Start by marking “Deadly Fear (Deadly, #1)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Fear (Deadly, #1)

Deadly Fear (Deadly #1)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  4,338 ratings  ·  330 reviews
TWO BRILLIANT AGENTS
FBI Special Agent Monica Davenport has made a career out of profiling serial killers. But getting inside the twisted minds of the cruel and the sadistic has taken its toll: She's walled herself off from the world. Yet Monica can't ignore fellow agent Luke Dante, the only man who ever broke through her defenses.

ONE DREAM TEAM
Luke has the unique ability t
Published August 1st 2010 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Fear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Fear

Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

What a book. OMG.
Best suspense I have read so far, seriously amazing with brilliant writing!
Huge, huge, huuuuuuuge rec!!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It was superb!

I was gripping my reader like a lunatic, I am lucky I don't bite my nails cause I wouldn't have any by now :DD
There is always something happening, but the best of it is, I didn't see almost half of it coming! One this was especially a shock and boy, I'm glad this author isn't lovey-dovey with the suspense part, it just makes it more real!
And the worst part for
Shawna
5+ stars – Romantic Suspense

WOW! Fan-freaking-tastic! There’s a new powerhouse talent in romantic suspense, and her name is Cynthia Eden. As brilliantly written, crafted, and executed and creeptasticly chilling as a Karen Rose novel with some similarities to Kylie Brant’s Mindhunters series and Leslie Parrish’s Black CATs series, but with much better developed romance and verrry steamy love scenes, Deadly Fear had everything I love in a romantic suspense thriller and kept me completely riveted f
Mo
Blood and death - now that was what she understood

First time reading this author but it certainly won’t be the last. This was a bit of a rollercoaster with bodies showing up and we hadn’t a clue who to blame. Left me guessing to the very end.

Tall, muscled, with bright emerald eyes and sun-streaked blond hari, Dante was a southern boy with charm and a dimple in his chin

But if one thing had been drilled into him in those profile classes at the Academy, it was that even dead victims could t
Duchess Nicole

Fantastic romantic suspense! The perfect blend of evil mystery villain, intense FBI action, and hot, Hot, HOT sexual tension.

MY SYNOPSIS
Monica Davenport has a past that is finally catching up with her in more ways than one. No stranger to serial killers, she joined the FBI's special group of hunters after her own run in with a sadistic killer while in her teens. She spent some time with the sicko, and now has an inside track into what drives someone like that. She's become an integral part of
Auntee
Aug 15, 2010 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Karen Rose
Recommended to Auntee by: Amy and a bunch of GR buddies
Really quite good. I know a lot of reviewers compare this to a Karen Rose book, and I can definitely see the similarities. This was an expertly plotted thriller about a female FBI profiler's race to stop a serial killer, and it drove me crazy trying to figure out who the serial killer could be. I bounced back and forth between a few suspects, but discounted the obvious choice because I thought the author kind of made it a little too plain who she wanted you to think it would be. But when the kil ...more
Crystal~BIG book addict~
What scares you?

Well, for one, the serial killer in this awesome book did! As I was reading this book I was trying to figure out who it was and guess what, I WAS WRONG! Totally threw me! I loved it!!

We start out meeting Monica or Ice as some call her. She is one of the top FBI profilers and is all about the job. She doesn't let anyone close and has closed herself off from emotion. She was the victim of her own nightmare in her teens.

Enter Luke Dante. He is new to the team in the SSD (Serial
Kathleen
WOW!WOW!WOW! What a book! This book was a 5 star from page 1. It grabbed me and just took control, lol! I have chills running up and down my arms this book was that good of a read for me. Can hardly wait for book 2, Deadly Heat to come out in February 2011. I'll be reading it the moment I have it in my hands.

I have to thank AJ and all my other buddies here at goodreads for making such great reviews on this book. Without those this book might have sat and I might never had read it.
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Jul 24, 2013 Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ by: Blacky *Romance Addict*
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This book is what scared me! Nah, it wasn't that bad.....really. Did I have a feeling of déjà vu with Silence of the Lambs in the back of my head? Yes. I think I would've lost it if American Girl by Tom Petty broke out on the radio.... It DOES give you that spooky feeling.

Monica is a master at getting in the head of serial killers. She has experience.....she was the victim of endless torture at the hands of a serial killer. If she didn't know how to get in their heads, she'd be dead. Dead like
Rhonda
I really liked this book. However, I found it difficult to connect with the characters until I was almost 3/4 way through the book, and then I just liked them.I was a little put off by the timing of the sex scenes, and because of this I didn't get that warm tingly feeling!! LOL. (The scenes were well written.)I also felt that Luke was lacking a little, *ducks* I mean he manned up when it came to the bedroom, but he didn't really do much until then. He just seemed like a lost Horn Dog following M ...more
Kelly

Wow, I really loved this one! It was a perfect blend of romance and suspense. I loved the writing, the MC's, and the whole creepy feel of the book. It was my first Cythia Eden, but it sure won't be the last. Can't wait to read the rest of the series!
Amy
"What scares you?" It's the one question a killer has to know before he snatches his next victim. A killer who sets up his victims to face their greatest nightmare while he gets off on their fear and pain. That is the dramatic structure to the first installment of the Deadly Series and get ready to be shakin’ in your boots! Not only is there a serial killer on the loose to keep the hair on your neck on edge, but there is some scorchin’ hot sexin’ going on between the two FBI agents assigned to t ...more
Laurie Garrison
I found this book nothing less than a thrilling page turner, so much so I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough. I love a good suspense with out all that CSI stuff. If your looking for a book you can really sink you teeth in this would be it. I would suggest that you give yourself time to read this one its not a quick simple book to read. Cynthia delivers a punch in mystery, excitement, danger, emotions, and a enthralling cast of agent characters that I truly enjoyed reading. Plus she throws a few ...more
Karla

5 Stars!! This book was AWESOME!!

This was my first Cynthia Eden, and I was blown away. I was immediately drawn in. Very creepy and it plays on your greatest fears. What scares you? Serial killer, sex and mayhem…romantic suspense at its best. Loved the style of writing with all the expressed thoughts from the characters. I could almost see their facial expressions as they’re thinking, remembering, and processing the information…like a movie in my head. Monica and Luke, two people with haunted p
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~

Ok, this is a fantastic romantics suspense, with just the perfect balance of romance and mystery. I'm so glad my GR friends encouraged me to read it.

Luke and Monica were fabulous characters. They were perfect for each other. You could see it in every line, and every word. Two sides of the same coin. And man, they were hot. Crazy chemistry. I adored that Luke would not let Monica hide, that he saw all of her, and loved her because of who she was, not in spite of it.

I was also fascinate
Plamena
5 Stunning stars

“I’d walk through hell for you, but I won’t walk away from you, not again.”

Amazing!!!! I absolutely loved this book! It grabbed me from the first chapter and just couldn’t put it down! I needed to know more and the suspense was killing me! The only time I didn’t want to read was during the night because the serial killer was just too fu**ing insane!!!

FBI Special Agent Monica Davenport is one of the best the field of profiling serial killers. But to be able to catch them, you
Lisa Kay
Ryan McPartlin as Luke Dante (though Luke's eyes are a little greener)
description
(Review of audiobook.) First time I’ve “read” this author and first time I’ve heard this narrator, Justine Eyre, who does a nice job of reading.

Even though I picked this one up mostly because I needed Mississippi for my 50 States Challenges (and audible.com was having a sale!), I liked both of them well enough to continue this well-written series. A few things the author had to overcome to win my admiration: the villain is üb
Stephanie
Just a good the second time around.

1st read 8/10/10

WOW!!!!!! This my friends is how you write romantic suspense. I read a lot of romantic suspense and never before has a book spooked me. This one did!!! And it was awesome!

I have found a new author to put on my auto buy list. I am just sad that I have to wait until Feb 2011 for the next book to come out.

Luke and Monica smolder on the pages. That doesn't last long because they give into the need for each other, in what I can only describe as exp
Gina
Now this was an exciting read! And what a brilliant, tough, amazing heroine!! I absolutely loved Monica!! The hero Luke was a wonderful character as well, but honestly it felt like he took a backseat to the heroine. That woman knows how to kickass!! And Luke is a kickass hero as well, but he also knows how to support Monica and let her be independent, what a great team these two were.

They are on the hunt of a serial killer, who kills his victims with their most deadly fear. The killer is a sick
Maldivianbookreviewer
5+ Stars Romantic Suspense!

Wow!
What an intense, suspenseful, edge-of-the seat ride was that! And I loved every minute of it. Cynthia Eden's Deadly Fear has been sitting prettily in my TBR pile for ages now and right now I am kicking myself for being so slow in becoming a fan of the Deadly series which has earned quite a lot of rave reviews during the short span of time that has passed since the debut of the series, which happens to be this book. Being my first Cynthia Eden, I am definitely jo
Jen
I fucking knew it! This book kicked a whole lot of ass! Why can't I give this a 4.5 again?

Review to come.
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover ❤️ & KA Addict
Jun 03, 2012 Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover ❤️ & KA Addict rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover ❤️ & KA Addict by: Karla
Wow I loved this book, Cynthia Eden does fabulous romantic suspense. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Anja

This was me throughout the whole book..

I was hooked from the start and couldn't put it down!
Just the perfect mix between

ROMANCE

and
SUSPENSE!

Can't wait to read the rest of this series!
⊱ Irena ⊰
3.5
There were a few times the heroine annoyed me. If you are working on a case and you’re receiving messages from a serial killer, I don’t think it’s very bright not to tell your partner, your team that you know more about it. Fortunately, there are no TSTL moments in this book, no stupid have to leave you for your own good decisions.

Luke Dante and Monica Davenport know each other. So, there isn’t instant love either (at least not in the present). Their chemistry is strong and believable and he
Steffi
Deadly Fear is one of the best (if not the best) romantic-suspense novels I have ever read, hands down!

The new FBI devision, SSD, works solely on serial-killer crimes and when a new killer is on the loose agents Monica Davenport and Luke Dante have to team up to prevent the "the Watchmam" from choosing his next victim. But the killer is always one step ahead of them and when Monica herself is asked "what scares you?" it seems they know exactly who the next victim is supposed to be!

Monica and L
Heather
Jul 27, 2013 Heather rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Romantic Suspense.
Recommended to Heather by: Blacky *Romance Addict*

Heather's thoughts:

Monica Davenport is a federal agent who has made a career of getting into the minds of serial killers. She has a dark past that makes her uniquely qualified to do the job. This past is hidden so deep that she hopes no one will ever find it.

Monica has nightmares that haunt her. She has taken her fears and turned them into her weapon. Monica is known as "ice" because of her lack of emotion on the job. Unfortunately, she has always had trouble showing emotion off the job too.

Cheryl
Very good Romantic-Suspense book. It had my heart racing in quite a few places and had me looking over my shoulder a few times! The heroine, Monica, was great! She was a braver woman than I am! And Luke was dreamy and charming! I look forward to reading more books by this author and more specifically, the rest of this series when it is released!

Monica Davenport:

Photobucket

Luke Dante:

Photobucket
~E~ Riverina Romantics
Within a few pages of my first Cynthia Eden story I could tell this author is damn talented.

Her voice is clear, sharp and straight to the point - in every single sentence. There is no cause for boredom, no need to skim read, every single page moves the story forward.

Monica and Luke were a great team, not only in the field but in the bedroom. And I realise this is fiction, but Cynthia Eden made this story believable with her imperfect characters. Their lives weren't easy, they had major issues
Monique
I can barely write a coherent review for this. It took me barely two days to read this. It was suspenseful. It was sexy and sweet. It was fear and passion and fire and just everything mixed together.

I have to admit, I was scared reading some scenes. To be inside the head of a serial killer, to see what he is about to do next... *shivers* It's bone-chilling.

However, any book that can bring any reaction out of me must be a damn good book that definitely worth reading.

Luke was so swoony. He was
Samantha
Cynthia Eden brings to life a gripping thriller that will keep readers' minds racing until the very last page.

Holding on to fear and relinquishing control can be deadly. Who knows that better than Special Agent Monica Davenport? The star of the Serial Services Division (SSD) at the FBI gets inside the killer’s mind and brings them down. Her reputation for being cold as ice and sharp has led to her being the best profiler. Yet, there is one person who sees the warm individual that Monica is and t
Keri
Let me preface my review by saying that I tend to grade tougher on romantic suspense, because it is one of my favorite genres and I have a really high bar.

If I could have given it 31/2 stars I would have. Overall I liked Ms. Eden's book. I thought that the storyline was solid and I felt Monica and Luke's romance eventually. It took me awhile to warm to their romance.

Ms. Eden does write more sexier, edgier love scenes (they were all kind of fast and furious.) than what you normally see in a Kar
★Five Star Series★: Deadly series by Cynthia Eden 2 11 Aug 24, 2011 03:49PM
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • Edge of Sight (The Guardian Angelinos, #1)
  • One Scream Away (Sheridan, #1)
  • A Kiss to Kill (Passion For Danger, #3)
  • Rescue Me (Last Chance Rescue, #1)
  • Deadly Descent (Bagram Special Ops, #1)
  • Waking Nightmare (Mindhunters, #1)
  • If You Hear Her (The Ash Trilogy, #1)
  • Edge of Midnight (Chasing Evil, #3)
  • Whisper No Lies (Black Ops, #3)
  • Edge of Survival
  • Pursuit
New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Cynthia Eden has written over thirty novels and novellas. She was named as a 2013 RITA finalist for her paranormal romance, ANGEL IN CHAINS, and, in 2011, Cynthia Eden was a RITA finalist for her romantic suspense, DEADLY FEAR.

Cynthia is a southern girl who loves horror movies, chocolate, and happy endings. She has always wanted to write (don't most
More about Cynthia Eden...

Deadly (3 books)
  • Deadly Heat (Deadly, #2)
  • Deadly Lies (Deadly, #3)
Mine to Take (Mine, #1) Hotter After Midnight (Midnight, #1) Bound by Blood (Bound, #1) Eternal Hunter (Night Watch, #1) Bound in Sin (Bound, #3)

“Running into a burning building probably wasn't the smartest move Kenton Lake had ever made. Then again, sadly, it wasn't his dumbest either.” 20 likes
“want” 0 likes