Start by marking “Where Women Create: Book of Inspiration: In the Studio and Behind the Scenes with Extraordinary Women” as Want to Read:

The Where Women Create brand—including the first book and a national magazine—has proven hugely popular, and this inspiring volume builds on that success. Showcasing the studios and work styles of both famous and well-worth discovering artists, Where Women Create: Book of Inspiration is a backstage pass to the insights, muses, and artistic practices of some of today's most ...more
Published April 6th 2010 by Lark Crafts (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Where Women Create, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Women Create

Haylee
Apr 27, 2013 Haylee rated it it was amazing
I love exploring others' creative spaces. And this book goes one step further in acquainting you with the artists and there inner creativeness while showcasing their studios. I love it.
Kristin
Jul 11, 2010 Kristin rated it really liked it
Fun! A good one to look at from time to time and daydream.
Chezon
Jun 05, 2017 Chezon rated it it was ok
It reads as if the author hung a flyer in her local Starbucks that read "female artists meet me here at 8pm". The artists she gathered all seem similar. What differs is what inspires them. But it's quickly overshadowed in their artsy harmony.

I miss the diversity this book could've offered. I'm an artist. I love my creative space. I couldn't wait to walk through these artists spaces. But, page after page, I was so bored and uninspired.
Marie Z. Johansen
Jul 13, 2010 Marie Z. Johansen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mixed-media-art
There is a subtitle to this book that is " In The Studio and Behind The Scenes With Extraordinary Women". The list of the creative women included in this book is impressive: Vickie Howell, Pam Garrison, Alisa Burke, Danita, Theresa McFayden, Joanna Figueroa, Angela Cartwright - as well as Jo Packham and jenny Doh - to name a partial list of the included amazing talent in the book!

Sometimes I tend to stay away from books and magazines that feature beautiful work spaces because I get jealous - I c
Angela
Professional crafters and creators share their inspirational studios. It was amazing, however, to see the likeness of style the author chose to populate her book, which conveniently gave it symmetry and ease of compilation. Fun, nonetheless.
Eileen
Jun 18, 2013 Eileen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So inspiring to pursue whatever your passion is, mine is quilting
Maleka
Sep 15, 2011 Maleka rated it really liked it
Inspirational. I would have liked to see a bit more diversity in artistic styles and aesthetic, but overall really fun to read.
Roxanne
Aug 16, 2011 Roxanne rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
A beautiful book that will make you want your own studio.
Liz Gonzalez
Aug 10, 2012 Liz Gonzalez rated it it was amazing
Shelves: design
This book is going to be on my shelf very soon. I discovered it at the library, but it is one I would keep and return to for years to come for inspiration and delight.
Laural Winter
Jun 02, 2011 Laural Winter rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arts-and-crafts
Excellent book! Gives insight on how creators design their studios. Also gives tips and tricks for crafting.
Diane
Sep 20, 2015 Diane rated it really liked it
Inspiring! I really like the tips for creative exploration. This will be staying on my bookshelf for a while.
Kylie
Kylie rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2010
Krystyna Salvetta
Krystyna Salvetta rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2014
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2014
Rosemary
Rosemary rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2014
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Liz Hockamier
Liz Hockamier rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2015
Deni
Deni rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2010
Sue
Sue rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2015
Kristoper Krause
Kristoper Krause rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2012
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
May 11, 2017
Michelle Shank
Michelle Shank rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2011
Mary Wescott
Mary Wescott rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2011
Joanne G.
Joanne G. rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2013
Lissy
Lissy rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2014
Xina54
Xina54 rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2017
Galina V
Galina V rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2011
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2012
Rose
Rose rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2015
Amber Adkins
Amber Adkins rated it it was ok
Jun 18, 2016