Wit'ch Star Wit'ch Star

Wit'ch Star Wit'ch Star (The Banned and the Banished #5)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  2,113 ratings  ·  46 reviews
"Rarely has a young writer won a place among the major talents in fantasy fiction as quickly as James Clemens. In the first four novels of his breathtaking epic, The Banned and the Banished, Clemens has woven an ever-deepening spell of wonderment with his boundless imagination and matchless storytelling gifts. Now he brings his saga to a masterful and breathtaking climax a...more
Published November 26th 2002 by Del Rey Books

To ask other readers questions about Wit'ch Star Wit'ch Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wit'ch Star Wit'ch Star

Katie
Wit’ch Star is a worthy finale to a wonderful fantasy series. I cannot recommend it enough. The Banned and the Banished series never became repetitive, and the character development throughout the books is a pleasure to experience. Even the plot of these books remained fresh; Clemens is able to avoid some of the major pitfalls many fantasy authors unfortunately fall into when attempting epic fantasy. >Wit’ch Star is also one of the best conclusions to a series I have ever read; everything is...more
Nathan Burgoine
This is the final (fifth) book in the Banned and the Banished series, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Clemens is not afraid to put his characters through the wringer, and his early-on death of some of the major characters in earlier books leaves you astounded at the fragility of it all. Given that the story is also being told by someone else, many many many (like, immortal-many) years later, you also know that something semi-bad happens at the end already, but it might be the narrative voice's bitt...more
Donna
Good conclusion to the series. All the characters have their parts to play and there is a good buildup to the final battle. A new character was introduced although he didn't really feel very necessary. It did seem to end a little abruptly, but I confess to wanting to know how everybody's lives turned out; after five books I'd like to know everyone lived happily ever after. :)

I do like that the series actually does come to an end instead of just continuing forever. Remember when fantasy came out...more
Vodis
Ici s'achève notre histoire.

Et personne ne le regrettera, peut-être le génie de l'auteur consistait-il à nous donner envie de nous arrêter à ce stade de l'histoire... Si c'est le cas c'est réussi. Je n'ai pour ma part pas du tout envie de savoir ce qui est arrivé aux héros après la dernière page.

A vrai dire, je pense que l'histoire aurait pu s'arreter au tome précédent. A part les éléments concernant les métamorphe, et peut-être un peu le dénouement vis à vis de Tol Chuk, je trouve que ce tome n...more
Ashley White
Feb 23, 2014 Ashley White rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fantasy Lovers
The Conclusion to the Banned and Bannished series left me aching and breathless. The characters are purely human and emotion shines through even at the worst of times. You can't help but feel it all as intense moments are around every chapter, and magic and corruption springs off the pages.
The ending, although it was the final conclusion and you are left of no doubt there is no more left... still, blatantly tells you there is more. Something not yet spoken, something not yet happening, and you...more
Cyndie
Ce tome clos une série époustouflante ! On ne s'ennuie pas une seule seconde, on est à la porte du mal comme les personnages, en attendant la fin, une fin qui est loin d'être rose d'ailleurs (si vous passez l'expression).
Très bonne découverte, certainement une des meilleures série de fantasy.
Kai
What a fabulous series. All the bits that needed tying up were and everything made sense. It hurt when characters were killed off, but hey, that's the way it should be. I'm off to see what else Clemens has published. Have to say I'ma little sad I've finished this series.
Joann
I was so sorry to see this series end. I fall in love with the characters and just what it to go on forever. I may now have to read one of his other series.
Barefootinthedirt
Gripping to the very end. I was sorry to have finished. Luckily, I have managed to get my mom into the series :)
Shannon Wilson
The ending was a little outside of what I would expected, but I was definitely intrigued in it and enjoyed it.
(This review may contain spoilers).

I thought this was a good ending to the series. Not everything was perfect, but it all worked really well.

I was sad about what happened to some of the characters. I would have liked to see some sort of resolution with certain characters - Shorkan springs to mind. I almost wonder if he could have been made whole again... and what would have gone through his mind if so.

Tol'chuk has remained my favourite character throughout the series, though I liked a lot of oth...more
Caiti
Feb 18, 2013 Caiti rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Coffee table fantasy enjoyers
Without a doubt, I have to start this off by saying this is the best of the Banned and the Banished series. Something seemed to change between book 3 and book 4 - the writing had vastly improved and the characters were actually showing some semblance of depth and development. It was a refreshing uplift to the entire series.

Wit'ch Star followed through with that, and the writing quality - as far as it goes for this series - was very spot on. Obviously still not perfect - no writing is. But consid...more
Joel Flank
Clemens brings the Banned and the Banished series to a satisfying conclusion. After destroying 3 of the 4 weirgates that allows the dark lord to tap into near limitless power of a cosmic being, Elanna and her companions prepare to bring the final battle to him. Unfortunately, their plans are thrown into disarray when they learn they have little more than a month before his plans to corrupt the very lifeblood of the planet come to fruition.

As they scramble to gather sufficient forces to deal wit...more
Iben
Wit'ch Star is the conclusion to the five book series by James Clemens. It tells the reader how Elena, her friends and her armies attempt to free Chi and save the world from the Dark Lord.

I am quite taken with this series. Despite the plot not being original the way the books are written seems to make the story very unique.
I am not going to go into a lot of detail, seeing as if you have made this far you know how well the story flows and how the characters are well rounded.
A particular feature...more
Lizza11
En alweer het laatste deel van deze epische serie.
Net zoals in de vorige boeken gebeurde er weer erg veel, maar hield de schrijver het binnen de perken waardoor het verhaal altijd vlot en weer spannend bleef.

Bij sommige dingen vond ik alleen wel dat het nogal vaag bleef. Dat stuk met het stoom van de berg (met Sywen, Kast en Hunt) en dat met die bloem. Er zat in mijn ogen niet echt logica achter waarom dat opeens kon gebeuren. Maar goed, dat was ook niet storend ofzo, ik vroeg het me net opeens...more
Gea
Dit boek heb ik toch maar even gelezen voor Sneeuwwitje moet sterven van Nele Neuhaus aangezien mijn ereader leeg was en ik net op het punt stond naar bed te gaan. En zonder een paar bladzijden te hebben gelezen doe ik geen oog dicht. Dus dit boek maar even uit de kast gehaald. Hij was weer leuk maar ik moet eerlijk bekennen dat ik de vorige vier delen leuker vond. Hier kwamen weer behoorlijk wat legers in voor en oorlogsvoering en dat is niet mijn pakkie an. Dus weer een hoop geblader. Al met a...more
Adora
Un tome vraiment prenant et surprenant, mais qui m'a rendu mélancolique car j'ai dû laisser derrière moi cette bande de compagnons hors normes, hors pairs et hors du commun. La dernière pas a été celle que j'ai tourné le plus lentement histoire de retenir encore un peu les filaments qui me liaient à ce récit. Chaque saga a une fin, et chaque fin nous laisse un sentiment de manque, d'inassouvi, et ce fut le cas ici.
Merci Mr Clemens pour m'avoir fait vivre ces rebondissements et 'avoir pris au coe...more
Wendy
Enjoyed the last book in the series...up to the last chapter. A lot of loose ends were tied up, for better or worse. However there were some blatant open ends left so I was a bit surprised when the last chapter brought the story to an end where you find out who the 'immortal' narrator is and in a hasty rush, what happened to some of the other characters. I just think there could have been a more detailed conclusion for the characters. Other than that, it was a not stop roller coaster ride of fig...more
Vivian
After I finished this book, I couldn’t stop saying Oh… my… god. I can’t believe it. It was such an amazing book. I really, really didn’t like the way that Clemens kept on switching from story plot to story plot especially since he ended with a cliffhanger almost every single time. It got me disoriented for a few sentences until I could remember what happened chapters before. Clemens came up with a good conclusion but it wasn’t very satisfying because he ended the very last sentence of the book w...more
Kittae
This book started a lot more plaintive than previous ones in the series, and that began to worry me. But it held up so amazingly well. An underrated gem is the way people of this 'time period' talk about natural disaster, with little to no scientific language. I feel that the author knows the difference between non-scientific and 'primitive' speech. I absolutely loved it.
Arlith
I have to admit, I was a little disappointed in the way it was ended, there wasn't a good closure on what happened 'after', but it was on purpose. Though, I also did think that this series went on a little too long, at times it felt like it was being dragged out a bit. Still, a good read, and worth it to find out how it all works out.
Férial
A good ending to this series.

I don't really mind that we didn't have a bit of what-happened-to-them-after-the-war. We already know and guess much.

As for the narrator, I didn't see it coming lol I wouldn't have thought of him/her (no spoiler) being the one.
keri.
i forgot i hated the way this series ends -- it's too neat, and there was a character introduced in the last book that served NO POINT except to move plot in a slightly-clumsy way. and yet, true looooove prevails, and i'm always into that.
Brandi
I love this series it was fantastic it has everything you could want in an epic fantasy.
My only qualm is I could have done without all the apostrophes, I know it helped make the book different but it got kinda of ridiculous.
Caroline Soul
Brilliant series. Highly recommend it :-)
Lisa Isselée
Wonderful series !
I lived and breathed these books for years.
I loved the plot, the story, the details.
It are the books that got me into reading again.
These are definitely books with a lot of memories for me.
Tìbò Le dwàrìn
Ce cinquième tome est de loin le meilleur de la série.
De l'action en "non-stop", une avancée de l'histoire en continue jusqu'au dénouement final.
Une bien belle série qui s'achève.
Minnie
Een prachtig einde voor een prachtige serie. Echt, een heel mooi verhaal. Bij het vorige deel dacht ik dat het genoeg was, maar dit deel is beter. Het krijgt dan ook *****
H Hunt
Not done yet but again I don't want to sound like a sex fiend but if the relationships were more developed would make it have alot more teeth, more strength for the story.
  • The Fifth Sorceress (The Chronicles of Blood and Stone, #1)
  • Harp of Winds (Artefacts of Power, #2)
  • The Chalice (The Sword, the Ring, and the Chalice, #3)
  • Guardians of the Lost (Sovereign Stone, #2)
  • Last of the Wilds (Age of the Five, #2)
  • Requiem for the Sun (Symphony of Ages, #4)
  • Bridge of Souls (The Quickening, #3)
  • The Cursed Towers (The Witches of Eileanan, #3)
  • The Spirit Stone (The Silver Wyrm, #2) (The Dragon Mage, #5)
  • Noonshade (Chronicles of the Raven, #2)
  • The Born Queen (Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone, #4)
  • Wizard of the Grove (Omnibus: Child of the Grove / The Last Wizard)
  • Winter Warriors (Drenai Saga, #8)
  • A Man Betrayed (Book of Words, #2)
  • De erfenis van Richard Grenville (De verborgen universiteit, #1)
James Rollins and James Clemens are two of the pen names of American veterinarian Jim Czajkowski (born 1961), author of bestselling fantasy and action-packed adventure-thrillers. He sold his veterinary practice in Sacramento, California, to concentrate full-time on writing.

James is an amateur spelunker and a certified scuba diver. These pastimes provide much fodder for his novels, which are often...more
More about James Clemens...
Wit'ch Fire (The Banned and the Banished, #1) Wit'ch Storm (The Banned and the Banished, #2) Wit'ch War (The Banned and the Banished, #3) Wit'ch Gate (The Banned and the Banished, #4) Shadowfall (Godslayer Chronicles, #1)