Start by marking “Heidi (Kisah Klasik Yang Menginspirasi Anak-Anak dan Orang Tua Sepanjang Masa)” as Want to Read:
Heidi (Kisah Klasik Yang Menginspirasi Anak-Anak dan Orang Tua Sepanjang Masa)

Heidi (Heidi #1-2)

3.97  ·  Rating Details ·  153,832 Ratings  ·  2,614 Reviews
Sejak kecil, Heidi yang yatim piatu tinggal bersama Bibi Dete. Namun, saat berusia 4 tahun, ia harus tinggal dengan kakeknya di sebuah pondok terpencil di pegunungan Alpen. Paman Alm, begitulah ia dipanggil, memang aneh. Jika anak-anak lainnya bersekolah maka Heidi hanya tinggal di rumah dan asyik menggembala bersama Peter di padang rumput. Alasan Paman Alm sederhana, ia t ...more
Paperback, Indonesian Translation
Published January 22nd 2010 by Bentang Pustaka (Mizan Group) (first published 1880)

To ask other readers questions about Heidi, please sign up.

Samiha Sauda, I guess you haven't read the book.
Sauda, I guess you haven't read the book.
Rashmi, yes she does, one of the greatest adventures in children's literature in my opinion. Read the first few pages of the book and you'll be drawn in, I can guarantee you that! (less)
Maryam You mean Bridget right? Bridget said that she has black hair and black eyes, she looks like Tobias (i hope i said his name right) and Adelhied, her…moreYou mean Bridget right? Bridget said that she has black hair and black eyes, she looks like Tobias (i hope i said his name right) and Adelhied, her parents. (less)

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Heidi, a Swiss book originally published in German in 1881, was one of those books I grew up with: my mother had a simplified, abridged version of it that I read many times and loved as a child. When I realized the GR group "Catching up on the Classics" was doing it as a group read, I jumped in, excited for the chance to revisit Heidi and her simple, joyous life in the Swiss alps with her grandfather.

description

Heidi, a 5 year old orphan, has been raised by her mother's sister Dete, who resents the imposit
K.D. Absolutely
Aug 15, 2009 K.D. Absolutely rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to K.D. by: 501 Must Read Books (Children's)
Shelves: 501, childrens
Heidi's Ten Life Enriching Lessons for Grownups:

I normally read children's books during Christmastime. Not only to catch up with my Reading Challenge (I am behind by 10 books as of this writing), but also, most of children's books have life lessons that can be good reminders for the coming year. New Year always means new beginning, new hope. Do you remember when you were still in school and after reading a story in class, the teacher asked you what was the lessons you learned from it? So, in thi
notgettingenough
Mostly during primary school my chosen prospective career was saint.

Ah, but then there was the period where I discovered Heidi and as I read and reread it a bunch of times, I most fervently wanted to become a goatherd, with all that this entailed. The bell. The sleeping snuggled into warm hay in the attic. The eating of too much cheese.

So taken was I with the idea of Switzerland that when we were asked, about grade 6, where we were going for the term holiday, I – who had never been on a holiday
Katie
Jun 12, 2008 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Chilren, adults, adults reading to children
Recommended to Katie by: Grandma
Thanks to all the bowdlerized, Disneyfied stupidifications it's been through, poor old Heidi's story gets a bum rap. In fact, Heidi is no sap, and more to the point, her friend Clara with the wheelchair is no timid Victorian dying violet. Somebody plonked this great big book in my lap when I was seven years old, a good reader, and in need of something heavy to hold me down on a long car trip. It worked; it took me off from my flat prairie summer to a land of purple mountain peaks and jumping goa ...more
Stephanie
A heartwarming classic children's book that is meaningful for adults...

I loved Heidi as a child. This book was a dog-eared favorite! I did enjoy revisiting this book recently as part of a group read, as an adult. However, I do think that the magic of the book is best for children. I will fully disclose that 1 of the stars is completely nostalgic!

What I loved:
* The beautiful descriptions of the setting -- the Alps in Switzerland
* The fact that Heidi had such a positive impact on those around her
Elizabeth
Heidi is a basic white girl with a fondness for mountain air and goats.
Dhanaraj Rajan
I cried a lot out of happiness reading this book....................

The tears flowed out of my eyes without me noticing them...........

The story begins well and is lively and after certain chapters (after the first half, to be precise), the novel contains only pure and innocent happiness. Each chapter in the second half gets better and the happiness begins and flows through the chapters making the reader very sentimental and longing for such lovely landscapes, friendships, relationships, and hap
Kathleen
FREE good-quality audio recording of Heidi, narrated by Kara Shallenberg:

Heidi is a childhood favorite.

All the evils of the world might be cured by mountain air, kindness, and goat's milk.

Vividly descriptive. Just whisk me to the Swiss Alps, bright with myriad blossoms, fragrant with fir and pine, alive with birdsong. The blessings of nature surround, the sun shines down all around, and never an unkind sound.

Heidi is five — pale and small — when she fi
edge of bubble
About halfway around the book, I remembered reading it, in Turkish, years ago. Turkish translation of it was a bit different, if my memory serves me. For once, while there were mentions of God and how good He is etc, religious preaching was not as prominent.

I stumbled upon similar deviations at White Fang, which is one of my favourite books. Reading it in English was like hearing a memory from someone else's perspective. Familiar at core ,but WTF is he talking about at the same time. In Turkish
Sura  ✿
هــايدي ♥

يبدو أن قصص اطفال القرن التاسع عشر هي الافضل , و اظن انه من الظلم ان نصنفها ضمن قصص الاطفال , فهي تصلح لكل الاعمار وفيها من الدروس الانسانية البليغة .
حسنت مزاجي بل و أِشعرتني ببهجة في الوقت الذي لم تتمكن من ذلك ثلاث كتب اخرى .

" النجوم تلمع لانها تعيش فوق في السماء و سعيدة , ثم تومىء لنا لانها تريد لنا السعادة ايضاً . اتعلمين ؟ ان الله يصلح كل شسء بحيث لا يكون ثمة داع للقلق . فكل شيء سيكون على ما يرام في النهاية "
Tracey
Jun 04, 2012 Tracey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, children, 5-star
My two favorite aunts gave me Heidi when I was eight years old. I don't know if it was Christmas or birthday; all I know is I have them to thank not only for this but for Anne of Green Gables (and my very favorite stuffed bear Snowball), bless their names forever. As with Anne, I read Heidi over and over (and over), and followed up with some of the sequels from the library, and loved it dearly; unlike with Anne, though, I haven't read Heidi in many years. The Goodreads Kindred Spirits group chos ...more
Samra Yousuf
Sep 06, 2016 Samra Yousuf rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is a girl who lives in highlands and drinks milk and eats cheese daily.......
What can else a happy life be?
She lays under vast blue and wanders in alps,walks in greenery with a bucket........
What can else a happy life be?
She befriends a lad who is goat-herd and lives n neighboring.......
What can else a happy life be?
She is Heidi and she is happy.

Inés Izal
May 02, 2017 Inés Izal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lectura-escolar
¡Abuelito dime tú!
Jim
Very similar theme to The Secret Garden - fresh air & country kid causes incredible cure in rich invalid kid. The parenting is slightly better, but still quite distant. Overall, the story read more like an outline most of the time. The characters weren't very deep, although there was an air of mystery about several which attempted to make them more interesting. Worked a bit for some. Most were just caricatures, though. The ending was predictable.

The main character was a cheerful chatterbox
Jeanette  "Astute Crabbist"
My sister and I were so enamored of this book when we were little. With that in mind, I'll let my four-star rating stand. However, I recently ran across a copy of the book and thought it might be fun to read it again after all these years. Nostalgia and all that, right? I was sickened by the over-the-top flowery writing. Gaaaaag me with syrupy sentiment! I was also surprised by all the gooey religious references, which I didn't remember AT ALL from my childhood readings of it. I don't object to ...more
Taha
Jan 08, 2017 Taha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2016'da sonunda 100 kitap hedefimi tutturmamın ardından çıtayı yükseltip yeni yılda "100 kitap 100 çizim" gibi bir hedef koydum kendime. Bu da ilk denemem:
description
Her okuduğum kitabın ardından bunun gibi bir çalışma yapmaya çalışacağım. Böylece sevdiğim ilgi alanları olan kitap ve çizimleri bir araya getirmiş olacağım.
Yılın sonunda bu hedefimi gerçekleştirdiğimi görmek veya yarıda kalan hedefimle dalga geçmek isteyenler instagramda BURADANtakip edebilirsiniz:) Ayrıca linki profilimde de var.
NOT: Heid
Kiwi
Dec 17, 2014 Kiwi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-ya, classics
A children classic which made me want to take a trip to the Alps, drink fresh milk and eat toasted goat cheese. Extra star for nostalgia too :)
booklady
Reading a children’s classic as an adult can be a trip down memory lane, but it can also be something of a disappointment … well sort of. My recent reread of Heidi was a little of both. It was wonderful to revisit this old childhood favorite. It brought back many very happy memories and I did indeed experience something of that wonder of that first encounter all those years ago.

The book, Heidi, represents—for me—a place or anyway a sense of place. It is the Swiss Alps. It was my introduction to
Rikke
Oct 13, 2014 Rikke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I was 8 years old I had a best friend. Whenever we had a sleepover we would find some of her picture books and flip through them before bedtime. One of my favorite stories was the one about Heidi; the pictures of the beautiful, blonde girl living in the mountains among goats and pretty flowers captured me. I really adored the story and I still remember some of the pictures.

I did not think that I would remember the story. After all, I had never actually read the book, just looked at the colo
Naji Albarri
Jan 30, 2016 Naji Albarri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
حسناً يا هايدي، أنا اليومَ أسعد مما أستحق.
أسعد مما كنتُ أتخيله ممكناً.
من الجيد أن أكون في سلامٍ مع الله ومع الأصدقاء.
كان الله كريماً معي عندما أرسلكِ إلى كوخي...

من منا لا يتذكر هايدي ذلك المسلسل الكارتوني القديم؛ هايدي تلك الطفلة ذاتَ الخمس سنوات عندما كُتبَ لها أن تعيش مع عجوزٍ غامضٍ يتجنبُ مخالطة الناس، وينسجون عنه الحكايات والقصص لانزوائه عنهم أعلى الجبل بعد أن تخلت عنها خالتها ديتي... لقد غيرت كل ما حولها بصفاء قلبها وبراءة مشاعرها...
أعادت الحياة لقلب الرجل العجوز، وجعلت بيتر وعائلته يشعرون
Magrat Ajostiernos
3,5/5
#NostalgiaTime
Clasicazo de la literatura infantil que creo que todos los que hayamos visto de peques su adaptación animada sabremos disfrutar.
Una historia para niños de las de antes, con bastante moralina y una presencia de la religión hacia el final demasiado pronunciada para mi gusto... y aún así me parece un libro delicioso y enternecedor, de esos que te hacen reír y llorar con sus adorables personajes.
Me quedo sin duda con la genial Heidi (una heroína infantil de la talla de Anne Shirle
Dyuti
Mar 18, 2012 Dyuti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dyuti by: My father
Shelves: children

This was one of those rare books which instilled in me the gift of imagination, and taught me how to dream...

Dreams

I believe it requires great skill to weave magic for generations, armed with nothing but a simple, heart touching plot and oodles of feel-good-factor! And Johanna Sypri is one such skilled author.

The story flows thus: Heidi, an orphaned little girl, goes to live in the Alps with her grandfather. She is the personification of innocence and gaiety. Living on goat milk, and grazing the herds
AGamarra
Nov 25, 2016 AGamarra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, clásicos
Heidi y la historia del Abuelo de los Alpes. Ya le tenía un gran cariño a la obra sobre todo por la última película del 2015 extraordinaria. Había leído algunos fragmentos de niño pero nunca la obra completa.
El estilo quizás no es el más extraordinario ni el argumento muy profundo pero la historia y el personaje de Heidi es entrañable.
Heidi o Adelaida, huérfana a muy temprana edad tras vivir con su tía Dete es llevada a vivir con su abuelo, el cual desde hace mucho vive apartado del pueblo de Do
Tamra
Apr 10, 2009 Tamra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who's thinking about being a hermit in the Swiss Alps--take me with you!
Shelves: own-currently
I never read this book as a kid. It sounded too girly. But it's a classic, so gave it a shot.

It's a slower read, for normal juvenile lit--owing to the fact, I'm sure, that it was written more than 100 years ago. Compared to other things I've read from the same time period, the book is a page turner! And it's a page turner compared to most of the adult fare I read, too. But it's not a lightweight book in terms of wordiness, length, and descriptions.

It does have a good dose of religion, but Spyri
Sara
Jan 23, 2015 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children and those who have small children
Shelves: bingo-2016
This is the second time recently that I have gone back to revisit a book from my childhood. I think it might be the last. I find that for the most part my distant memories of these books are more pleasing than the reality of reading them at such an advanced age.

This book was sweet, but very unrealistic and unsatisfying. The child is too good, the characters too underdeveloped and the miracle too preposterous for my adult tastes. I think I will leave all the other childhood books that beacon my
Rowena
I love,love,love this book!One of my childhood favourites. Despite the fact that I hate milk, reading this book always made me wish I could live on a farm and drink fresh milk every day. I also wanted to have a bed of hay in the loft, never thought of how itchy it might get!
Manybooks
Johanna Spyri's Heidi is a novel that is not only an enduring classic (first published in 1881, still going strong, a perennial favourite, and still remarkably enjoyable), but also one of those books that can be read and perhaps even should be read on a multitude of different and equally rewarding levels. As with many children's classics I consider personal favourites, my review will consist of primarily musings and detailed analyses of certain parts and aspects of the narrative. I will also pro ...more
Mai Laakso
Sveitsiläisen Johanna Spyrin (1827-1901) kirjoittama Pikku Heidi-kirja on julkaistu ensimmäisen kerran vuonna 1881. Ensimmäisen kerran olen lukenut kirjan hyvin pienenä tai sitten se on minulle luettu. Varsinkin äitini nuorin sisko oli innokas lukemaan minulle kirjoja. Sarjan kirjoista on tehty myös elokuvia, jotka katsoin pienenä. Heidi on orpo tyttö, jota hänen äitinsä sisko on hoitanut, mutta ei pystynyt enää hoitamaan, joten hän vei Heidin tämän isoisän luokse alppitunturille.
Joissakin kir
Cheryl
Oct 22, 2016 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Omg. Surprisingly enchanting and accessible, and less twee and saccharine than expected.

Ok, as far as I recall, I've never actually read this before. I do love the art of Tomi Ungerer so when I had a chance to pick up a copy of this edition, ISBN 0385302444, I thought it'd be fun. And, once I realized that Ungerer was doing an entirely different kind of work than I've seen before, and got used to it, I loved it.

Now I did have a thrill of recognition at the very beginning, in which Dete has Heidi
Judy
THE SUNDAY FAMILY READ
Heidi was one of my most read books as a child. I think our family owned it so I could just pick it up and read it whenever I wanted to. I remember being entranced by the fact that Heidi's aunt made her wear ALL her clothes so there would be nothing to carry on the journey to Grandfather. It was a hot spring day when Heidi made that first climb up the mountain to her grandfather's cabin. I felt sorry for her being so over-dressed but I knew right away that the aunt was a "b
Please fix - No Heidi series in English 2 6 Mar 31, 2017 06:29AM
Catching up on Cl...: Heidi - SPOILERS 44 110 Dec 20, 2016 11:14AM
Catching up on Cl...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Heidi -- Buddy Read 43 101 Dec 20, 2016 10:30AM
Around the World ...: Discussion for Heidi 14 67 Jul 19, 2016 04:21AM
Catching up on Cl...: Heidi - NO Spoilers 70 99 Jul 16, 2016 05:36AM
What is your favorite, movie or book? 13 82 Jun 14, 2016 09:17PM
  • Pollyanna (Pollyanna, #1)
  • Heidi's Children (Heidi sequel, #3)
  • Betsy and the Great World (Betsy-Tacy, #9)
  • Hans Brinker, or the Silver Skates
  • Little Lord Fauntleroy
  • What Katy Did at School (Carr Family, #2)
  • Eight Cousins (Eight Cousins, #1)
  • Lassie Come-Home
  • The Railway Children
  • Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm
  • Pippi in the South Seas
  • Star of Light
  • Five Little Peppers and How They Grew
  • A Girl of the Limberlost (Limberlost, #2)
  • The Black Stallion (The Black Stallion, #1)
  • Emil and the Detectives
  • The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse
Johanna Spyri was an author of children's stories, and is best known for Heidi. Born Johanna Louise Heusser in the rural area of Hirzel, Switzerland, as a child she spent several summers in the area around Chur in Graubünden, the setting she later would use in her novels.

Johanna Spyri geb. Heusser. Die Tochter eines Arztes und einer pietistischen Lyrikerin wuchs als viertes von sechs Kindern in ei
More about Johanna Spyri...

Heidi (2 books)
  • Heidi
  • Хайди и Клара (Heidi, #2)

24 trivia questions
1 quiz
More quizzes & trivia...
“I want to go about like the light-footed goats.” 524 likes
“I'll always say my prayers...and if God doesn't answer them at once I shall know it's because He's planning something better for me.” 120 likes