Start by marking “The Wolfe Proxy (Southern Beaus #2)” as Want to Read:
The Wolfe Proxy (Southern Beaus #2)

The Wolfe Proxy (Southern Beaus #2)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  223 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Ruthless CEO Quinton Wolfe sets off every alarm on sculptor Max Bowman’s warning system. No way is that playboy getting near Max’s sister, the newest shareholder in Wolfe's multinational corporation. No matter Quint’s charming smile and sexy form, Max won't let his kid sister get taken in by that Lothario. Even if it means Max cuts a deal with Big Bad Wolfe himself.

And wha
Published February 2009 by Amber Quill Press

To ask other readers questions about The Wolfe Proxy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wolfe Proxy

Erotic Horizon
Quinton Wolfe has set his sights on being the majority shareholder in the company that has been in his family for a few generations – this was not to be when Max Bowman’s sister turns up with her own large slice of the company and Max is like a watchdog, on the look out for any and all move that Quinton will make against his sister.

And Quinton does make his move, but it is unexpected for them both – firstly Quinton makes a move against Max himself and Max accepts which Quinton did not anticipate
Elisa Rolle
Max is a not so struggling artist who lives as he likes: openly gay he has the reputation to be a good lover but not a constant one, he only does one night stand. So when his sister Jenn comes to live with him and she sets her eyes on Quinton, the CEO of the firm on which Jenn has a big shares, Max recognizes in him a twin soul, only the "straight" version: Quinton is famous in the city to be the most wanted bachelor, but he is never serious with his conquests. Since Jenn is a very nice girl, in ...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Totally sweet and sappy! of course I love sweet and sappy!
Anyway, Quint is supposed to be this big bad corporate CEO, I never really saw it, but ok, of that's who he is supposed to be, and then there is Max the slutty and jaded artist.
Max thinks Quint is going to use his sister to gain advantage, so instead he goes along with the proposal Quint makes to him so he will leave poor Jenn alone.
Still not sure about Jenn, why the need to make her out as such a fluff head and then as a great thinker!?
Quinton Wolfe is not very happy when he realizes a big part of his company has been given to Jennifer Bowman. When he discovers that Jennifer wants to take an active role in the company he decides to take action, personal action. However, her brother Max, isn't about to let anything, or anyone, mess with his sister. Quint, hoping to get rid of Max, offers him a proposition and is utterly shocked when Max takes him up on it. Determined to not back out Quint soon finds himself in bed with Max and ...more
Amber Quill Press
"4.5 STARS!...Four characters create an intricate dance and counter-dance of understandings and misunderstandings. The mutual attraction between Max, who is very out, and Quint, who is not out at all, is instant and hot...If you like a complex tale with strongly-drawn characters who don't always do exactly as they should (or as you expect), then you will love THE WOLFE PROXY. I did."--Carole, Rainbow Reviews
1.5 stars. While the storyline for this m/m romance had potential, the intermittently overdone writing kept pulling me out of the story as I flinched at particularly florid phrasing. Add insta-love, and… *sigh*
Take a break from this story, maybe finish it later. I felt the main protagonist were too emotional and the the dialog were too designed.
Cherie Noel
Fecking Brilliant!! This one is a must read!!
An entertaining read. The 2nd in a series. You do not need to read the first book as the stories do not have anything to do with each other yet; however, they do intertwine later in the series so you should read them all in order if you plan to buy more. I've read all 4 that are now out and enjoyed them all.

This book has some hot characters suffering through some angst. I found them lovable, entertaining and sexy.
Starts out as a sort of m/m Harlequin presents, only with, you know, men. However, once the couple has a conflict (the Big Misunderstanding), one of them turns into a wet dishrag. I think this is sort of the m/m equivalent of an Elizabeth Rolls romance! I liked it although it wasn't really all that great, because I like it when an author makes their romance protagonists totally miserable.
I enjoyed this more than I expected to though it took me awhile to warm up to Quinton. I'm not sure I like him all that much even though, in the end, he "remembered" where his priorities lay. Most memorable bit in this book, though, is my noticing this character, Bolt Truitt. I have Tensaw Blues but I might just take a detour and read Copperhead Road, Bolt's book.
Aw how sweet. I liked many parts (the angsty bits. And that first time shot and sweet). It stretched on and on though. I was hoping it would end far sooner, but it was satisfying after a bit, so in the end, that was ok. Too sappy though. True, everlasting love in a weekend? Pfft. Still, sweet, nicely angsty and entertaining all in all.
Read this back to back with the sequel, Tensaw Blues and enjoyed it. 3.5 stars. It's a pretty straightforward romance and when I came to the end, I was glad I waited for the sequel to come out before reading WP because on its own, WP is forgettable.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Mandy
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated 4 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Ms. Nikki
I'm wavering between 1* and 2**
I can't believe I finished. Determination and willpower people.

too much drama, too much baby talk. they're grown men, not 12 year old girls!
Edina Rose
Nice story. And the sequel is even better.
Absolutely fantastc!!!!!!!!!!
A sweet and angsty read.
MAx made me cry...
Dajana marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
Minkle marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Kylie Smith
Kylie Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
  • Familiar
  • Chasing Winter (Warm Rush, #1)
  • Deadly Nightshade (Deadly Mystery, #1)
  • Sins of Arrogance (Creatures of Sin, #1)
  • Jumping the Fence (OC Pride, #1)
  • Healing Heart (Tales of Amaranth, #2)
  • The Obsolete Man
  • Feeling Safe
  • Blind Desire
  • Sweet Giordan, Please Remember (Hearts in Reverie #1)
  • Unveiled (Master Chronicles, #2)
  • On Wings, Rising (Encounters, #1)
  • Painting In The Rain
  • Broken Bones, Mended Hearts
  • Pretty Man
  • An Inconvenient Hankering
T. D. McKinney was born with eclectic tastes. Author, artist, web designer - those tastes show in the careers she's chosen.

Growing up on the American Gulf Coast, she gained a great appreciation for all things Southern and a fascination with what the community around her termed the War of Northern Aggression. Frequent trips to New Orleans to visit relatives instilled an early love for that city and
More about T.D. McKinney...

Southern Beaus (4 books)
  • Portrait of a Kiss (Southern Beaus #1)
  • Copperhead Road (Southern Beaus #3)
  • Tensaw Blues (Southern Beaus, #4)
Kissing Sherlock Holmes A Matter of Necessity Portrait of a Kiss (Southern Beaus #1) Copperhead Road (Southern Beaus #3) Solitude & Sea Glass