The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)

The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  178 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The Smithsonian is the most famous museum in the world. The money to build it was given to Washington, D.C., over a hundred years ago, but now one man is claiming that money should be his. KC and her friend Marshall think they can prove Mr. Fisher is a big liar. But if they are wrong, the Smithsonian will belong to him!
Library Binding, 86 pages
Published August 26th 2003 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Skeleton in the Smithsonian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Skeleton in the Smithsonian

Tomoya Sugiyama
① CAPITAL MYSTERIES, RANDOM HOUSE, RL: 2.7
② 5/30 = 30min. 5/31 = 50min.
③ KC, MARSHALL, president, museum, secret, Skeleton, surprise
④ "I love surprises!"
I like this sentence. This is last sentence in the story said by KC. KC and MARSHALL experienced frightening experience that was kind of horror, but she thought that "I love surprises!", and MARSHALL maybe though too. I felt that children's curiosity is super!!!
⑤ Actually, I couldn't understand the story well. It was difficult. It was not about...more
Sue
#20
Title: The Skeleton at the Smithsonian
Author: Ron Roy
Genre: Young Adult, Mystery

Challenges: To Be Continued…Challenge, 101 Books in 1001 Days Challenge, Book Around the States Challenge, A to Z Reading Challenge, 2009 Support Your Local Library, 20 Books in 2009, 2009 Second Chances, Pages Read Challenge, 2009 YA Challenge, Summer Vacation Reading Challenge 2009, The Four Month Challenge, What’s In a Name 2009

Rating: 4/5
No. of Pages: 96
Published: 2003

From the back:
When Leonard Fisher claims...more
Laura Phelps
I really enjoyed this book and, more importantly, so did my little sister. I found it better than the previous book, Kidnapped at the Capital.

So, KC and Marshall are eating lunch with President Zachary Thornton when a man and his lawyer come in, claiming that he is the heir to the Smithsonian fortune. They agree to check the DNA, but KC doesn't trust the man. She and Marshall follow him and try to find out what he's up to, putting themselves in danger.

Now, what I felt really stood out to me abou...more
Takahiro Yamada
THE SKELETON IN THE SMITHSONIAN - CAPITAL MYSTERIES- Lv.3.5
60 minutes
pizza- president- DNA- money- grave- suspecting- chasing
I liked the sentence, "you're allergic to flowers".
When I read this sentence at first, I didn't care for this sentence, but when I read chapter 5, I noticed the meaning of it. It was a mice expression.

Actually, I couldn't finish reading this book, but it was not so difficult to read. Also, characters are very unique. I'd like to experience like them.
Amara
Now that's more like it! This installment brings back the Ron Roy plots I recognize: a simplistic yet enjoyable mystery aimed at children and utterly devoid of any inexplicable science fiction elements. It's also the installment that sets the Capital Mysteries series up on the path it'll follow through the subsequent books.

In The Skeleton in the Smithsonian, a man named Leonard Fisher and his attorney, Mr. A. C. Rook (ain't it punny, guys? ...guys?), claim that Fisher has recently discovered him...more
Nobies57
This is the third in a series of extremely readable and nicely paced mysteries all taking place in the capital area. KC's mom is dating the president, giving these two kids a slight advantage over most at getting in and out of predicaments around the DC area. It also gives the reader lots of fantasy leeway in dreaming what it would be like to be a kid in the white house.
Anyway the story....Leonard Fisher (funny because that's my friend's name) is claiming to be the heir of James Smithson and wou...more
Dolly
Jan 30, 2010 Dolly rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We are enjoying the Capital Mysteries series, but this wasn't our favorite. Our girls seemed to get bored with the story right away. We finished the story more out of determination than interest, but we will continue the series; perhaps the next one will be better. I think our girls liked the "A to Z Mysteries" so much that it's hard to recreate that kind of magic with a new series.
Elizabeth
Good chapter book about student detectives Marshall and K. C. (Katherine Christine) who live close to the President of the US (and know him) and help him to solve a mystery in the Smithsonian. Good, fast paced, part of the Capital Mysteries series.
Atlantis
This book was alright-I don't know if it is an "all time favorite" but I liked the fact that it incorporated history and fun facts for kids in a simple and entertaining way. Another book on my son's summer reading list!
Jenette
Read this book to my kids. Liked how the story flowed and kept our interest. I think this would make a great movie! Author did a good job of mixing fiction and non-fiction together to create and interesting story!
Payton
There is this guy who says that he was supposed to get the money because he was a relatives to this guy who said if he didn't have any heirs he would give the money to the president.
Amy
Another fantastic tale in the Capital Mysteries series, this book is about a mystery surrounding the Smithsonian.
Sydney
when this guy claims that the smithsonian is his.k.c. and mitchell think there's something fishy going on.
Deanna
This book is about a criminel and two children trying to figer out what he is up to.
Andrea Labonte
These books are getting even more interesting as i go on reading more.
Morgan
Anya
Anya added it
Jul 27, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Sandra Pfeifer
Sandra Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Aracely
Aracely marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...
The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1) The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2) The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9) The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3) The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)