Start by marking “Wind Warrior” as Want to Read:

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  305 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Employing all the drama, sensuality, and action that she is known for, O'Banyon spins a thrilling tale of a beautiful white captive and the Blackfoot warrior who wins her heart. Original.
Published February 1st 2010 by Leisure Books (first published 2010)

Comanche Moon by Catherine AndersonDancing on Coals by Ellen O'ConnellReclaim My Heart by Donna FasanoEyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold by Ellen O'ConnellComanche Heart by Catherine Anderson
Best Native American Romance
19th out of 269 books — 333 voters
Two Rivers by Zoe SaadiaAt Road's End by Zoe SaadiaThe Peacekeeper by Zoe SaadiaThe Cahokian by Zoe SaadiaRide the Wind by Lucia St. Clair Robson
Native American Historical Fiction
27th out of 186 books — 171 voters

More lists with this book...

Kay
Jan 24, 2015 Kay rated it did not like it
One of the worst romances I've read. Contrived plot, one-dimensional characters, and the most anticlimactic climax ever. There's really bad fan fiction better written than this drivel.
Katie(babs)
Feb 23, 2010 Katie(babs) rated it did not like it
One of the worst Western/Indian romances I've read in years. She makes Cassie Edwards look good.
Atunah

This was my first by O'Banyon and it will not be my last for sure. I am glad to find out that much of her back list is now available on kindle. I picked this as my prime loan for this month to see if I would like the writing and now I know. I love it.

I assumed this was written a while back, mainly because I don't really come across these sweeping native american historical romances anymore in the new releases. But it looks like this was first published in 2010. And that is good news. I
Country Goose
Sep 01, 2015 Country Goose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A New Favorite

Marianna is thirteen when she and two other (older) girls are taken by a Blackfoot raid of revenge. Dull Knife, already jealous over his brother's recent honor, attempts to win favor of the chief over Wind Warrior by offering the girl he took captive as a gift to replace a murdered daughter.

When she comes of age, Marianna becomes the fancy of both Wind Warrior and his brother, but Marianna has already chosen who to love and who to fear.

I don't usually like early settlement, Native
Sandi Layne
Aug 09, 2014 Sandi Layne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The slow-paced romance between a Blackfoot man and white woman begins when the two are quite young—Our Heroine, Marianna, is only thirteen as the story begins. The boy who would get the name Wind Warrior was only sixteen.

O'Banyon brings them through events that shape their characters as they grow to adulthood and to mutual awareness and love for one another. It is a story with bad guys, good guys, ethnic issues and a light touch on the white world of the 1860's.

Still, our heroine—who is given th
Heather
Aug 10, 2016 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely

Miranda is token captive at 13 and is given to the chief and his wife to take place of the daughter white man had killed, but Miranda's captor feels he will be on e to wed her since her gave her as a gift but his hatred for his brother is second great to his want of the white girl. Wind warrior knows he drawn to his brother captive that gave to the chef but he waits for her to a woman to claim
M her before his evil brother dose

Great read one the best in this genre I've read
Linda Sims
Jan 01, 2013 Linda Sims rated it really liked it
A CAPTIVE OF THE BLACKFOOT

The soldiers had attacked and killed many Blackfoot women and children. In revenge the chief Broken Lance sends a raiding party on a mission to the fort. The war party is to be led by Dull Knife, wanting to impress his chief who had lost his own daughter in the soldiers raid. He intends to take a white captive as a gift for Broken Lance.

Marianna Bryant is thirteen years old, her and some of the other children and women are having a picnic close to the fort. When the Bla
Cher Simodi
Jul 21, 2014 Cher Simodi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pleasantly surprised.

Pleasantly surprised.

I chose this book because it looked like a genre much different than what I usually read. Seriously different. I should say assumed it was different. What a great story. LOVE is universal. No matter the time,place,or people. I loved this story so much. Well written. I am so glad I went out of my normal genres. I think writing about Native Americans should be done with respect. This author did so.
Liz Oneill
Aug 01, 2015 Liz Oneill rated it it was amazing
This was clearly a beautiful romantic story but it had other levels of suspense. There is the whole political aspect of inter-marriage between a captured white girl who fell in love with the Dreamer of the Tribe. There is great jealously within the tribe and then the surprising response of the white soldiers when they recaptured Miss Bryant who is now Rain Song.
Janay Mourer
Aug 01, 2014 Janay Mourer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Wow

I so enjoyed this story, so much that I read it straight through in 8 hours. The characters are well developed. You will love some and hate others. Highly recommend this book!
Luann H. Mason
Apr 10, 2015 Luann H. Mason rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Held my interest

I enjoyed the story but some was just not believable. Most of her books are quite believable but this one dragged on in some parts like she struggled with the writing.
Jane Alden
Feb 16, 2014 Jane Alden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Wind Warrior

This book was very well written, extremely interesting and hard to put down. It even had a nice ending. I give it 5 stars.
Brooke
May 01, 2013 Brooke rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've read in the native american sub-genre of the western historical romance genre. Story was realistic, there actually was a plot, neither of the main characters turned into quivering saps, and the cheesy lines were minimal. On a part with my all time favourite of this genre, Dancing on Coals by Ellen O'Connell.
April Brookshire
Nov 19, 2014 April Brookshire rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
This book was different from my usual reads. About a thirteen year old girl who's abducted by Native Americans and her life after being adopted by the chief of the tribe. It was good, though, and I'll definitely be reading more Constance O'Banyon in the future. The romance in the book is minimal, but sweet.
Kathryn
Feb 02, 2013 Kathryn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, kindle, 2013-books
A fairly fast read, good book. I have always had a fascination for books about various Indian tribes that adopt whites into their tribe as one of their own. Often to replace someone who has been killed. I'm intrigued enough to read another book by this author.
Ilo Sylvie
Ilo Sylvie rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Angela Bohl
Angela Bohl marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Naduah
Naduah rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Vickie
Vickie added it
Aug 14, 2016
Kim Pettigrew
Kim Pettigrew marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
KM
KM rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2016
Mara Thomas
Mara Thomas marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2016
Sherri Sanborn
Sherri Sanborn is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2016
Sheri Richmond
Sheri Richmond marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it it was ok
Jul 26, 2016
Gaile Wood
Gaile Wood rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2016
  • First Love, Wild Love
  • Savage Heat
  • Black Horse
  • Night Flame
  • Cherokee Storm
  • Savage Forest (Savage Romance, #1)
  • Wind in the Grasses Dancing (Dancing the Dream, #1)
  • Beloved Savage
  • Sweet Prairie Passion (Savage Destiny, #1)
  • Dancing on Coals
  • Texas Splendor
  • Cheyenne Captive
  • Through the Fire
  • Too Tough to Tame (Tough Man, #1)
  • Gray Hawk's Lady
  • T'on Ma
  • Where the Rain is Made
  • Beyond the Horizon (Horizon Set, #1)
Evelyn Gee was born on 1939 in Texas, USA. She makes her home in San Antonio with her husband, Jim and their son, Jason.

She signed her novels as Constance O'Banyon. She also wrote as Micah Leigh with Texan writer Emma Merritt. Her books range from historical to contemporary and include several novellas. Many of her books have been published in trade paperback.Among her many awards, she is the reci
More about Constance O'Banyon...