Start by marking “Der Fluch des Titanen (Percy Jackson, #03)” as Want to Read:
Der Fluch des Titanen (Percy Jackson, #03)

Der Fluch des Titanen (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #3)

4.32  ·  Rating Details ·  421,753 Ratings  ·  13,911 Reviews
Die Götter des Olymp befürchten das Schlimmste, denn die Titanen rüsten zum Krieg! Percy und seine Freunde müssen bis zur Wintersonnenwende die Göttin Artemis befreien, die in die Klauen der finsteren Mächte geraten ist. Dabei müssen sie gegen die gefährlichsten Monster der griechischen Mythologie antreten - und geraten selbst in tödliche Gefahr. Aber mit Percy haben die T ...more
Published 2010 by Cornelsen (first published May 5th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Der Fluch des Titanen, please sign up.

Serena Good to know, but this is where you can ask questions. :)
Jewlz Titans Curse was one of my favorites in the Percy Jackson series

Jesse (JesseTheReader)
not gonna lie, it took me a little bit of time to fully get into this one, but the pay off was worth it. so many crazy things happened in this book & i'm still sitting here in a bit of shock! full video review to come.
Sasha Alsberg
Apr 08, 2016 Sasha Alsberg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HADES!!!!!!! Gahhhh this book series is amazing!!!! Nico!!!!!
Cara
I have yet to be disappointed in this series. A real rarity in a fantasy series in general.

The story starts out with Percy, Annabeth, and Thalia trying to help Grover to sneak out two half-bloods from a private military style school. Things get immediately messy and they stumble upon yet another problem, or more like a crisis. In the process of a battle Annabeth is stolen away. Something called The General is out again wrecking havoc and as you can already tell Luke has a hand in all this. This
Mike (the Paladin)
Let me open by saying...Rick Riordan, I'm sorry for what I'm about to say. I'm an unpublished writer and I know the best I can hope for is that at some point some will like what I write, and some will well, rip it.

I've not been "real complimentary' of these books up to this point, I gave each 3 stars...said they were what I'd call, "not bad". I dropped this one to 2 stars...it's getting to "bad".

First, I must say apologetically that the writing isn't all that great. I know these have sold millio
Chloe
Jul 30, 2015 Chloe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
My favourite book of the series so far!
Jessica Olson
Aug 28, 2016 Jessica Olson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites, fantasy
I love you Percy
Mark Lawrence
Mar 14, 2016 Mark Lawrence rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This morning, while waiting with Celyn at her hospital appointment I told her I was going to write a review of the book I finished reading to her the night before and asked her if it deserved 5*. She said it did. So 5* it is.

I picked this book up from Celyn's pile when we went off on her school trip (a week in the wilds) and being in a hurry I managed to get book 3 of the series rather than book 2 (we read book 1 last year). So we've jumped over The Sea of Monsters - but I don't think the readin
Eric Boot
LET'S MAKE IT COMPULSORY FOR EVERYONE TO READ THESE BOOKS
WHAT ARIA LOVES
RATING: a-

Rick Riordan is a genius.

I finished this book with a smile on my face, just like with the other two books. Friendship and family are two of the most prominent themes in this series and I think lessons like those are important for books that cater to younger readers. I find that these books are not only fun, but also teaches the readers something valuable. I'd most definitely recommend this series to my daugher when she's older. :)

But really, this series is only getting better. I did love
Zoë
Dec 20, 2014 Zoë rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5
SO glad that I'm continuing on with this series! This book was fast paced and (in my opinion) way better than Sea of Monsters. I can't wait to read the next book soon!
Natalie Monroe
I've been sneakily rereading the Percy Jackson series backwards the past month. I don't add them to my currently-reading shelf because I have ARCs and other stuff I should be reading instead and if I don't put them there, it doesn't feel like I'm procrastinating.

It's during rereads that I discover the sheer genius Riordan weaves in his work. He introduces important characters in unimportant ways, and it's beautiful. The foreshadowing is unreal.

Percy-fection.

Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
I actually found myself laughing aloud at some of the dad jokes in this one. A+ Rick riordan
Lisa Johnson
Apr 19, 2016 Lisa Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: greek-mythology
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“Love conquers all," Aphrodite promised. "Look at Helen and Paris. Did they let anything come between them?"
"Didn't they start the Trojan War and get thousands of people killed?"
"Pfft. That's not the point. Follow your heart.”

This book was so great! I missed Annabeth a little, and Thalia annoyed me, and Zoe annoyed me, and basically everyone annoyed me, but it was great!

First off, let me just say - I. Loved. Apollo.

Rick Riordan made him into suuuuuch a great character. I did let out a little
Cait (Paper Fury)
This. I like. Me likee very much, thank you. I'm doing a marathon read of this series this year (although I've paused for some Skulduggery Pleasant because I have reading ADD...I relate to Percy) and I'm really getting enthused! First two books started a bit rocky with me. I wasn't ever wowed. And while I'm still waiting for crushing feels (I think that'll coming in the next Heroes of Olympus series more so than this one?) I'm starting to LOVE AND ADORE THESE BOOKS.

So much epicness.

So many peo
Namratha
Having celebrity parents is a double-edged sword. And when they happen to be temperamental IMMORTAL Greek Gods...it’s a whole new ball game.

Artemis, The Goddess of The Hunt is M.I.A. and Annabeth, Percy’s “good friend” and fellow half-blood is missing AND in grave danger. Two new undetermined and powerful half-bloods, Bianca and Nico di Angelo have made an appearance. Luke and his dastardly plans of resurrecting Kronos are in full swing but now he seems to have an even more chilling ordeal set u
Laz
Jan 23, 2015 Laz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy lovers
“Love conquers all," Aphrodite promised.

"Look at Helen and Paris. Did they let anything come between them?"

"Didn't they start the Trojan War and get thousands of people killed?"

"Pfft. That's not the point. Follow your heart.”

Advice from Gods. You should follow it or Zeus will smite his mighty thunder upon you. Lol, kidding. This was another awesome novel in this splendid series which I so wholeheartedly love. I feel like a kid reading this series, I feel like playing with my toys and going ou
Courtney
Percy Jackson is back... and Annabelle is missing! Grover, Thalia, and Percy must team up with the Hunters (Artemis' immortal virgin maidens) to find Annabelle and Artemis. If only Grover didn't spend all of his time mooning of the Hunters and guzzling coffee... If only Thalia, daughter of the god of the sky, wasn't afraid of heights... If only the Hunters didn't despise Percy just because he's a guy... oh yeah. This quest is going to be just great.

This was a delightfully funny installment to Ri
Inge
cool story bro
Anne
You bewitched little thing wrapped in paperback!

I don't know how the books in this series manage to coin 5 stars out of me at the last minute. Oh wait, I do know. Rick Riordan is the master at rocking concluding pages. Or at least he's high up there somewhere in rank. The plot twists at the end are SO GOOD.

The plot
A Percy Jackson story does not begin until a quest arrives. For me, everything before it is boredom and everything after is pure adrenalin. I get so absorbed in the story once the qu
Emma Jones
Apr 19, 2015 Emma Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So far this is my favourite Percy Jackson book. Really fast pace and a lot of new characters were introduced which I loved. Zoe nightshade was such an interesting character and I really loved her backstory. The ending was the best part though with Nico, I really didn't see that coming. I can't wait to continue this series.
Celine Lindeskov
Mar 13, 2015 Celine Lindeskov rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This series is so great! I love to read from Percy's point of view, it's hilarious! And I can't wait to find out what happens!! I mean, Nico! And that last scene! And I want something to happen between Percy and Annabeth!
Even though this series is considered middle-grade litterature, I think it can be enjoyed by all people in all ages. Pick it up, if you want to read something relaxing and not too serious! ;-)
Taissa
Jun 06, 2015 Taissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books just keep getting better and better and more extreme and I love it.
Valerie
Really this series has thus far been very dependable. I wasn't let down by The Titan's Curse at all and for an in between book it was very entertaining.

Mission: Save the goddess Artemis, Annabeth, and find a deadly creature that could possibly destroy Olympus.

The Team: Percy (obviously), Grover (wouldn't have it any other way), Thalia (inevitable), and two huntresses called Zoe and Bianca.

It's just as funny as the other two and still full of action. The hints in this book are a bit more subtle
Susannah
Kyoko SWords
Jul 30, 2016 Kyoko SWords rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahora lo entiendo. Puedo entender por qué este libro de la saga es el favorito de todos. Desde el primer capítulo no dejan de pasar cosas, todo va tomando más forma y los personajes que van saliendo y entrando a la historia son cada vez más fascinantes. Sabía lo de Nico, lo veía venir, pero fue un giro que agradecí a los cielos que pasara. Solo diré que necesito más de Hades y seré 100% feliz. Me declaro otra tonta fan de Percy Jackson y a muchísimo honor.
Sue (Hollywood News Source)

My most favorite installment so far.
Vane J.
Edit (February 27, 2016): Sense finally came to me. This is a 4.5 out of 5 stars, so I'm lowering my rating to 4. What? I never round them up! I have to give my pride at least this treat. But don't worry, I still love it. :)

____________________

Original review:

I never thought I'd rate any of these books 5 stars. Honestly. They have so many flaws I can't ignore. I mean,

• Deus Ex Machina? Literal Deus Ex Machinas. The gods helping them at the most convenient moment. I really hate those kind of thin
Mario
For now, my second in the series, first being The Sea of monsters.

Even though I wish Annabeth was more in it, I liked most of the new characters we were introduced to. Can't wait to start book 4.
Shaun
Ah...so this was okay. As an adult, I'm starting to weary of this series, though my 10 year old son loved all five books when he read them independently.

Unfortunately, this book is a carbon copy of the last book, The Sea of Monsters, which is essentially a carbon copy of the first book,The Lightning Thief, and perhaps that is the problem. Like the first two books, I read this aloud to my kids. We took a small break from reading (about a week), and upon resuming the story I kept confusing this bo
Cathy
Got my 10 yr-old friend to read the series and he's enjoying them as much as I did. He read book 2 over one week during winter vacation! We're having a great time discussing the story and even some of the deeper concepts. If you haven't picked them up, do it!
Zoe Nightshade! 25 136 Sep 02, 2016 01:57PM
YA Spanish Reads: The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #3) 3 19 Jul 30, 2016 07:53PM
I have a dam problem 11 106 Jun 20, 2016 06:20PM
Best one out of the series? 11 36 Jun 03, 2016 11:32PM
CONTINUE PERCY JACKSON OR START GRISHA 6 40 May 14, 2016 07:59AM
Why Artemis? 6 56 Apr 30, 2016 08:40AM
  • Gregor and the Marks of Secret (Underland Chronicles, #4)
  • Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven, #2)
  • Alcatraz Versus the Knights of Crystallia (Alcatraz, #3)
  • The Problem Child (The Sisters Grimm, #3)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #2)
  • The Rise of the Black Wolf (Grey Griffins, #2)
  • Erak's Ransom (Ranger's Apprentice, #7)
  • Leven Thumps and the Whispered Secret (Leven Thumps, #2)
  • Forest of Secrets (Warriors, #3)
  • Playing with Fire (Skulduggery Pleasant, #2)
  • Peter and the Sword of Mercy (Peter and the Starcatchers, #4)
  • Beyond the Grave (The 39 Clues #4)
  • The Quillan Games (Pendragon, #7)
  • This Isn't What It Looks Like (Secret, #4)
  • Max (Maximum Ride, #5)
  • Skeleton Key (Alex Rider, #3)
  • The Gorgon's Gaze (The Companions Quartet, #2)
  • Dandelion Fire (100 Cupboards, #2)

More about Rick Riordan...

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)

“Let us find the dam snack bar," Zoe said. "We should eat while we can."
Grover cracked a smile. "The dam snack bar?"
Zoe blinked. "Yes. What is funny?"
"Nothing," Grover said, trying to keep a straight face. "I could use some dam french fries."
Even Thalia smiled at that. "And I need to use the dam restroom."
...
I started cracking up, and Thalia and Grover joined in, while Zoe just looked at me. "I do not understand."
"I want to use the dam water fountain," Grover said.
"And..." Thalia tried to catch her breath. "I want to buy a dam t-shirt.”
7938 likes
“Ever had a flying burrito hit you? Well, it's a deadly projectile, right up there with cannonballs and grenades.” 4946 likes