Start by marking “The Wolfe Proxy (Southern Beaus #2)” as Want to Read:
The Wolfe Proxy (Southern Beaus #2)

The Wolfe Proxy (Southern Beaus #2)

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  227 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Ruthless CEO Quinton Wolfe sets off every alarm on sculptor Max Bowman’s warning system. No way is that playboy getting near Max’s sister, the newest shareholder in Wolfe's multinational corporation. No matter Quint’s charming smile and sexy form, Max won't let his kid sister get taken in by that Lothario. Even if it means Max cuts a deal with Big Bad Wolfe himself.

And wha
Published February 2009 by Amber Quill Press

To ask other readers questions about The Wolfe Proxy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wolfe Proxy

Erotic Horizon
Aug 29, 2009 Erotic Horizon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quinton Wolfe has set his sights on being the majority shareholder in the company that has been in his family for a few generations – this was not to be when Max Bowman’s sister turns up with her own large slice of the company and Max is like a watchdog, on the look out for any and all move that Quinton will make against his sister.

And Quinton does make his move, but it is unexpected for them both – firstly Quinton makes a move against Max himself and Max accepts which Quinton did not anticipate
Elisa Rolle
Max is a not so struggling artist who lives as he likes: openly gay he has the reputation to be a good lover but not a constant one, he only does one night stand. So when his sister Jenn comes to live with him and she sets her eyes on Quinton, the CEO of the firm on which Jenn has a big shares, Max recognizes in him a twin soul, only the "straight" version: Quinton is famous in the city to be the most wanted bachelor, but he is never serious with his conquests. Since Jenn is a very nice girl, in ...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Totally sweet and sappy! of course I love sweet and sappy!
Anyway, Quint is supposed to be this big bad corporate CEO, I never really saw it, but ok, of that's who he is supposed to be, and then there is Max the slutty and jaded artist.
Max thinks Quint is going to use his sister to gain advantage, so instead he goes along with the proposal Quint makes to him so he will leave poor Jenn alone.
Still not sure about Jenn, why the need to make her out as such a fluff head and then as a great thinker!?
Lily
Quinton Wolfe is not very happy when he realizes a big part of his company has been given to Jennifer Bowman. When he discovers that Jennifer wants to take an active role in the company he decides to take action, personal action. However, her brother Max, isn't about to let anything, or anyone, mess with his sister. Quint, hoping to get rid of Max, offers him a proposition and is utterly shocked when Max takes him up on it. Determined to not back out Quint soon finds himself in bed with Max and ...more
Chris
Jul 27, 2011 Chris rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, gay, done, 2010, ebook
1.5 stars. While the storyline for this m/m romance had potential, the intermittently overdone writing kept pulling me out of the story as I flinched at particularly florid phrasing. Add insta-love, and… *sigh*
Zuyuan
Nov 14, 2010 Zuyuan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Take a break from this story, maybe finish it later. I felt the main protagonist were too emotional and the the dialog were too designed.
Cherie Noel
Jul 29, 2010 Cherie Noel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fecking Brilliant!! This one is a must read!!
CB
Sep 09, 2013 CB rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining read. The 2nd in a series. You do not need to read the first book as the stories do not have anything to do with each other yet; however, they do intertwine later in the series so you should read them all in order if you plan to buy more. I've read all 4 that are now out and enjoyed them all.

This book has some hot characters suffering through some angst. I found them lovable, entertaining and sexy.
Joy
Jan 19, 2012 Joy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Starts out as a sort of m/m Harlequin presents, only with, you know, men. However, once the couple has a conflict (the Big Misunderstanding), one of them turns into a wet dishrag. I think this is sort of the m/m equivalent of an Elizabeth Rolls romance! I liked it although it wasn't really all that great, because I like it when an author makes their romance protagonists totally miserable.
ElaineY
Nov 27, 2010 ElaineY rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this more than I expected to though it took me awhile to warm up to Quinton. I'm not sure I like him all that much even though, in the end, he "remembered" where his priorities lay. Most memorable bit in this book, though, is my noticing this character, Bolt Truitt. I have Tensaw Blues but I might just take a detour and read Copperhead Road, Bolt's book.
Da'ad
Aw how sweet. I liked many parts (the angsty bits. And that first time shot and sweet). It stretched on and on though. I was hoping it would end far sooner, but it was satisfying after a bit, so in the end, that was ok. Too sappy though. True, everlasting love in a weekend? Pfft. Still, sweet, nicely angsty and entertaining all in all.
ElaineY
Read this back to back with the sequel, Tensaw Blues and enjoyed it. 3.5 stars. It's a pretty straightforward romance and when I came to the end, I was glad I waited for the sequel to come out before reading WP because on its own, WP is forgettable.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Mandy
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated 4 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Ms. Nikki
I'm wavering between 1* and 2**
I can't believe I finished. Determination and willpower people.

Olwes
May 26, 2011 Olwes rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
too much drama, too much baby talk. they're grown men, not 12 year old girls!
Edina Rose
Nice story. And the sequel is even better.
Paula
Dec 23, 2010 Paula rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastc!!!!!!!!!!
Nene
A sweet and angsty read.
Urska
Apr 09, 2011 Urska rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MAx made me cry...
Delena666
Oct 20, 2011 Delena666 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
[3.5 stars]
BITEthisBABY
Mar 26, 2012 BITEthisBABY rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
dnf
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Annaliesa
Annaliesa is currently reading it
Apr 15, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Silbenfresser
Silbenfresser rated it it was ok
Feb 21, 2016
chasity casiano
chasity casiano rated it it was ok
Feb 15, 2016
SH65
SH65 rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2016
Gulsevda
Gulsevda marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
  • Familiar
  • Healing Heart (Tales of Amaranth, #2)
  • Feeling Safe
  • Deadly Nightshade (Deadly Mystery, #1)
  • Sweet Giordan, Please Remember (Hearts in Reverie #1)
  • Jumping the Fence (OC Pride, #1)
  • When Irish Eyes Are Sparkling (O’Shaughnessys #2)
  • The Curtis Reincarnation
  • No Commitment Necessary (Encounters, #2)
  • Blind Desire
  • Chasing Winter (Warm Rush, #1)
  • Broken Bones, Mended Hearts
  • Pretty Man
  • In Bear Country
  • On Wings, Rising (Encounters, #1)
  • A Gay Romance (A Gay Series #1)
  • I Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore
  • A Sure-Fire Cure (Fire's Heat, #1)
T. D. McKinney was born with eclectic tastes. Author, artist, web designer - those tastes show in the careers she's chosen.

Growing up on the American Gulf Coast, she gained a great appreciation for all things Southern and a fascination with what the community around her termed the War of Northern Aggression. Frequent trips to New Orleans to visit relatives instilled an early love for that city and
More about T.D. McKinney...

Southern Beaus (4 books)
  • Portrait of a Kiss (Southern Beaus #1)
  • Copperhead Road (Southern Beaus #3)
  • Tensaw Blues (Southern Beaus, #4)