Start by marking “I Told You I Can Play!” as Want to Read:
I Told You I Can Play!

I Told You I Can Play!

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Six-year-old Brian loves to play football - but everyone thinks he's too small. When he finally gets a chance to prove himself and his skills, he shows everyone that he's got what it takes to succeed even against the big boys.
Published September 1st 2008 by Marimba (first published January 2006)

To ask other readers questions about I Told You I Can Play!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Told You I Can Play!

Brian loves sports, but his older siblings exclude him from all their games claiming he's too little to play. When another player gets called home, Brian takes over his position and proves everybody wrong.

Watercolor artwork. PreK-2.
Zilha B.
This is about a young boy who has to follow his brother and he is eager to do things that his older brother does. His older brother refuses to let him play with him and his friends in fear of him getting hurt and also be an embarrassment to him. This book can be used to talk about sharing and cooperating or working together as a team. I would read this book in the first few weeks of school to bring about a community in my classroom.
I love this book because it reminds me of how my sister use to treat me when I was little. She never wanted me to follow her because I was too young. A lot of students who have older siblings can relate to this. This story teaches kids that size doesn’t always determine one’s ability to do things. This would make a good read aloud and I would recommend this book to a little boy who likes football.
Sports book about believing in yourself. Good to read at the beginning of the year community building.Could ask children to share things they are good at or like to do.
Ellis Marcelle
Ellis Marcelle marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Database marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2015
JWalton marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015