidnappers, and she needs help. The Famous Five are the only ones who can protect her - but will they risk danger to themselves to help out a virtual stranger?
Paperback
Published October 28th 1985 by Juventud (first published 1955)

To ask other readers questions about Los Cinco Se Divierten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Los Cinco Se Divierten

Stacey
Five Have Plenty of Fun is one of my faves of the Famous Five series.

The Five; siblings Julian, Dick and Anne, cousin George / Georgina and her dog Timmy are staying at Kirrin Cottage with George's parents (Quentin and Fanny).

Uncle Quentin is working on some secret project with two other scientist (including an American). When kidnap threats are made against the American scientist's daughter (Berta) he decides she is to with the Kirrins as he would hand over info to get back his daughter.

So it i
David Sarkies
Nov 29, 2014 David Sarkies rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who love these books
Recommended to David by: My Dad
Shelves: adventure
An action packed adventure with spies and a mysterious house
1 May 2013

It felt that by the time I got to this one Blyton's books had become a little more action packed, and the the world of the Famous Five had become somewhat deeper. This one even brings Ragamuffin Jo back into the adventure, who plays an important role, as well as bringing a new person over from America to hide from potential kidnappers. We even have a much broader adventure where we have scenes on Kirrin Island, in a fair grou
Kirsti
This was one of the first famous Five books I read as a girl, and I've always loved it. I loved particularly how upset George was that Berta made a better boy than she did! For some reason, even though I never dressed or tried to act like a boy, I've always sympathized with George. I was a little tomboyish myself, but I didn't really categorize activities as a boy or girl thing to go- If I wanted to play dinosaurs I did, and if I wanted to dress my sister's barbies and brush their hair I did tha ...more
Zainab

The famous five is a children novel. It is written by Enid Blyton. The novel talks about scientific project that 3 people are working on it. They are searching for new resources to stop the needs of coke, coal, or oil and then sit in away island to avoid the war. However, there are kidnapers who want to steal the information about the project so they choose to kidnap Elbur’s daughter because the Elbur is the most one know about the project. They threat Elbure if he don’t give them the informatio
Karthik
The first part of the book was fun - Enid Blyton writes this inter personal dynamic scenes very well. We have a new girl with a dog and George does not like her or her dog. But the others are fine with her. And Timmy likes the other dog. Generally that part was fun. But the mystery part as usual was a dampy squib. Though Jo is my favorite character, even her entry does not enliven things. Like all the novels she is part of, once again she saves the day. But somehow we don't see the best of Jo he ...more
Francophile25
I find this hard to rate as I read it for nostalgia purposes, having read the whole gamut of FF books when at primary school. I adored them back then, but I find that now I'm picking up soooo many flaws: sexism, elitism, prejudice to name but a few. In this one Enid Blyton even managed to have a good swipe at Americans. Also, I can't believe what an ass**** Uncle Quentin is - never wants to spend time with his only child Georgina and treats his wife like an unpaid slave. "Women are so soft", etc ...more
Jake Collins
The ones where George gets kidnapped are definitely the weaker additions to the Famous Five series. (I say this for a second time because it's true!) I find the set-up here particularly weak - Berta should be placed under police protection, rather than left alone with the Five and no adult supervision apart from the cook!
Lavanya
First of all, I love Enid Blyton.
Secondly, this was the first novel I ever read.
So you all can guess why I like her.
I credit all my success in reading all the novels I read to to her.
Lili
Book I loved and since children and grandchildren adore, everyone of Blyton's books are enjoyable readable and loved by all
Johanna Hudson
i loves this. this is mu most favorite out of the whole famous five series:)
John
As with all Famous Five books, this is of the same trusted and successful formula.

I loved these books as a child and I am delighted that my girls loved them as children too.

The stories are adventures of a byegone age, yet still hold the attention of children, around the world...... they have stood the test of time well - and for a great reason.

The stories are plausible, fun, adventurous and contain an excellent mix of young characters... with a little bit of everyone in each of them - something
Richa
Good. A bit repetitive where the adventure is concerned.
Khushi
Very very VERY nice!!!! Never thought it would be so nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rizal
Jan 06, 2015 Rizal marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dewa, r, risal
good
Jureshka Naidoo
I enjoyed reading this book, though a few things were a bit to easy. I could predict what was going to happen before it did.
Conley Morris
This is a fun book to read if you like mystery.
I liked this book because it kept me on my
toes the whole time and it was very exciting.
My favorite character is George because she
wants to look like a boy and when her friend
has to disguise herself as a boy George is
very jealous. My favorite part is when Dick
and Julian rescue George after she is kidnapped.
I liked this book a lot.
Durdles
Let's see, how shall we irritate George, who's fragile self-confidence is based on pretending to be male? I know, the family can take in a pretty and feminine young American girl and disguise her as a more believable boy in order to protect her from kidnappers. Good plan; that should fool them. In the end, however, the incredible sulk comes good.
Faa
George had another look-alike, this time it was Berta; an American girl who stayed with them. Adventure lurked when she had to be dressed up as boy and Five need to hide her to keep her safe, in Kirrin Island. I love it when George was so furious for being compared with Berta-boy version. AFter all the adventures, they indeed have plenty of fun!
Neja
These books (Famous five) are hands down one of my favorite books from my childhood. All those adventures and mystery …and those sandwiches they always packed! aww, just the best! I would love to read one of these again. To bring back those memories..memories of first experiences with reading books.
Louise (A Strong Belief in Wicker)
One of the more pedestrian adventures. Cold war paranoia again. An American colleague of George's father is in England, and there is a kidnap plot against his daughter Berta, who thinks everything is swell and wunnerful in England.
Noora
Ihan perinteistä Viisikko-kamaa, jossa jaksaa naurattaa perinteisten sukupuoliroolien esiintuonti, Pauli/Paulakin noudattaa niitä kuin huomaamattaan, vaikka yrittääkin peitellä tyttöyttään jatkuvasti.
Kevin
I read these books when I was ten years old or so. They tell me that Enid Blyton was racist. I didn't get the feeling when I read the books.. Perhaps I was too young to see it.
Although these books are dated in the times and show lots of elements that would not be excepted today as a child I still have to say they are some of the best books to read.
Aakash
It is most interesting detective book by Enid Blyton.
How they catch the solution to solve the solution that was most interesting part of that book.
But,I like it very much.
ms bookjunkie
I reread the Famous Five books periodically and I enjoy them when I do, but good lord they irk me all the same. I just have to take them as a portrait of their times…
Prashansa
Cool! Turning Berta into Lesley and then to Jane was awesome. When Julian refused Jo to take his bicycle she took Dick's, that part was really humorous.
Dana
Famous Five and mysteries mixed together make an awesome read! I did have fun with the "wunnerful" Leslie and her little dog who admires Tim.
Maisie
So many to review, there are like 20 of these books. I'm just going to say the same thing: I liked these when I read them.
Sally
Ahh, another favourite :D Berta was... quite the character. Her and George clashing made for some marvelous reading!
Srivardhan Ramesh
wow! these people are GREAT! the mystery is..........unspeakable and dumbfounding. i suspect timmy is real cute. :)
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
  • The Naughtiest Girl Saves the Day (The Naughtiest Girl, #7)
  • Kitty at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #9)
  • Uma Aventura no Supermercado
  • The Secret of the Crooked Cat (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #13)
  • Lima Sekawan: Patung Dewa Aneh
  • The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #3)
  • O Olhar do Dragão
  • The Mystery of the Nervous Lion (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #16)
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...

Famous Five (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1)
  • Five Go Adventuring Again (Famous Five, #2)
  • Five Run Away Together (Famous Five, #3)
  • Five Go to Smuggler's Top (Famous Five, #4)
  • Five Go Off in a Caravan (Famous Five, #5)
  • Five on Kirrin Island Again (Famous Five, #6)
  • Five Go Off to Camp (Famous Five, #7)
  • Five Get Into Trouble (Famous Five, #8)
  • Five Fall Into Adventure (Famous Five, #9)
  • Five on a Hike Together (Famous Five, #10)
The Magic Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #2) The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree, #1) Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1) The Faraway Tree Stories (The Faraway Tree #1-3) The Folk of the Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #3)