Start by marking “River's Edge” as Want to Read:
River's Edge

River's Edge (Cape Refuge #3)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  3,089 ratings  ·  86 reviews
In the third of the best-selling Cape Refuge series, mayoral candidate Ben Jackson seems to have the election locked. But when Jackson's wife turns up murdered, things begin to shift. Was this the act of a jealous lover? A dangerous client? Or is this all about the election?
Published July 27th 2009 by Zondervan (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about River's Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about River's Edge

Loralee
Terri Blackstock writes another murder mystery with a Christian perspective. She feels that her books are her ministry. Sometimes when I read this type of book, I find the author very preachy, but she strikes a nice balance between an interesting story and sharing her beliefs.

This story is the third book in the Cape Refuge series. This fictitious island off Georgia's coast has seen a surge of murders recently. Police Chief Cade is now on the hot seat as the mayor's race heats up. Two of the cand
Nancy
A Mayoral Race Upset by Murder

In the third book in the Cape Refuge Series, Morgan and Jonathan are still running Hanover House, a transitional facility for drug offenders. To complicate their lives, Jonathan is running for mayor and they are trying to have a baby, but with little success.

Morgan is drawn to Lisa, wife of another mayoral candidate because they both have fertility problems. When Lisa disappears, the investigation centers on her husband. The evidence is there, but Chief of Police C
Simran Pahwa
This novel is the third novel in the Cape Refuge series. Now, although I haven’t read the first two novels in this series (Cape Refuge & Southern Storm), it wasn’t as confusing as I thought it would be! There were some areas of the book where I was kind of confused as to what was going on, but I guess that would be my fault for not realizing that I had ordered the third book rather than the first! Anyway, moving onto the review.

This novel revolves around a series of murders that begin to un
Kelly
Feb 16, 2015 Kelly rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys fast-paced, suspenseful stories with a mystery with a surprise ending.
This is Book #3 in the Cape Refuge Series. If you remember, I already reviewed Book #4 of this series here. I know, I seem to be reading this series in reverse, but it still makes sense and is still very suspenseful and enjoyable. I received a copy of River’s Edge free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I am not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

Official Book Description

The man Lisa Jackson loved most may hav
Michelle
I have read all the books in this series thus far and I'm such a fan of Terri Blackstock. I do think that her more recent books are my favorite and a bit more suspenseful but this is still a great series. That being said this book is centered around infertility in every way. It was interesting to read about and get into the emotions of the characters. The murder is to a woman named Lisa who has been trying for years to have a child. Add some politics, shady business owners, and media and you hav ...more
Liz Terek
Book #3 in the Cape Refuge Series, ‘River’s Edge’ brings us the drama surrounding the town of Cape Refuge. Morgan & Jonathan are struggling with infertility issues. Jonathan is also embroiled in a mud-slinging mayoral race with two prominent community members. All the while, they’re running Hanover House, a transitional housing facility. Their two foster children have been thriving, but now their mother may receive an early release from prison.
Baby Seth & his teen sister Sadie have be
Mary
Aug 04, 2014 Mary marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
In a world gone crazy with tragedy—the Boston bombing, the West, Texas explosion, a friend forced to invite Hospice into her home—turning to a good novel can be an escape of a necessary kind. My reading style allows background noise. So Thursday, I set the TV to breaking news and settled down with a novel that’s been waiting for just such a week.
River’s Edge by Terri Blackstock, the 3rd in her Cape Refuge series, was perfect.
I plunged into life in Blackstock’s island town of Cape Refuge: Morga
Julia Wilson
River's Edge by Terri Blackstock is book number 3 in the Cape Refuge series. During the race to become mayor, candidate Ben Jackson's wife, Lisa goes missing. The evidence of foul play points to Ben, but police chief Cade continues his search for clues for the truth. Meanwhile newspaper editor Blair is also on the hunt for a story and follows up Lisa's last known movements.
The friendship of Cade and new christian Blair continues, but has it's conflicts over the investigation of Lisa, as Blair pr
Victor Gentile
Terri Blackstock in her new book, “River’s Edge” Book Three in the Cape Refuge series published by Zondervan gives us another adventure with Blair Owens and Police Chief Cade.

From the back cover: Was Lisa Jackson s disappearance related to politics, her husband s affair, or her long-term infertility?

Ben Jackson is going head to head with Jonathan Cleary in Cape Refuge s mayoral race and he s even expected to win when his wife Lisa turns up missing the day before the major debate. Suddenly the to
Tammy
I enjoy reading books penned by Terri Blackstock. This is book 3 in the Cape Refuge Series...yeah, I did it again and began in the middle of a series. But after reading this book I'm not sure series is a good word. To me this is a stand alone read unless I missed something and didn't know it.
Lisa Jackson has disappeared...gone missing the day before her husband, Jonathan, is throwing in his hat for the mayoral race. Oh!my!what!turmoil! The whole town hears of the affairs that Ben Jackson has bee
Hallie Szott
This review is also posted on Book by Book.

River’s Edge is the third book in Terri Blackstock’s Cape Refuge series. Starting this novel, I was a tad bit nervous, since I haven’t yet read the previous two books in the series (Cape Refuge and Southern Storm) and therefore was unfamiliar with the recurring characters. But as I read, I felt Blackstock gave me enough information to understand her characters and their recent history (without giving any spoiling details) and I quickly connected with th
Loraine
Once again, Terri Blackstock has created an intricate mystery with several sub-plots weaving their way through the main mystery. She included several sub-plots involving themes you don't often see in Christian fiction: infertility, psychics (palm-reading), and halfway houses. This is the third book in the Cape Refuge series and I have enjoyed them all.
Ann Saylor
I just finished reading Terri Blackstock's "River's Edge". I loved it, and I would recommend it to anyone who's looking for a clean and easy read. Great characters, great storyline, and lessons we can all relate to. It's a tale of suspense revolving around a small town murder. You'll be inspired by the mission of the Hanover House, a halfway house supporting people in life transition. You'll cheer for the romance between the chief of police and the owner of the newspaper. You'll long for the mai ...more
Debbie West
as usual, Terri Blackstock wrote a not-so-usual Christian mystery, full of. humor, love, romance, and Christian faith. noone portrays the Christian's fears and values as well as Mrs Blackstock does. this was 3rd in the Cape Refuge series. i enjoyed it as much as the first two books. i was glad to see Cade and Blair make thaat step to become closer and was so glad to find Morgan& Jonathaan at a better place regarding a future biological family. the hardships and sacrifices made by this couple ...more
Elaine
Even though I've given Blackstock's previous two books in this series 3-stars each, there's something drawing about the characters, Morgan, Jonathan, Blair, Cade, and Sadie.

In this, book number 3, Jonathan's mayoral opponent Ben and his wife Lisa have been trying to have a baby for over a decade and have been going the medical route. Morgan and Jonathan have been trying as well but for less time. Lisa goes missing right before the mayoral debate is scheduled to take place and third candidate Sam
Aerykah
This book was a little tough for me to get into at first; but, once I got into it, it was a really great book! Being the 3rd book in the Cape Refuge series, there's already been a foundation laid for the story and there are quite a few references to things that happened in the first 2 books. It's definitely not a stand-alone book. If you haven't read the first 2, then don't read this one yet, because you'll miss a lot.
I really enjoyed reading about Blair's growth from rejecting God to accepting
Barbara
"This is the third in Blackstock's Cape Refuge series. She writes a decent mystery and the ending is brilliant, but her characterizations occasionally fall flat. Morgan really annoyed me in this book, because she behaves as a super-Christian with no faults at all. She's totally emotion-driven and apparently doesn't understand the basics of logic or reasoning. Not all Christians are like that. Meanwhile, her sister Blair (a better overall character) has taken over the newspaper and is writing abo ...more
Scott K
Another enjoyable read though the ending was a bit of a stretch not so much in being realistic but for the setting of the Refuge series.

The main murder plot though kept the reader in suspense, the sub-plot of Sadie's mom was so so and don't want to say more as to be a spoil but thought it was let's just say just to quick, better if stretched over two book.

In summary I'm enjoying the Refuge series but it seems to have lost the small southern town simplicity. Blackstock seems to be almost wishing
Andrea
My library went to the effort of getting the rest of the books in this series for me, so I feel obligated to finish them, but I have to say that the series isn't living up to my expectations. First, for a town whose typical crime is parking violations, there sure have been a lot of murders. I think I'd be packing up and moving. And, what is the deal with Blair and Cade? It seemed like they were together at the end of the first book. Then, the whole second book was about them getting together (we ...more
Maurean
With Ben Jackson sure to win the mayoral race against Sam Sullivan and Jonathan Cleary, his wife is found murdered just days before the final debate.

Several years ago I had read and enjoyed the first two books in this series, and was delighted to get my hands on the remaining two, through a Good Reads swap. I love the characters Ms. Blackstock has created, and was happy to reacquaint myself with them in this installment, although I didn't enjoy this one as much as I did the previous two. I thin
Libby Sellers
Dec 13, 2014 Libby Sellers rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Likes Mysteries written from a strong Christian worldview
Shelves: audiobook, scribd
River's edge is the third book in the Cape Refuge series. It's every bit as good as the first two. If you like mysteries written from a strong Christian worldview yet with characters with flaws just like the rest of us, then you will like this series. I like the fact that there is a message in each of the books and that the stories are unique. I did not see the ending coming is this book, which is a plus and I've grown fond of the main characters and want to see how their lives play out in the f ...more
Connie
River's Edge is the 3rd in the Cape Refuge series. As with the first 2 books, I didn't have the killer figured out! This is another great mystery. It's great to read a book without strong language and explicit descriptions of sex and gore. This is a must-read for Christian fiction readers and mystery readers too!
Carolyn E
Dec 22, 2011 Carolyn E rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
What a wonderful series this is!! The books in Terri Blackstock's "Cape Refuge" series are the first books I have read by Terri Blackstock, and they are great!! I would give them at least 7 or 8 stars. Since River's Edge is the third book in this series, there is only one more book, Breaker's Reef, to read. I plan to read it next, and then I will have to read her other books.
Challice Neipp
"You are wrapped up in the main characters of our story. First the Pastor running for Mayor and his wife, Morgan, are trying desperately to conceive and..." (See more on my blog post below.)

My review can be found at this link...

Bree
4.5 stars. The story was interesting. What really sold me and got me hooked on this book as the relationship and tension between Blair and Cade. The town reporter and chief of police.
Loraine
Good as the others. This is a fun series to read. The only thing I would suggest to the author, or that I didn't enjoy, was the repetitiveness of each novel. It's true that events happened to different people, but pretty much the same story in each book. It didn't really lessen my enjoyment of the stories, but I am changing genres for a bit. I need a break.
Renee Youells
A good read

I love how it's a mystery and a love story in one. it's the kind of book that I would recommend to my adult children.
Sandra Allen
I liked how Jonathan began Mayor
Ashley Fuhr
I can't decide whether this book or the last is my favorite in the series, so far. The suspense was good, the plot was continually moving forward, but not so fast you were hoping for more. This was a much more fast paced book than the last, and I enjoyed it. It was more of a page turner. I like Blair and Cade's story and was happy to see it come to fruition in this book. Looking forward to finishing up with book #4 soon.
  • Dead of Night (Hidden Faces Series, #3)
  • Season of Blessing (Seasons, #4)
  • Into the Deep (Rock Harbor Series #3)
  • The Guardian (O'Malley #2)
  • A Shred of Evidence
  • Life Everlasting (Alexi Lindale, #2)
19811
Terri Blackstock is a New York Times best-seller, with over six million copies sold worldwide. She is the winner of two Carol Awards, a Christian Retailers Choice Award, and a Romantic Times Book Reviews Career Achievement Award, among others. She has had over twenty-five years of success as a novelist.

Terri spent the first twelve years of her life traveling in a U.S. Air Force family. She lived
More about Terri Blackstock...

Cape Refuge (4 books)
  • Cape Refuge (Cape Refuge, #1)
  • Southern Storm (Cape Refuge, #2)
  • Breaker's Reef (Cape Refuge, #4)
Night Light (Restoration #2) Last Light (Restoration, #1) Cape Refuge (Cape Refuge, #1) Southern Storm (Cape Refuge, #2) Breaker's Reef (Cape Refuge, #4)