Heartache & Sin

Heartache & Sin

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Hard-driving and provocative, this unconventional love story will have audiences talking for weeks after reading. Charles Soto touches at the heart of humanity with this epic tale, tackling the hardships of abortion. Dissecting the tenderest parts of a mother's being, while destroying a father's conscience, Heartache and Sin starts where love, hate, murder and church colli...more
Published April 1st 2009 by Booksurge Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Heartache & Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heartache & Sin

Freda mans
Fantastic!
That is my last impression of the book. A wonderfully written story, and for a 400+ read, it went so fast. I got immersed deep in the book and was a little sad when it was over. It did leave me wanting a little more.
The characters were great. Though there is a bad guy in this book. Boy, do you hate him too! The other characters I loved. Especially Karen. Though at times, I wish she'd listened to her husband and not the preacher.
Mary was the one character I connected with. Coming from a...more
Bridget
Steven and Karen are ecstatic when they find out that are going to be parents. They believe in God and attend church on a regular basis and they have are firmly against abortion. They soon learn there is more to life than right and wrong. There is an in between. Karen is dying and the only thing that will help her survive is to do the one thing she actively protested.

Heartache and Sin is the type of book that touches you so deeply that you that it leaves a little piece of it with you. I doubt I...more
Gayle
REVIEW
This book is a different kind of read for me.It is an evil tale of how a preacher is willing to do anything to further his evil means. At first I had a hard time getting used to the author's writing style. I was about to give up, but forged on. I soon found out that this wasn't your normal love story. It's a story of faith, surviving, family and love. The book may make you stop and reflect on what your beliefs truly are on abortion and organized religion.

SETTING: North Dakota
Living a life...more
Jennifer Jensen (Literally Jen)
The plot itself is actually pretty good; however, the author's writing style and all the grammatical errors, punctuation mistakes, and misuse of several words made this book a complete failure.
Kelli (I'd So Rather Be Reading)
At first glance, I thought Heartache and Sin was going to be a Steel Magnolias type of story. However, it is much more than that. Heartache and Sin is as different from my usual reads as salt is from sugar. Charles Soto writes with the most unique style of writing I have ever read. His writing style took some getting used to---for the first 100 pages I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy the book because I was having trouble adjusting. I'll quote two passages to show you:

"Back at the compound of...more
Jackie
Charles Soto

Book Review of Heartache and Sin by Charles Soto
Karen and Steven Wheaton are married and Karen cannot have children because of her diabetes and this is heartache for Karen as a Christian woman. Karen’s mother has died from diabetes thus leaving no living relatives for her in her life with Steven but Steven’s family. Steven has two brothers his younger brother is called “Spider” and he smokes and doesn’t like the Christian church rules and is more of a rebel. Spider’s real name is (To...more
Cheryl "Mash"
HEARTACHE & SIN by Charles Soto
Published by BookSurge
ISBN-13: 978-1439202401
At the request of the author, a TPB was sent, at no cost to me, for my honest opinion.
Synopsis (provided from author): When diabetic Karen Wheaton learns she is pregnant, she is unable to come to grips with the effects the ripples of life within her will have on her body. She desperately wants to have a baby-perhaps even more than she wants to live. For her husband, Steven, there is no question. Steven loves his wif...more
From my book review blog Rundpinne..."Heartache & Sin by Charles Soto is an intense thrill ride filled with unforgettable characters and some the reader will want to forget, along with some extremely controversial issues which would lend well for a discussion group."...My full review may be read here.
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2011
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
May 27, 2010
Lina Shaik
Lina Shaik marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2010