Start by marking “Heaven Sent (Goddesses, #1)” as Want to Read:
Heaven Sent (Goddesses, #1)

Heaven Sent (Goddesses #1)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  128 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Three goddesses, banished to earth by their dad, Zeus (yeah, that Zeus)...Era, on mortal boys: "Look at him. Even the gods back home aren't that cute."

Polly, on Nova High gossip: "I'm simply not in the mood to chatter on about silly spiteful girlsor cute Johnny Jims or sauerkraut breath."

Thalia, on earth: "I mean, we don't know what earth is like. Maybe it's all leprechaun...more
Published June 9th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published February 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Heaven Sent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heaven Sent

Nicole De Granda
The Goddesses book series by Clea Hantman were possibly on of my favorites when I was a young teenager. I believe I re-read this series about four times. I found this book at the book fair when I was in elementary school and once I had finished I begged my father to get me the rest of the books in the series which he did with trouble since they were hard to find.
Nicole
This juvenile/pre-teen series is beyond adorable. Its twist on the classic mythology keeps the young reader guessing. I absolutely loved the first two books when I was in elementary/middle school, and I'm only now finishing the series as an adult.

Even coming back to it years later, this series has some awesome attitude and a tone perfectly suited to its audience. The Furies' poems are funny and clever, Thalia's voice is distinct and fun to read, the plot (despite some shallow points) is light an...more
Grace
An innocent, sweet, elementary school on three goddesses sent to Earth by their father Zeus after an accident they caused. It's interesting to see the pure outlook they have on Earth and it's society and their human-like reactions when the worst happens. It's a cute book. I liked it.
Ashley
Jul 07, 2010 Ashley is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This Book Is About How You Sould Learn How To Be On Your Own. And Also Learn How To Stop Being Selfish And How To Think Before You Act.Polly,Era, and Thalia Are Put Up To This Challenge When There Father Zeus Sent Them Down To Earth From Heaven.They Need To Learn How To Sometimes Solve There Own Problems.Also They Need To Learn How To Think On There Own.They Learn Alot On Earth. And They Also Start To make Some New And Better Decisons.But It Will Be Hard,But I Think They Can Make It.
Andrea Chavez
#2. Goddesses by Heaven Sent was an amazing book because it shows you that it doesn’t matter how you are, you always have to be yourself. Also when Zeus sent his daughters from heaven to earth it shows me that there is going to be a time when I have to take care of my own and that I have to learn how to be responsible. Also that no matter how hard you think your life is there is always a solution for every problem.
mara pina
Okay I liked this one. Didn't think I would since I don't go in for contemporary YA, but this one was a little different in that our high school heroines are banished goddesses from several thousand years in the past. They now have to figure out how to survive high school while each fulfilling their tasks before they can return to Olympus. Very cute. I'll read more in the series.
Sandie
This book is for young readers, mostly likely middle school to maybe freshman readers. Its a cute story and while I had a hard time getting into from the beginning as I read more I enjoyed the story more. I like that its a little series of books, but not sure that I will be looking for book 2 anytime soon.
Megan
I loved the first book of this series. The three teenage goddesses portrayed in it are simply hilarious. As if suddenly living on their own in the mortal world wasn't bad enough, they're stuck in the modern mortal world to boot.
Erika
I remember getting this book at a book fair when I was in middle school. When I found it again a month ago, I promptly downloaded it onto my nook. I love the take on Greek mythology and the use of the Muses.
Lian
Very good. It was especially good for me because it was based off of greek mythology. I am a big fan of Greek myths or really any mythology.
Grace
I wasn't expecting this book to be that good because the cover was awful. But surprisingly I liked it a lot I plan to read the next one.
Jeca
I should re-read this series; don't remember much except I'm pretty sure I shipped Apollo/Thalia like mad. They were so cute.
Rachel
I don't really remember this book, just that it was one of my favorites as a kid!
Rachel
sometimes you just wan to jump to the end of the book
Hayley
Rehana
Rehana added it
Sep 05, 2014
Lunarblade
Lunarblade marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Dina Anur
Dina Anur marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Robert Mills
Robert Mills marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Omana
Omana marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Three Girls and a God (Goddesses, #2) Muses on the Move (Goddesses, #3) Love or Fate (Goddesses, #4) 30 Days to Getting over the Dork You Used to Call Your Boyfriend: A Heartbreak Handbook 30 Days to Finding and Keeping Sassy Sidekicks and BFFs: A Friendship Field Guide