Start by marking “Vanishing Act (Sisterhood, #15)” as Want to Read:
Vanishing Act (Sisterhood, #15)

Vanishing Act (Sisterhood #15)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  1,464 ratings  ·  84 reviews
When You're Lost, The Sisterhood Will Find You

For the women of the Sisterhood, planning a lavish reception for their longtime ally, attorney Lizzie Fox, at their lux mountain retreat is the ideal way to unwind after their latest successful mission. The only cloud over the happy occasion is that their mentor, Charles, is still mysteriously absent.

But amid the friendly bicke
Published January 1st 2010 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Vanishing Act, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vanishing Act

Cathy
Ms. Michaels has a series of books featuring the "Sisterhood." There have been about 15 novels so far. This is one of them and it brings me to a point I would like to make to writers of series books.
Chapter 1 introduces 16, count 'em, 16 characters by name. This was done in the first 3 pages. I was bombarded by these people; knew nothing about them at all. There was really no point in the book where all the relationships were explained, nothing about how all these people got together as vigilant
Heather  *trying to find a good book*
Sisterhood #15

The Sisterhood/Vigilantes Vs Identity theft ring

Harry Wong is just another victim of identity theft. They took everything, cleaned him out, forclosed his dojo...everything. However Harry has something other victims didn't have..an inside tract to the Vigilantes. If there was any question about the Sisters taking on this case then you haven't been reading the Sisterhood novels.

It is uncovered that Harry is just another of many in the area that this has happened too. Soon the ringlea
Cillapro
This book annoyed me as a new reader to the series...it can't be understood or enjoyed if you don't know the series. I found the characters to be one dimensional and silly. Come on... I know this is fiction, but really.Won't bother to finish or read the rest of the series.
Julie
I keep reading because she keeps writing them but the series lost it appeal after the first 7 books. I can read them in a day so that is why I guess I keep reading but really not worth it. :)
Nikki
Sep 12, 2009 Nikki rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: not sure that I would...
Another in the sisterhood series. Same formula, etc. Nothing new.....
Once again I am left to ask where this is all going, and when is it going to finally wrap up. Enough is enough!
Wendy Hines
The sisters are relaxing after their last successful mission when they are abruptly spurred into action.

Harry Wong, the true love of a Yoko, a member of The Sisterhood, is devastated. Everything he has meticulously worked for is gone. The bank foreclosed on his dojo and he is up to his eyeballs in credit card debt. Harry has always paid his bills in advance, so to be the victim of identity theft stuns him.

His friend, Jack Emory, makes a few phone calls and The Sisterhood is soon on the case. But
Margot
I read this book on the recommendation of my sister who has read the entire series. This book is number 15 in the Sisterhood Series.

Summery: It wasn't that hard to catch on to what was going on. Here's what I figured out: There is a group of women, known as the Sisterhood, who have done something so bad that they have to hide out at a mountainside retreat. Only a pardon from the president will allow them to be free. Money does not seem to be a problem. There are also a group of people in normal
Rhonda
It pains me to say it, as this is one of my favorite series, but at 216 pages I am not sure this book is worth the hardcover price. It was a quick read, and one could only wish that real life victims of identity theft were "made whole" in the same way the victims in this book were.

On the plus side, identity theft is an all-too-common crime and Fern Michaels handles it well. As always, she makes great use of the secondary string of characters. As an added bonus, one mystery was solved early in t
Kathy Davie
Fifteenth in the Sisterhood vengeance-suspense series revolving around a group of lady vigilantes seeking justice for those who fall outside the normal legal parameters.

My Take
I know! Who knew I'd ever give this series a "4". The topic certainly doesn't hurt. The writing is still juvenile but either the immature bits have been reduced or I'm just so happy about Charles' professionalism. The whole Keystone Kops routine was o-l-d. Charles and his merry men would do a much more efficient job just
Alison
I just love the Sisters, the vigilantes and how they ensure justice is served when the justice fails. Of course I don't agree with their taking the law into their own hands and being judge and jury. But sometimes, just sometimes, the good guy has to win. In this story, one of the boyfriends of a Sister finds himself homeless and penniless as a result of identify fraud. He is literally thrown out of his dojo with the clothes on his back and not allowed to take anything that belongs to him. He soo ...more
Deb
I've read about 17 of the books in the Sisterhood series and I'm sorry to say that they are beginning to get a little repetitious and a little goofy. I don't think I'm going to finish the series. The first several were very exciting and I couldn't wait to get to the next one but I had a hard time finishing Vanishing Act.
aem
While I did enjoy this book finally - it was my first time and in the middle of a series. Unfortunately for me, I was a bit lost as I was neither familiar with some of the nuances between characters since some of interactions seemed to be based on some past history.
Pat Baratta
15th in the Sisterhood, The Vigilantes series. I am a fan of Fern's and always enjoy her books, especially this series.

This time, Harry Wong, Yoko's [one of the Vigilantes:], boy freiend is a victim of an identity theft group. All his money, ie: bank accounts, C';s IRA's etc. are gone. His "dojo" has been foreclosed and he has been locked out with no where to go.

The tale spins about how the girls trap the culprits and restore Harry's good name. Along the way, other things transpire relative to t
Jeanette
Awesome! I really loved that this one's storyline was so current - identity theft and what it does to the person who's life is stolen. Harry Wong, Yoko's love and a fringe member of the Sisterhood has his identity stolen by an ID Theft Ring. Harry's Dojo was foreclosed on and padlocked with all his personal belongings inside. His bank accounts have been closed and "he's" racked up about half a million dollars in debt. This is a man who pays his bills a year ahead of schedule and only uses two cr ...more
Kem
I like these vigilante books. This one not the best, but I love all the characters. The "Tom foolery" was a little much and there could have been more serious detail and action.
Angeles
While I love a book that is a quick read, this was too ... rushed/perfectly timed/fairy tale perfect ending for me.

I don't like when everything just happens to be perfect no matter what. Life is messy, after all. While i love a fairy-tale ending, not the whole story can be that way and keep me interested. I also don't like when the writing feels rushed and crammed together sloppily, as this book does.

It may be that I would like the book more if I had become invested in the Sisters from book one
Mark Buehl
I generally like the Sisterhood books. I want to read them all and in order now and that is what I am doing. This book left me a little let down. It has a good story and all the normal Sisterhood things that make it a good series. But, other than one of the main characters returning, the story read like a public service message about identity theft. There was a little too much getting on the soapbox and too little of the Sisterhood stuff. Other than putting the bad guys in jail and returning the ...more
Carol  MacInnis
Jack Emery calls the sisters to advise them that Harry Wong, Yoko's love, has become the victim of an identity theft ring. His bank accounts have been closed as well as the dojo and he's been evicted. Yoko frantically tries to leave the mountain to get to her beloved, but the girls stop her so that they can regroup and make a plan for this, their next mission. With Charles still missing, the girls once again must take this mission on without his expertise.

I never tire of Fern Michaels' vigilante
Nfrank34711
I was determined to finish this book but it was really hard to follow. I would not recommend it.
Rhonda
It was ok .. got through it fast
Allen
#15 in this series, the theme is Identity Theft.
Julia
This book has an insane amount of characters. It is hard to keep track of every one and their relationships to each other. The central mystery about a gang of identity thiefs was interesting, but very convoluted. The efforts to find and capture the bad guys took a lot of people and a lot of coordination of activities. The book has a fantasy like atmosphere in that there appears to be an unlimited amount of money to carry out the Sisterhood's plans.
Cynthia
This is the first book of the Sisterhood that I have read. I don't know if it was me or the book but I really had trouble reading it. I usually really enjoy Fern Michaels but had some difficulty with this book. I think that I will have to try another "Sisterhood" book to see if that is what it was or if it was me. I have always enjoyed Fern Michaels so it will not stop me from reading her other stories.
azbookfan Hall
Love all of Fern's Sisterhood characters. Like J.D. Robb - you can't help but want to follow them as they grow. Unlike what other people think - I say don't judge the whole series by one book - some of these sisterhood books do not do well by themselves without having read prior books. You'll definitely want to give this series a chance - I think you'll find you like them.
Ksafford
Just checked it out at the Circ Desk. It's about a group of women who support each through life's trials and tribulations. Am hoping it will be enjoyable.
Well, I thought it was so stupid that I did not even get halfway through the book before stopping. I do like trying out new (to me) authors, but did not care for this book. Maybe another one by her would be better.
Jackye
I forgot I had read many of the sisterhood books last year. I was plesantly surprised that this was another one of them. I may need to find the missing ones and read them.

In this book, the sisterhood tracks down a couple stealing identities. It is a plot where a detailed plan to capture the criminals is formed and executed with side stories along the way.
Margaret
I couldn't get halfway through the first CD. I suppose if you've read the entire series beginning at the start, you might have an inkling what this strange book is aiming at. It was just weird. A bunch of bizarre women, queerly garbed, shreiking, crying, grabbing and shooting guns at the top (bottom?) of a mountain. Couldn't relate.
Zjourney
I'm getting pretty tired of such perfect, perfect people.... And it sounds like any more our author is getting her story lines off the evening news. I'm finding Charles & that whole dynamic annoying. I bristle with nearly everything about him. That probably has more to do with me & my attitude right now than anything.... maybe...
Beth
I love this series because the books are quick reads. I do suggest reading the books in order though because if you don't you will be very lost. (it's kind of like watching a soap opera and then missing a few episodes). I only give it three stars because there is no REAL revenge involved like in some of the other books.
Diane
I think it was a good story. Kept me interested the through the whole book.
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • Twilight Whispers
  • Kissing the Bride (Medieval, #4)
  • Star-Spangled Bride
  • Liar's Market
  • Flirting with Disaster (The Charleston Trilogy, #2)
  • Happy Endings
  • The Catholic Imagination
  • Man You'll Marry, The: The First Man You Meet and The Man You'll Marry
  • Taking a Stand
  • Where You Belong
  • Knock Out (FBI Thriller, #13)
  • The Accidental Florist (Jane Jeffry, #16)
  • Endless Chain (Shenandoah Album)
  • Legends Lake (Irish Castlelough Trilogy, #3)
  • Sympathy Between Humans (Sarah Pribek #2)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Sisterhood (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1)
  • Payback (Sisterhood, #2)
  • Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3)
  • The Jury (Sisterhood, #4)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)
  • Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)
  • Free Fall (Sisterhood, #7)
  • Hide and Seek (Sisterhood, #8) (Rules of the Game, #1)
  • Hokus Pokus (The Sisterhood: Rules of the Game, Book 2)
  • Fast Track
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3) The Jury (Sisterhood, #4) Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)