Start by marking “Wind Warrior” as Want to Read:

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  216 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Employing all the drama, sensuality, and action that she is known for, O'Banyon spins a thrilling tale of a beautiful white captive and the Blackfoot warrior who wins her heart. Original.
Published February 1st 2010 by Leisure Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Wind Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wind Warrior

Comanche Moon by Catherine AndersonDancing on Coals by Ellen O'ConnellReclaim My Heart by Donna FasanoComanche Heart by Catherine AndersonSavage Ecstasy by Janelle Taylor
Best Native American Romance
23rd out of 245 books — 283 voters
Two Rivers by Zoe SaadiaAt Road's End by Zoe SaadiaThe Cahokian by Zoe SaadiaThe Peacekeeper by Zoe SaadiaAcross the Great Sparkling Water by Zoe Saadia
Native American Historical Fiction
21st out of 126 books — 151 voters

More lists with this book...

Kay
One of the worst romances I've read. Contrived plot, one-dimensional characters, and the most anticlimactic climax ever. There's really bad fan fiction better written than this drivel.
Katie(babs)
One of the worst Western/Indian romances I've read in years. She makes Cassie Edwards look good.
Atunah

This was my first by O'Banyon and it will not be my last for sure. I am glad to find out that much of her back list is now available on kindle. I picked this as my prime loan for this month to see if I would like the writing and now I know. I love it.

I assumed this was written a while back, mainly because I don't really come across these sweeping native american historical romances anymore in the new releases. But it looks like this was first published in 2010. And that is good news. I
Sandi Layne
The slow-paced romance between a Blackfoot man and white woman begins when the two are quite young—Our Heroine, Marianna, is only thirteen as the story begins. The boy who would get the name Wind Warrior was only sixteen.

O'Banyon brings them through events that shape their characters as they grow to adulthood and to mutual awareness and love for one another. It is a story with bad guys, good guys, ethnic issues and a light touch on the white world of the 1860's.

Still, our heroine—who is given th
Linda Sims
A CAPTIVE OF THE BLACKFOOT

The soldiers had attacked and killed many Blackfoot women and children. In revenge the chief Broken Lance sends a raiding party on a mission to the fort. The war party is to be led by Dull Knife, wanting to impress his chief who had lost his own daughter in the soldiers raid. He intends to take a white captive as a gift for Broken Lance.

Marianna Bryant is thirteen years old, her and some of the other children and women are having a picnic close to the fort. When the Bla
Cher Simodi
Pleasantly surprised.

Pleasantly surprised.

I chose this book because it looked like a genre much different than what I usually read. Seriously different. I should say assumed it was different. What a great story. LOVE is universal. No matter the time,place,or people. I loved this story so much. Well written. I am so glad I went out of my normal genres. I think writing about Native Americans should be done with respect. This author did so.
Janay Mourer
Wow

Wow

I so enjoyed this story, so much that I read it straight through in 8 hours. The characters are well developed. You will love some and hate others. Highly recommend this book!
Luann H. Mason
Held my interest

I enjoyed the story but some was just not believable. Most of her books are quite believable but this one dragged on in some parts like she struggled with the writing.
Jane Alden

Wind Warrior

This book was very well written, extremely interesting and hard to put down. It even had a nice ending. I give it 5 stars.
Nuha
I loved the book

After reading almost all of the author book, the books and story lines became somewhat predictable yet engaging and enticing.
Brooke
One of the best books I've read in the native american sub-genre of the western historical romance genre. Story was realistic, there actually was a plot, neither of the main characters turned into quivering saps, and the cheesy lines were minimal. On a part with my all time favourite of this genre, Dancing on Coals by Ellen O'Connell.
April Brookshire
This book was different from my usual reads. About a thirteen year old girl who's abducted by Native Americans and her life after being adopted by the chief of the tribe. It was good, though, and I'll definitely be reading more Constance O'Banyon in the future. The romance in the book is minimal, but sweet.
Kathryn
A fairly fast read, good book. I have always had a fascination for books about various Indian tribes that adopt whites into their tribe as one of their own. Often to replace someone who has been killed. I'm intrigued enough to read another book by this author.
Courtenay
Courtenay marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Cammie
Cammie marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
lesleymarque
lesleymarque marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Mom23greatboys
Mom23greatboys marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Mary Gay
Mary Gay marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Magda
Magda marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Marlene Mullet
Marlene Mullet marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
  • Black Horse
  • First Love, Wild Love
  • Savage Heat
  • Night Flame
  • Savage Forest
  • Sweet Prairie Passion (Savage Destiny, #1)
  • Cherokee Storm
  • Beloved Savage
  • Wind in the Grasses Dancing (Dancing the Dream, #1)
  • Dancing on Coals
  • Red Bird's Song
  • Cheyenne Captive
  • The Savage
  • The Bride Wore Feathers
  • T'on Ma
  • War Cloud's Passion
  • Comanche Heart (Comanche, #2)
Evelyn Gee was born on 1939 in Texas, USA. She makes her home in San Antonio with her husband, Jim and their son, Jason.

She signed her novels as Constance O'Banyon. She also wrote as Micah Leigh with Texan writer Emma Merritt. Her books range from historical to contemporary and include several novellas. Many of her books have been published in trade paperback.Among her many awards, she is the reci
More about Constance O'Banyon...
Savage Autumn Enchantress Comanche Moon Rising Velvet Chains Five Gold Rings