Start by marking “Ferret in the Bedroom, Lizards in the Fridge” as Want to Read:
Ferret in the Bedroom, Lizards in the Fridge

Ferret in the Bedroom, Lizards in the Fridge

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  226 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Liz tells her zoologist father he must get rid of all the homeless animals he keeps at their house or she'll never win the sixth-grade class presidency, but when they're gone she misses them and learns there are more important things than winning.
Published November 1st 1988 by Turtleback Books (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Ferret in the Bedroom, Lizards in the Fridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ferret in the Bedroom, Lizards in the Fridge

Kris
Mar 11, 2014 Kris rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: favorites
I gotta say I only picked up this book because it involved a ferret. (It's super rare to find a book that speaks of ferrets in a positive way, so I was pleasantly surprised. I was reading and expected low expectations.) Part of me thought the writing was a little cheesy at first, but hey, it's geared towards younger kids.

The story does pick up more when Elizabeth puts her presidential campaign into full gear from the urging of her friend Sally. Elizabeth is frustrated because of the overwhelming...more
Colleen Venable
May 18, 2008 Colleen Venable marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read
This was my absolute favorite book as a kid....let's see if it holds up. Granted the cover was much better on my version, aka a ridiculously 80's girl holding a frozen lizard by the tail as if she were about to accidentally eat it like an icecream pop. Don't think I would have ever picked it up with this current cover.
Jordan
Bill Wallace did a great job writing Ferret in the Bedroom, Lizards in the Fridge! This is a very good book. It is targeted more tword older children, such as 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. Liz is trying to run for class president, but when she trys to get a group of people to come over to campaign, the girls in Liz's grade are either busy or are afraid to come over because of all the animals. Her dad is a zoologist and he has a lot of animals around the house. Everyone is afraid to come over b...more
Gina Elaine
ive read this book about 5 times and i bought it at a book fair when i was in like the 3rd or 4th grade and it is so cute and charming and i still love it
Luther Ferguson
3B English
It was a book about a girl who just wanted to fit in. But because she had all kinds of animals as house pets, alot of people made fun of her and picked on her. So she ends up trying out for class president. She runs into alot of trouble on the way.

I thought the book was great and very funny.
Erica
My absolute favorite when I was a kid. As an added bonus, I wrote the author a letter and he actually responded (a real one- he asked about my own ferret). That only made me love the book even more. I regret selling my own copy and keep meaning to pick up another.
Jonathan
My expectations of this book were pretty low judging on by the cover and title. But oh, how the old adage is true. This is an excellent book and I think I’m buying a class set for my chitlins.
Lani
This one is in the same vein as Snot Stew, a little more cutesy and geared toward a little bit younger readers. Still a fun and silly animal story for a little bit younger kids.
The 6th graders I am interning with will be reading this, so I needed to as well. A cute story about standing up to the crowd and being an individual.
Twyla
Kate Healey
This was an excellent read-aloud chapter book with my 3rd grade students. Excellent focus on visualizing!
Andd Becker
Pet owners will identify with the precocious sixth grade narrator in this fast-moving RL 4.7 book.
Carsyn
I would really give it 3.5 stars. I wish I could have as many animals as Liz!
Josh Welch
This was one of my favorite books in 4th grade. I love this story so much!
Sophia Twichell
Cute children's book. Nice message at end. Better for age 8?
Marnina
It was .......interesting..
Meredith
Meredith marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Amy
Amy added it
Sep 22, 2014
Audrey
Audrey marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Sep 16, 2014
Tyler Miles
Tyler Miles marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Danielle Driggs
Danielle Driggs marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
72012
Former elementary school teacher; West Elementary School, Chickasha, OK, principal, since 1977, and physical education teacher. Speaker at schools and universities in various states, including State University of New York and University of South Florida.

AWARDS:

Bluebonnet Award from Texas Association of School Librarians and Children's Round Table and Sequoyah Children's Book Award from Oklahoma St...more
More about Bill Wallace...
A Dog Called Kitty No Dogs Allowed! Snot Stew Pick of the Litter Red Dog