Start by marking “Happiness: Finders, Keepers” as Want to Read:
Happiness: Finders, Keepers

Happiness: Finders, Keepers

Happiness. What is it, and where can it be found? Is it an ideal to be hoped for in the next life, or a reality to be sought here and now?
Overcoming stress, maintaining a sense of humor, remembering our blessings, feeling gratitude-these are just some of the paths to happiness discussed in this delightful book. Warm personal stories and solid insights from the scriptures a
Published November 2nd 1999 by Deseret Book

To ask other readers questions about Happiness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happiness

Nov 15, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: religious
I believe in the great plan of happiness - designed by our Heavenly Father for our eternal benefit and joy. Sometimes life gets in the way and we forget that purpose of our lives here - to have joy! I am grateful for the reminders in this book to seek and create and share happiness. Ultimately it is our choice. I think it's important to remember that it's our responsibility to choose happiness.

There are lots of little and big things we can do to choose happiness. I am particularly grateful for
Mary Lou
Aug 08, 2014 Mary Lou rated it really liked it
Great book on what brings happiness and what is seeking pleasure.
"Sometimes the witing for happiness can lead down a long, long road of unhappiness. If we're waiting, we may think that happiness will come when .... then we'll be happy"

"Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it; and this path is virture, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God" - Joseph Smith

" Be positive, look for
Sara
Apr 10, 2009 Sara rated it liked it
I had heard Mary Ellen Edmunds speak at the Women's Retreat "Sweet Assurance" last month in Denver and her book is just as fun. She has such an optimism that I admire. I have been trying to not get worked up over the little things and take her advice and laugh over frustrating situations more. Well see..........
Annmariewy
Feb 17, 2016 Annmariewy rated it it was amazing
This book wasn't what I expected. I expected bubbly, over the top happiness. It was about happiness and some of it was bubbly but it was also very deep. It showed many different perspectives in life and really made you think about and be grateful for things and want to be a better person. I am thinking of buying it in hardback because I will read it again and again.
Cami
Jul 01, 2008 Cami rated it it was amazing
Shelves: db-approved
Mary Ellen Edmunds is a very funny old lady. I love everything she writes. If you ever get a chance to hear her in person, you should go! She's spiritual, honest, and has a silly sense of humor. This book is inspirational with a down-to-earth touch.
Danni
May 26, 2011 Danni rated it really liked it
As usual sister Edmunds is a hoot. I like her style and her way of explaining things. This book gave me a lot to think about. She talks about so many things that we have to be greatful that we just forget about.
Giana
Jan 07, 2009 Giana marked it as to-read
I found this on my book shelf and I believe I read this years ago but plan to read this following The Shack
Jackie
Jun 02, 2009 Jackie added it
This is such a "happifying" book. I loved the personal stories, laughable anecdotes, scripture links and the beautiful picture on the back in which she talks about in her book. An inspirational book that I will keep on my shelf to read again and again.
Andrea
Aug 10, 2008 Andrea rated it it was amazing
I love this book because it is so uplifting. She is a great woman,great sense of humor,strong, hardworking. etc and a great writer. I got a lot of good ideas on how to be happier and staying that way. :)
Feb 16, 2016 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book that is easy to read. It was nice to read when I was going through a hard time in my life.
Becky
Mar 03, 2008 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Mary Ellen Edmunds if my hero! She has such a positive happy outlook on life...it is contagious.
Love everything she writes!
Tina
Apr 09, 2009 Tina marked it as to-read
I started reading this one and just couldn't get into it. I was hoping for a light hearted book like what MEE usually writes. Perhaps I was just in the wrong place. I'll come back to it later.
Katie
Oct 23, 2008 Katie rated it it was amazing
If you're having a hard time or feeling down and want to feel happy...just read this book...I was laughing so much as I read that I cried a few times...so good!
Leesa
Jun 10, 2008 Leesa rated it it was amazing
This book helps us remeber to be happy and to try to always have a positive out look on life. We all have trials but Mary Ellen helps to find tools to stay happy. This is really an inspired book!!
Mar 07, 2008 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspiring-books
Just plain happy book. I marked it with crayons. She shares great ideas for enjoying simple things. Her focus is on caring about lasting truths. This book cheered my heart.
Chrystal
Apr 13, 2008 Chrystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are struggling to find reasons to be happy or thankful, READ THIS BOOK - - your paradigm will be shifted very quickly.
Jodi
May 12, 2016 Jodi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lds
This was an excellent book. I've loved hearing Mary Ellen Edmunds speak at Time Out for Women, and this book is just as good.
Ricki
Ricki rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2011
Lana
Lana rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2012
Michellemilner27
Michellemilner27 rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2008
leslie
leslie rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2008
Cherilee
Cherilee rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2008
Dana
Dana rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2008
Toby
Toby rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2009
Bethany
Bethany rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2009
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2008
DeeAnn
DeeAnn rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2008
Tammy
Tammy rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2013
Sally
Sally rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Mary Ellen Edmunds has served as director of training at the Missionary Training Center and as a member of the Relief Society general board. She graduated from the College of Nursing at Brigham Young University, has been a faculty member at BYU, and has served several full-time missions. A popular speaker, she is also the author of Happiness: Finders, Keepers; Love Is a Verb; and Thoughts for a Ba ...more
More about Mary Ellen Edmunds...