Start by marking “No Man's Land” as Want to Read:
No Man's Land

No Man's Land

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  64 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Kennesaw Tanner, soldier of fortune spends his time in Savannah waiting for his next mission. A government operative appears with an offer:Tanner is needed to locate and rescue the kidnapped heir of a powerful Persian Gulf sheik, whose alliance with the United States government has made him a target for terrorists. A simple extraction job.
What Tanner doesn't know is that t
Published February 2nd 2010 by Berkley Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about No Man's Land, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Man's Land

Scott Holstad
A fairly well written thriller with not quite enough action that has a plot with an odd twist/ending.

Tanner is a Delta vet who is hired by the US government to find the little grandson of an emir whose son and family were killed by terrorists and who is being held hostage somewhere in north Africa. He's given virtually unlimited resources to do this. One of the things that was strange for me right off the bat was that the location of the terrorist army was easily pinpointed and known by all invo
Debbie
Jan 29, 2010 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military-thiller
"No Man's Land" was a fast-paced and exciting military suspense novel. The world-building was excellent, and the details of the setting, various cultures, and actions (sailing, military, etc.) were realistic and brought the world alive in my imagination. I felt like the narrator was a real person telling me about events that had really happened. The characters were realistic and interesting. I wanted to know what happened next and had a hard time putting the book down.

It was clear from the chara
Christian
Apr 07, 2010 Christian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Wow, what an amazing book ...
I grew up reading and loving the adventure like thrillers of the seventies and early eighties. Alistair MacLean, Robert Ludlum, Desmond Bagley or Clive Cussler, you name them I've read them. Now I'm realy surprised and pleased to find an active(living) author that can write in this classic style.
I admit the plot is simple a former soldier is hired to retrieve the kidnapped grandson of an Emir. He hires a few old buddys and they start their own small war to get the jo
Norma
Sep 19, 2015 Norma rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This isn't my favorite genre but I found the story easy to follow and easy to read. Enjoyed.
Alexandre Zulato
Sep 22, 2013 Alexandre Zulato rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Action packed with fiction that is based on the real life experiences and expertise of former Delta operator Eric L.Haney. Right up there with blockbusters like Clancy and Daniel Silva, but much more reality-based in both military action and character description. The story is concise and to-the-point, making for a fast and very enjoyable read. In fact it seamlessly merge into a second book with the same lead character, Kennesaw Tanner, a kind of warrior-philosopher with a positive attitude towa ...more
Richard
Well written, but not one of my favorites. Hopefully the next installment for Kenesaw will be a bit more entertaining. The book has a few high points, but is very predictable. Give the new author a shot, with the hopes that the next book in the series is a bit better..
shay
Jul 25, 2010 shay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1002010
while this was not the best written book, i did really enjoy the story and the characters. and i liked a lot of the information the author gave. if there are more books featuring this character i'll check them out.
Casey
Mar 23, 2010 Casey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the same author as "Inside Delta Force". Pretty good book, it was very mission based and not a whole lot of side stories which I actually enjoyed. I will read the next book in the series.
Russell Smith
Mar 12, 2011 Russell Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good! I learned some things, had a hard time putting it down. First of the "Tanner" novels. Anxious for more!
Larry
Jul 28, 2012 Larry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK thriller: 2 1/2 stars if we did 1/2 stars, but it could lead to something.
Jon
Nov 20, 2010 Jon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Written by ex Delta Force operator Eric L. Haney about a character with a similar background, the book's action is made engaging by its realism. Pragmatic in tone, the book emphasizes the preparation and cooperation required of commando operations.Most impressive to me are the author's appreciation of cultures (both foreign and his own) and the humanity it conveys.
Susie
Oct 19, 2013 Susie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
fun!
Kevin L Main
Kevin L Main marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2015
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2015
Vickie
Vickie rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2015
Andrew Sill
Andrew Sill rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Nancy Giuga
Nancy Giuga marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Dennis
Dennis rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2015
Nydia Burdick
Nydia Burdick marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Walling
Walling rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2015
Brian J McMillan
Brian J McMillan rated it liked it
May 28, 2015
Lee Kicker
Lee Kicker rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2015
Phil
Phil rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2015
Thomas
Thomas marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Garth Scrivner
Garth Scrivner rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2015
Kretoace .
Kretoace . rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2015
Matt
Matt added it
Feb 08, 2015
Larry Matthews
Larry Matthews rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Command Sergeant Major Eric L. Haney (U.S. Army, Ret.) is a former member of the United States Army's counter-terrorist unit, the 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (1SFOD-D), more commonly known as Delta Force. In recent years he has been writing on terrorism, guerrilla warfare, and special operations. Haney is the author of Inside Delta Force, a memoir of his time in the elite unit, ...more
More about Eric L. Haney...