Start by marking “The Collected Jack London” as Want to Read:
The Collected Jack London

The Collected Jack London

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Jack London. The name brings to mind classic tales of adventure and conflict, of perilous journeys and exotic lands, and man's life and death struggle between the primitive and civilized. Sometimes thrilling and sometimes disturbing, the vision of Jack London has enthralled and entertained readers around the world for nearly a century.

In this, the first fully-rounded colle

Published September 15th 2000 by Barnes & Noble (first published July 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Collected Jack London, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Collected Jack London

Joseph Scanlan
What can I say--I'm a fan of the 'other' Jack. London's writing is kind of like a hybrid of Kerouac, Thoreau, Krakauer,and Twain. His stories are gathered from true accounts to fictitious stories based in the far-off places he's had adventurers. I love his early stuff--the short stories. There's a lot of youthful passion in his early writing that not many are aquainted with. When people hear 'Jack London', most think of 'Call of the Wild' or the short story 'To Build A Fire'. But there's sooooo ...more
Nicki
This is an excellent collection of both well-known short stories such as 'To Build a Fire' and other equally powerful yet little-known gems. Additionally, the short stories and novels are categorized into three sections THE NORTH, THE MAN, and THE SEA. I love how the novel "Martin Eden" is included in this version for it is often left out of compilations in favor of more popular novels such as White Fang, Call of the Wild, and The Sea-Wolf...which also happen to be included in this version as we ...more
Jarosik18
I read a few of these for my book club and they were so much better than I remembered them (from when I was a teen)! Very interesting. Master writer.
Aram
This is one of the writers I grew up with. I'd recommend him to every teen, especially boys! :)
mj
Fast 1000 pages.
Megargee
Just the ticket for cold winter reading.
angrykitty
like with hemingway, i'm not into london's novels as much as i'm into his short stories. i'm from minnesota, so there used to be many a snowy night i would read london and imagine that i was really in alaska.
Leonard Pierce
Huge and imminently serviceable collection of London's novels, memoirs and short stories, missing only his dystopian stuff.
Robert
One short story in this omnibus, "To Build a Fire", I found particularly engrossing.
Lynn Bullock
I learned more interms of recognizing the dark side of humanity and it's toils
Darin
Some of the best adventure storytelling i know of.
Christopher
Jan 04, 2013 Christopher rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Boys
Recommended to Christopher by: Gr 8 English "Ripping Good Yarn"
SS To light a Fire still a fav
Ali Reza
Ali Reza marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Praval Chaudhary
Praval Chaudhary marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Travis Wahlstedt
Travis Wahlstedt marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Robert
Robert added it
May 01, 2015
Claribel Hernandez
Claribel Hernandez marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Rick Kastelein
Rick Kastelein is currently reading it
Apr 27, 2015
Matthew
Matthew is currently reading it
Apr 10, 2015
Ashlynne
Ashlynne marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Adventureman
Adventureman marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Bats
Bats marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Hasan Almani
Hasan Almani marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Emily Tomasko
Emily Tomasko marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Aleksander Næs
Aleksander Næs marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
  • The Oxford Companion to English Literature
  • The Loss of the Ship Essex, Sunk by a Whale
  • The Complete Poems and Major Prose
  • The Complete Works of O. Henry
  • The Scribner Anthology of Contemporary Short Fiction: Fifty North American American Stories Since 1970
  • The Major Works
  • The Man Who Would Be King and Other Stories
  • Mister Roberts
  • Dead Names: The Dark History of the Necronomicon
  • The Life of the Blessed Virgin Mary
  • Priest, Volume 4
  • Good Ol' Snoopy (Peanuts Coronet, #3)
  • Dewdrops on a Lotus Leaf: Zen Poems of Ryokan
Jack London was an American novelist, journalist, social-activist and short-story writer whose works deal romantically with elemental struggles for survival. At his peak, he was the highest paid and the most popular of all living writers. Because of early financial difficulties, he was largely self educated past grammar school.

London drew heavily on his life experiences in his writing. He spent ti
More about Jack London...
The Call of the Wild White Fang The Call of the Wild/White Fang The Sea Wolf The Call of the Wild, White Fang and Other Stories